Chaos

CrackerDog

I know there's a lot of virtual high fives going on here today but damn if I don't find it a bit premature. Let's take a look...

* The Bears are retaining Lovie Smith, a move I approve of, but in the process they're saddling the new GM with a coach he may not want. With that said, it could be that the Bears will really tell the new GM to make his choice and they'll cut Lovie loose later if that's the decision. This is a big unknown. Meanwhile Lovie is left hanging with no OC.

* Speaking of that OC, Cutler will need to learn yet another system. This isn't impossible but it doesn't give me warm fuzzies either. Who will it be? Guys, we could end up with Shoop II here. There's NOTHING that says we'll see an improvement over Martz. And who will want to join lame duck Lovie?

* Our O Line could improve with some health and a few free agent pickups. Again, an unknown. If we don't improve here I don't care who the man in charge is or who we see at OC.

* Our three top players ended the season on IR. Concern? Oh, and one of them is pissed off he didn't get a new deal last year which he obviously deserved.

* We have basically crap at WR.

I guess I'm raining a little on the parade but today's news isn't all rainbows. Just thought I'd toss a little "reality" out there.

I know there's a lot of virtual high fives going on here today but damn if I don't find it a bit premature. Let's take a look...

* The Bears are retaining Lovie Smith, a move I approve of, but in the process they're saddling the new GM with a coach he may not want. With that said, it could be that the Bears will really tell the new GM to make his choice and they'll cut Lovie loose later if that's the decision. This is a big unknown. Meanwhile Lovie is left hanging with no OC.

* Speaking of that OC, Cutler will need to learn yet another system. This isn't impossible but it doesn't give me warm fuzzies either. Who will it be? Guys, we could end up with Shoop II here. There's NOTHING that says we'll see an improvement over Martz. And who will want to join lame duck Lovie?

I think Tice fills that role. Not sure if it's a great thing or not, but it does provide someone tied to Lovie and someone who is familiar with the talent.

* Our O Line could improve with some health and a few free agent pickups. Again, an unknown. If we don't improve here I don't care who the man in charge is or who we see at OC.

This is why Angelo is gone. His inability to stabilize things for his franchise QB were unforgivable. Again, who better than the OL coach to call plays that suit the OL. Side note: If Tice truly believes the OL will be in good shape next year, we are in deep shit.

* Our three top players ended the season on IR. Concern? Oh, and one of them is pissed off he didn't get a new deal last year which he obviously deserved.

This may create better will with Forte and Briggs

We have basically crap at WR.
Great reason for a new GM

I guess I'm raining a little on the parade but today's news isn't all rainbows. Just thought I'd toss a little "reality" out there.

The only way this is not all rainbows is if they have Ruskell take Angelo's position and see Tice above.

I was going to add pretty much the same...

I think Tice fills that role. Not sure if it's a great thing or not, but it does provide someone tied to Lovie and someone who is familiar with the talent.

This is why Angelo is gone. His inability to stabilize things for his franchise QB were unforgivable. Again, who better than the OL coach to call plays that suit the OL. Side note: If Tice truly believes the OL will be in good shape next year, we are in deep shit.

The only way this is not all rainbows is if they have Ruskell take Angelo's position and see Tice above.

Well I think someone else said it in some thread today... The Angelo years were a joy compared to the Wanny years. And things can always get worse. I'll be watching the hiring process closely, as I assume all of you will as well. Let's just hope they take this opportunity to make this a step in the right direction. I've seen too many people in charge of my favorite team over the years that did a terrible job compared to JA. I just hope we aren't missing him in a few years. For all of his failures, he did bring Cutler and Peppers to the team when 31 other teams would've loved to get those assets. And we made it to within 7 points of being in the Superbowl again just last season...

I love this team and want only the best for them. Let's hope they don't fu*k it up.

yes...but, that shouldn't be the comparison! We deserve better!

Well I think someone else said it in some thread today... The Angelo years were a joy compared to the Wanny years. And things can always get worse. I'll be watching the hiring process closely, as I assume all of you will as well. Let's just hope they take this opportunity to make this a step in the right direction. I've seen too many people in charge of my favorite team over the years that did a terrible job compared to JA. I just hope we aren't missing him in a few years. For all of his failures, he did bring Cutler and Peppers to the team when 31 other teams would've loved to get those assets. And we made it to within 7 points of being in the Superbowl again just last season...

I love this team and want only the best for them. Let's hope they don't fu*k it up.

I missed the press conference, did they says Tim ruskill will not be considered for the GM