Justin Blackmon

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor
Floyd and Jeffery will both be gone if we are picking past 16th which we will be. I'd gladly give someone a 3rd rounder and our 1st to move up a couple slots and get a primetime WR.

No way are they gone.....

Hmm, just checked the standings. With the Vikings win, we went from the possibility of a just-out-of-the top 10 pick to the 19th pick of the draft. Ok, that sucks. I guess Arizona got it even worse, they finished with an identical 8-8 record, no playoffs, and still all they get is a #20 pick. Our team and theirs both finished at the top of a suprisingly large pack of medicore teams. 10 teams either went 8-8 or 7-9 (including the entire AFC West --Tebow in the playoffs!! even after our former Bears O of Orton/Thomas Jones/Casey Weigman and co. helped hand Denver a season ending loss).

No way are they gone.....

I have yet to see a mock draft from a credible site that has either one slipping past 16th. There are way too many bad teams ahead of us that need WR talent for them to pass up on either Floyd or Jeffery. With Barkley going back to college that doesn't help. We will need to trade up to get Floyd. Jeffery may slip if his 40 time is not very good but I'm not sold on him like I am with the other two.

I have yet to see a mock draft from a credible site that has either one slipping past 16th. There are way too many bad teams ahead of us that need WR talent for them to pass up on either Floyd or Jeffery. With Barkley going back to college that doesn't help. We will need to trade up to get Floyd. Jeffery may slip if his 40 time is not very good but I'm not sold on him like I am with the other two.

With where the Bears are sitting in this draft, they have to add a WR in free agency. They just have to. Draft what is available at 19, but make sure you fill that WR spot in free agency first.

I have seen a draft site that has Jeffrey dropping to number 40 and that is nfldarftscout.com who originally had him in the top 5. Most of the negative vibe is about his route running which puts him in the Randy Moss mode in terms of what routes he prefers. When he is on the outside he is a stud but I can't say he is a stud in the middle of the field.

This is coming from the professed president of The ALSHON JEFFRIES Fan Club if you don't believe me as Brian Bear who several occassions had to correct my spelling of his name. Alshon Jeffrey.

Brian Bear who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? LOL

With where the Bears are sitting in this draft, they have to add a WR in free agency. They just have to. Draft what is available at 19, but make sure you fill that WR spot in free agency first.

I myself would rather add a #1 receiver through the draft if at all possible. There aren't a whole lot of spring chickens out there that will be available at WR in free agency, and I'd like someone here that can grow with Cutler and be here for the long haul as opposed to a guy that is already borderline 30 waiting for that inevitable decline in performance. Floyd, Blackmon, and Jeffery are the cream of the crop when it comes to standout WR's. Obviously Blackmon will be gone before the top 5 selections are made so he's out of the question but Floyd, from most mocks that I've seen has fallen somewhere between 8-16, sorta that middle tier part of the first round. The way we are positioned now, outside of that middle tier, and unless I'm completely wrong about where Floyd will fall, we would need to trade up to get him. Whatever we do, we NEED to add 2 quality starting receivers before the start of next year.

I myself would rather add a #1 receiver through the draft if at all possible. There aren't a whole lot of spring chickens out there that will be available at WR in free agency, and I'd like someone here that can grow with Cutler and be here for the long haul as opposed to a guy that is already borderline 30 waiting for that inevitable decline in performance. Floyd, Blackmon, and Jeffery are the cream of the crop when it comes to standout WR's. Obviously Blackmon will be gone before the top 5 selections are made so he's out of the question but Floyd, from most mocks that I've seen has fallen somewhere between 8-16, sorta that middle tier part of the first round. The way we are positioned now, outside of that middle tier, and unless I'm completely wrong about where Floyd will fall, we would need to trade up to get him. Whatever we do, we NEED to add 2 quality starting receivers before the start of next year.

If Floyd falls to #19, great. Grab him before anyone else notices he's there.

But this team can't afford to wait and see if he'll fall. It needs WR help that badly.

That was easy enough...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php (old order)

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012...-first-20-picks (current)

One of the bottom two will probably be there at 16. At 19 there's less chance since the Jets might be having problems with Santonio Holmes and the Chargers might have to part ways with Vincent Jackson via FA. Either could get a WR to fill the potential void.

That was easy enough...

One of the bottom two will probably be there at 16. At 19 there's less chance since the Jets might be having problems with Santonio Holmes and the Chargers might have to part ways with Vincent Jackson via FA. Either could get a WR to fill the potential void.

After his bowl game performance there is zero chance of him falling in this draft. It will cost a pretty penny to move up and draft him, esp after falling to the 19th pick.

I would love him on the Bears but dont see it happening. It would cost too much. We need young talented depth and the only way to build up depth is through the draft. We need all the draft picks we can get.

That was easy enough...

Both of those have Michael Floyd going 13th.. And like I said, he's the #1 that I really really want. I wouldn't trade up for Jeffery but I would for Floyd.