Why no talk of Saints personnel people?

WheresMyronBaker

I havent heard one report about anyone from the personnel side of the Saints being interviewed or considered for a job. I find that weird. For a team that drafts well, can run the ball downhill and throw it all over the yard...why arent the Bears sniffing around them?

Note: Not that I think it matters, the Bears seem destined and determined to hire a scrub. So the question may be rhetorical for the Bears organization.

I havent heard one report about anyone from the personnel side of the Saints being interviewed or considered for a job. I find that weird. For a team that drafts well, can run the ball downhill and throw it all over the yard...why arent the Bears sniffing around them?

Note: Not that I think it matters, the Bears seem destined and determined to hire a scrub. So the question may be rhetorical for the Bears organization.

Other then the first three guys mentioned no other names have been leaked. Who knows who they are talking to. It sounds like they are not talking to anyway.

Do you think the Bears wonder why no one answers the phone when they call????????

Other then the first three guys mentioned no other names have been leaked. Who knows who they are talking to. It sounds like they are not talking to anyway.

Do you think the Bears wonder why no one answers the phone when they call????????

The question isnt even limited to the Bears. Not a single whisper across the league. Like I said, I wouldnt be surprised if the Bears hire a bum. I wouldnt be surprised if Ronnie Woo Woo was the new GM. Edit: Now that I think of it...the Woo Wood thing makes no sense. He's too high profile for the Bears.

According to Pompei in the Trib, the Bears has not interviewed a single candidate yet...

I think there is. I can't remember the guys name but I thought I read somewhere that the Bears wanted to talk to a Saints player personal director about the GM Job. I could be wrong though.

I think there is. I can't remember the guys name but I thought I read somewhere that the Bears wanted to talk to a Saints player personal director about the GM Job. I could be wrong though.

I've been following this thing tightly via radio, twitter, rss and news sites, and I have yet to hear anyone talking about Saints people at all. Not with the Bears, not with anyone at all. Not a single mention.

According to Pompei in the Trib, the Bears has not interviewed a single candidate yet...

Yeah, they are doing background checks on all the candidates before actually beginning the interview process. They always do everything backwards..

skjensen Sean Jensen

Take it for what it's worth, but I got an anonymous tip saying Saints college director Rick Reiprish is on #Bears & Colts radar for GM.

This was a few days ago. I guess that's where I heard it from, on the Bears board. Probably not newsworthy now since the Colts have since signed their GM and the Bears still have yet to interview anybody.

It's been Sean Payton's organization and system since he's gotten there....he hit absolute home runs immediately his first year as they completely turned over their roster. With that being said- there isn't anyone else in that organization worth looking at.

That doesnt seem all that accurate to me. They have a GM in Mickey Loomis and a host of personnel people.

Mickey Loomis Executive Vice President/General Manager

Khai Harley Director of Football Administration

James Nagaoka Director of Operations

Ryan Pace Director of Pro Scouting

Rick Reiprish Director of College Scouting

That doesnt seem all that accurate to me. They have a GM in Mickey Loomis and a host of personnel people.

Mickey Loomis Executive Vice President/General Manager

Khai Harley Director of Football Administration

James Nagaoka Director of Operations

Ryan Pace Director of Pro Scouting

Rick Reiprish Director of College Scouting

Yeah Payton is still the #1 guy and has been since he got there.

Yeah Payton is still the #1 guy and has been since he got there.

I can find it posed both ways when searching on the internet, and the lack of chatter on it supports the notion that there isnt anyone relevant available with the Saints...but my confusion on it still stands. Payton, even if he calls the shots with final authority cannot possibly be doing all the personnel work. I have to believe there is someone else there with some talent in evaluating players as well.

I can find it posed both ways when searching on the internet, and the lack of chatter on it supports the notion that there isnt anyone relevant available with the Saints...but my confusion on it still stands. Payton, even if he calls the shots with final authority cannot possibly be doing all the personnel work. I have to believe there is someone else there with some talent in evaluating players as well.

Oh I'm not stating he does EVERYTHING on his own- absolutely not.

I'm only stating that every final decision ends with him...if he doesn't OKAY it...it doesn't happen. I don't mean to say Payton is a dictator or anything like that, either. I don't doubt the people around him aren't great, either.

However- Payton was given all the control he wanted to actually go to New Orleans post Hurricane Katrina and it worked out very well for them.

Guest TerraTor

since when do the Saints draft well?

reggie bush/ellis/Pat Robinson

Half their team is UFA and 7thRd. And Brees was a steal in Free Agency...not to mention Sproles

nothin against em but Come'on

since when do the Saints draft well?

reggie bush/ellis/Pat Robinson

Half their team is UFA and 7thRd. And Brees was a steal in Free Agency...not to mention Sproles

nothin against em but Come'on

Peronnel is personnel. Bringing them in right in FA is a good thing. Drafting them is a good thing. They drafted 3 probowl O-Linemen. They have drafted their arsenal of WRs. They havent been as good on D...but there are no perfect teams out there. There is no denying the Saints are talented, in particular on O. There is no reason for people not to be sniffing around there for personnel people any less than say the Chiefs. And FWIW 7th round draft picks that are good are a good thing.

The Saints have done a very good job drafting wideouts and lineman but it is hard to say how good they have done drafting vs. how they have benefited from the Payton/Brees combo. There defense is pretty poor and they haven't excelled there.

As a whole, I just have a hard time giving there personell guy as much credit as some of the other candidates out there.