Decosta is out

Chitownhustla

Smith will probably be the GM now. Everything is going internal...

I think I have a headache...

Mckensie and Decosta off the board blows!! This is really not going how i had hoped. Oak get his guy interviewed and hired before we even have a chance to offer anything. Not sure if the Bears even asked him to interview. Hope they got some tricks up their sleeves.

Not getting Decosta hurts but that Falcons guy sounded promising and the one major knock I had with McKenzie is he was a pro-personell guy vs. a scouting guy. That is what i really liked about DeCosta. The Falcons guy is solid and the ex Bronco's GM (Sundquist) seems like an interesting candidate as well.

Snead out of ATL is being sought by the Rams and Colts as well, hopefully the Bears at least get a chance to interview him.

If they miss on him, they better do what they need to do to get Polian on board. Not many other names intrigue me.

Im not sold on Polian, mainly due to his age and the problem that could arise with trying to bring his son who clearly is being made the scape goat for Indy's problems. Does Polian still have it in him to put the effort that needs to be put forth to be a great GM?

Im not sold on Polian, mainly due to his age and the problem that could arise with trying to bring his son who clearly is being made the scape goat for Indy's problems. Does Polian still have it in him to put the effort that needs to be put forth to be a great GM?

Its funny cause I've heard a lot of stuff in Indy about Chris but around the league it sounds like a lot of people think Chris is a really bright guy. I don't know what to think. Part of me says Indy needed a scapegoat but I still think the firings were more to do with ownership needing to seperate itself from Peyton to ensure an independent decision is made for what is best for the team and he feels that the Polians are too close to Manning and as a result might not make the best decision possible (hell the owner is probably in the same boat).

Its funny cause I've heard a lot of stuff in Indy about Chris but around the league it sounds like a lot of people think Chris is a really bright guy. I don't know what to think. Part of me says Indy needed a scapegoat but I still think the firings were more to do with ownership needing to seperate itself from Peyton to ensure an independent decision is made for what is best for the team and he feels that the Polians are too close to Manning and as a result might not make the best decision possible (hell the owner is probably in the same boat).

would really need to know who made the draft day decisions and FA decisions the last 4 years. I thought i saw somewhere that the last 4 drafts have not proved to be good at Indy.

Granted everyone in Indy may have gotten lazy due to Manning making them seem better then they really where. I would be hard pressed to believe that. Both Polians had to have know that their talent was drying up.

Aside from a few star players Indy never had a really good defense, at best league average. That was never Polian's intent either. He always said with Peyton it was going to be about the offense. He screwed up by not having a decent #2 QB otherwise this wouldn't be a discussion. OTOH Peyton and his massive contract don't leave much room for signing a good backup unless you take the cash away from another position. He put all the dollars into one basket so to speak but it has worked for over a decade so overall pretty successful strategy.

would really need to know who made the draft day decisions and FA decisions the last 4 years. I thought i saw somewhere that the last 4 drafts have not proved to be good at Indy.

Granted everyone in Indy may have gotten lazy due to Manning making them seem better then they really where. I would be hard pressed to believe that. Both Polians had to have know that their talent was drying up.

Irsay is becoming more and more of a Jerry Jones type of owner. He used to stay out of the football portion of the business, but now is constantly tweeting and putting out other nutty football related memos. He wanted Bill Polian to fire Chris Polian, who was in charge of the last few of Indy's drafts. Funny thing though, Bill Polian always had a horrible backup in place, in the great Jim Sorgi. Both Polians did know their talent was dwindling a little. But with so much invested on the offensive side of the ball, they little choice. As AZ54 pointed out, it worked pretty well for 11 years. Add to that, how many years did it work in Buffalo? He didn't do so bad in Carolina either. I'll take Bill Polian in a heartbeat.(even if he brings Chris along) He'd be the best thing to enter Halas Hall since Jim Finks.

Now there is rumblings that Tim Ruskell is still in the running and might end up the guy. If these clowns hire Jerry Angelo's buddy, who is worse then Angelo, after firing Angelo I may just have to stop watching until he is gone. This team is trying to take over the Raiders under a senile Al Davis' place as the laughing stock of the NFL.

Oh and the Bears have NOONE scheduled to come in for an interview at this time.

Now there is rumblings that Tim Ruskell is still in the running and might end up the guy. If these clowns hire Jerry Angelo's buddy, who is worse then Angelo, after firing Angelo I may just have to stop watching until he is gone. This team is trying to take over the Raiders under a senile Al Davis' place as the laughing stock of the NFL.

lol, figures. The Bears are all about promoting their "crew" and keeping status quo.

Irsay is becoming more and more of a Jerry Jones type of owner. He used to stay out of the football portion of the business, but now is constantly tweeting and putting out other nutty football related memos. He wanted Bill Polian to fire Chris Polian, who was in charge of the last few of Indy's drafts. Funny thing though, Bill Polian always had a horrible backup in place, in the great Jim Sorgi. Both Polians did know their talent was dwindling a little. But with so much invested on the offensive side of the ball, they little choice. As AZ54 pointed out, it worked pretty well for 11 years. Add to that, how many years did it work in Buffalo? He didn't do so bad in Carolina either. I'll take Bill Polian in a heartbeat.(even if he brings Chris along) He'd be the best thing to enter Halas Hall since Jim Finks.

As I had mentioned, I've heard quite a few national guys talk about Chris and they say he has a very very bright future and that more of the smoke in Indy is just stuff they are throwing out there to better explain the firing and that really Chris has a really bright future. Basically put, the Polians are getting thrown under the bus.

I just know the track record is fantastic. I also want to point out that I'm most interested in bringing in a college personell guy than a pro personell guy. I want the person with the scouting accumen running the draft and hopefully we can find a good pro guy. I wonder if the Bears would hire Gabriel back (he was the pro guy, correct?).

Snead or the Giants guy (Ross?) are my new top choices.

If the Bears promote Ruskell after firing Angelo, than I really have to wonder what the hell is going on. No way is Ruskell the best guy out there. I'm not saying he's as terrible as some of these Seattle people say he is cause his teams made the playoffs the majority of his tenure but I just don't get how you fire angelo to bring in his best buddy. That makes zero sense, unless, the Bears ultimately have come to the conclusion that staying the status quo for one more year and if it doesn't work, you do a full overhaul, in which case I could understand, but they'd have really blown the pooch cause they'd have been better off sticking with Jerry one more year than.

I'm not going to believe this is true, I just can't. It would be so assinine.