Tice to be OC

aalonsoj

Tice is a perfectly fine hire and makes a ton of sense. Bears will be able to play a little bit more to Cutler's strengths and he'll have more input yet they wont' be entirely overhauling the offense. I expect Bates to be brought in as the Passing Coordintor. I could be wrong.

I'm also very curious to see who Tice brings in as the Oline coach.

I believe this is the very best the Bears could have done, if indeed Tice brings Bates in to be his QB Coach. I'm a huge Bates fan and Tice has a lot of experience in dealing with offenses as he called plays in Minnesota years ago while Linehan got adjusted....hell the Titans wanted to interview Tice last year for the OC job and the Bears said no. Tice was going to get a chance to call plays eventually and I don't mind it being here. Besides, what we saw a lot of last year as the Bears ran for over 2000 yards wasn't really Martz's offense...it was so watered down I would have preferred Tice had taken over during the bye week.

Don't buy too much into this "passing game coordinator" terminology as its just a term. Bates had the same title in Denver with Shanny and Cut years back.

Tice is familiar with what Cut likes to do and he's familiar with what the offensive line can/can't handle. Bates can only complement Tice/Cutler in this regard and build off of what they've already accomplished together.

As long as Lovie is the HC moving forward- I'm more than okay with this move.