Hindsight 20/20

Chitownhustla

Now that Martz is gone how many think Olsen was a good trade? I hope that whoever we pick with that 3rd pick brings as much value as Greg did.

Honestly, Olsen did about as much damage as he did good while here. It always seemed like he would fumble or miss a block as much as he made a clutch catch. More Kellen Davis would be fine w/ me.

Honestly, Olsen did about as much damage as he did good while here. It always seemed like he would fumble or miss a block as much as he made a clutch catch. More Kellen Davis would be fine w/ me.

Greg Olsen was a great pass catching TE, he was moved due to him not fitting in the Martz scheme, now Martz is gone. Look at NE, GB, NO they all use the TE and get alot of great production out of them. Give Cutler a true #1 WR and Olsen would have been even more productive.

Hopefully you are right, Kellen Davis needs to step it up this year!

Greg Olsen was a great pass catching TE, he was moved due to him not fitting in the Martz scheme, now Martz is gone. Look at NE, GB, NO they all use the TE and get alot of great production out of them. Give Cutler a true #1 WR and Olsen would have been even more productive.

Hopefully you are right, Kellen Davis needs to step it up this year!

He was indeed a pass catching TE. But he was also a pass dropping TE, a ball fumbling TE, and one of the weakest "big" TEs in the NFL. I see no reason the Bears can't get the same type of production out of Kellen Davis. He may be slower than Olsen, but his hands are just as good, and he shields defenders better than Olsen ever did. And, although we haven't seen it, I'm willing to bet he fights for contested balls better than Olsen does. I liked the guy, but I wasn't terribly upset to see him go, regardless of the reasons for his departure.

If losing Olsen was one more weight on the fire JA scale, then it was worth to see him go...

He was indeed a pass catching TE. But he was also a pass dropping TE, a ball fumbling TE, and one of the weakest "big" TEs in the NFL. I see no reason the Bears can't get the same type of production out of Kellen Davis. He may be slower than Olsen, but his hands are just as good, and he shields defenders better than Olsen ever did. And, although we haven't seen it, I'm willing to bet he fights for contested balls better than Olsen does. I liked the guy, but I wasn't terribly upset to see him go, regardless of the reasons for his departure.

Agreed 100%

Peace :dabears

Greg Olsen

2007 39 rec 391 yds 2 TD 0 FUM

2008 54 rec 574 yds 5 TD 2 FUM

2009 60 rec 612 yds 8 TD 0 FUM

2010 41 rec 404 yds 5 TD 2 FUM

Kellen Davis

2011 18 rec 206 yds 5 TD 0 FUM

Couldnt find pass dropped stat

I personally liked Olsen, i guess 4 fumbles in 4 years makes him a fumble machine. He had good not great numbers. He had better numbers then Kellen Davis but Kellen didnt have Cutler throwing to him for the last 5 games. Lets hope Kellen Davis can up his production next year and we can draft someone in the 3rd that helps out next year.

Interesting...

Maybe Davis can get better numbers with a better OC...

Greg Olsen

2007 39 rec 391 yds 2 TD 0 FUM

2008 54 rec 574 yds 5 TD 2 FUM

2009 60 rec 612 yds 8 TD 0 FUM

2010 41 rec 404 yds 5 TD 2 FUM

Kellen Davis

2011 18 rec 206 yds 5 TD 0 FUM

Couldnt find pass dropped stat

I personally liked Olsen, i guess 4 fumbles in 4 years makes him a fumble machine. He had good not great numbers. He had better numbers then Kellen Davis but Kellen didnt have Cutler throwing to him for the last 5 games. Lets hope Kellen Davis can up his production next year and we can draft someone in the 3rd that helps out next year.