I'm praying it's not a torn knee (54)

Chitownhustla

I hate garbage time at the end of games and the season, especially when stars get hurt with nothing to play for.

** I guess he was playing for something, according to Pro Football Reference, Urlacher had 992 tackles coming into the game for his career, and ended the game with 8 tackles, so congrats to him for 1,000 tackles! **

Here's Pompei:

When Urlacher finally got up and walked off on his own power, he received a standing ovation from Vikings fans. "He's really tough," Moore said.

He did not return in the game, but the diagnosis was good — a sprained MCL according to Smith.

"He heals a little bit quicker than most people so he should be OK," Smith said.

Link

Here's Pompei:

Link

My post was based on a report I heard on Mully and Hanley this morning on the SCORE and then it was repeated this morning on Waddle and Silvy on ESPN 1000.

Slo-mo pictures of the play look bad and the fact that he got up walked off and then put his helmet back on is a testimony to his toughness.

I used to like Adam Schefter when he was on the NFL Network but once he went to ESPN he started to leak out some bogus info just to get you to subscribe to his insider info. It is the same reason why I don't follow Mel Kiper even though I am an NFL Draft junkie.

My post was based on a report I heard on Mully and Hanley this morning on the SCORE and then it was repeated this morning on Waddle and Silvy on ESPN 1000.

Slo-mo pictures of the play look bad and the fact that he got up walked off and then put his helmet back on is a testimony to his toughness.

I used to like Adam Schefter when he was on the NFL Network but once he went to ESPN he started to leak out some bogus info just to get you to subscribe to his insider info. It is the same reason why I don't follow Mel Kiper even though I am an NFL Draft junkie.

McClure writes that he has an MRI today, so we'll know for sure afterwards.

McClure writes that he has an MRI today, so we'll know for sure afterwards.

Balta I live in the suburbs of Chicago and the article you posted is from 9:57 am and I am off today and have been listening to the radio since 7am cst because of my work schedule which is 4am cst to 12 pm cst. I wake up at the same time evey day.

So if you look at the time that is stamped on the Pompeii article then you will realize the point I'm making.

Balta I live in the suburbs of Chicago and the article you posted is from 9:57 am and I am off today and have been listening to the radio since 7am cst because of my work schedule which is 4am cst to 12 pm cst. I wake up at the same time evey day.

So if you look at the time that is stamped on the Pompeii article then you will realize the point I'm making.

Crap, I read the timestamp on the Pompei article but just assumed it was today and not "1/1/12".

No surgery necessary, but this would have been a bad thing to happen during the season. Sounds like a "Severe sprain", grade 2 would be my guess. Damaged but not torn.

Linebacker Brian Urlacher underwent an MRI on his ailing left knee Monday and was told that no surgery was necessary at this time.

A source said the MRI revealed damage to the medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments. Urlacher's knee will need 10 weeks of rehabilitation work.

Coach Lovie Smith had described the injury Sunday as a sprained MCL.

“It’s pretty sore,” Urlacher told the Tribune on Monday morning.

No surgery necessary, but this would have been a bad thing to happen during the season. Sounds like a "Severe sprain", grade 2 would be my guess. Damaged but not torn.

Just for the record, if someone has a torn MCL or torn ACL, they can walk right afterwards if able to withstand the pain. Mobility won't be the same, but it's possible. I should know, because I tore mine snowboarding and not only got down the rest of the slope, but also walked quite a bit afterwards.

Whether or not he walked after the injury is virtually meaningless. The MRI is the real indicator.