If I Were the New GM...

Mongo3451

You know most men endeavor to rule a kingdom. I am no different. The new GM has a daunting task this offseason and I'm going to play the role. Here's my agenda...

1) Send a letter to Briggs agent, telling Briggs to play this year, keep his mouth shut and we will extend him next year. A message needs to be sent by the new leadership, that stongarm tactics will not be tolerated. However, good play and locker room leadership will be rewarded.

2) Message to players Part II. Find a way to get Forte under contract. This a veteran team and Forte deserves the loyalty of NOT being franchised. A little good will goes a long way in the locker room.

3) Sign a top WR at all cost. Our immediate needs will not be met in the draft. This is the only way to complete our offense. Draft a complimentary understudy high in the draft.

4) Fix the damn OL! I think we are a LT away fom having a servicable young OL. The addition of a LT talent, with the continuity a full offseason will bring, should reap huge benefits.

5) After our OL and WR needs are met, draft defense, defense, defense. Our D is aging, plus the new bodies will be valuable ST players.

6) Sign our key free agents, depend on Lovie to provide insight on who they are.

Of course, the above items are not timeline specific, but all need done. Items one and two set the tone, four through six set the table.

Lastly, find a way to pin Lovie to something He has NOT been held accountable for anything in his tenure. From getting rid of Chico with the infamous "trust me", to "Rex Grossman is our quarterback", to firing Turner as a scapegoat, to Martz... He has proven to be made of teflon, but I have a hard time believing that talent issues were on JA alone. Lovie has to stand and deliver or answer the turk. I am that turk! LOL

You know most men endeavor to rule a kingdom. I am no different. The new GM has a daunting task this offseason and I'm going to play the role. Here's my agenda...

1) Send a letter to Briggs agent, telling Briggs to play this year, keep his mouth shut and we will extend him next year. A message needs to be sent by the new leadership, that stongarm tactics will not be tolerated. However, good play and locker room leadership will be rewarded.

2) Message to players Part II. Find a way to get Forte under contract. This a veteran team and Forte deserves the loyalty of NOT being franchised. A little good will goes a long way in the locker room.

3) Sign a top WR at all cost. Our immediate needs will not be met in the draft. This is the only way to complete our offense. Draft a complimentary understudy high in the draft.

4) Fix the damn OL! I think we are a LT away fom having a servicable young OL. The addition of a LT talent, with the continuity a full offseason will bring, should reap huge benefits.

5) After our OL and WR needs are met, draft defense, defense, defense. Our D is aging, plus the new bodies will be valuable ST players.

6) Sign our key free agents, depend on Lovie to provide insight on who they are.

Of course, the above items are not timeline specific, but all need done. Items one and two set the tone, four through six set the table.

Lastly, find a way to pin Lovie to something He has NOT been held accountable for anything in his tenure. From getting rid of Chico with the infamous "trust me", to "Rex Grossman is our quarterback", to firing Turner as a scapegoat, to Martz... He has proven to be made of teflon, but I have a hard time believing that talent issues were on JA alone. Lovie has to stand and deliver or answer the turk. I am that turk! LOL

I agree with all points, but WR and OL fix is top priority, Forte isnt going anywhere and Briggs is just a loud mouth, cant do a thing. Nobody wanted him before , what about now that he is 3 years older.

The opposite of Trump...

YOU'RE HIRED!