McKenzie hired as Raiders GM

madlithuanian

We're always a day late and a dollar short with hirings...

The Job isn't as good as it is with other teams. It would be if our idiots running the team were gone and the new GM could come in with his new hand picked coach. I'm sure that stuff has already begun to affect alot of the decisions these guys are making. Who knows if DeCosta comes if he had total control, instead of having a coach here he doesn't want.

True...

And although a failure, it was like whiffing on a #1 pick that everyone think will be a guaranteed stud, but isn't. I don't fault the hire, just that he lingered too long!

Man, those were some tough years...

We weren't with Wanny. He was the top coaching prospect at the time. How did that work out for us????

Peace :dabears

I think it has more to do with the fact that the Raiders offered first and the Bears haven't even interviewed. Raiders had a head start and I'm guessing McKenzie is going to have full control with Davis no longer there. Plus I got a feeling McKenzie had an idea he wasn't the top choice of the Bears (although he might have been 1B) so he had no idea of knowing whether other opportunities were out there.

Raiders have a solid team, although if I were the GM, I'd rather take the Bears job or Rams or Colts jobs as I think you have a lot more to work with. If you want a more established team, Bears > Raiders, plus we have draft picks (and cap space; not sure what the Raiders have but I'm sure they do too).

Rams/Colts are both great options if you want to be part of a rebuilding team.