McNabb

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

McNabb thought Bears would sign him

Jan

1/20/2012 2:29:42 PM

| More

Donovan McNabb admitted Friday that he was expecting a call from the Chicago Bears after Jay Cutler went down with a fractured thumb on Nov. 20, but that call never came and the Bears lost five of their last six to miss the playoffs according to ESPNChicago.

The Bears did put in a claim on Kyle Orton after he was released by the Denver Broncos, but the Kansas City Chiefs claimed Orton before he was available to the Bears.

Meanwhile McNabb, a Chicago native who was released by the Minnesota Vikings on Dec. 1, watched Caleb Hanie lose four consecutive games for the Bears, who then turned to Josh McCown in losing their fifth straight. The Bears closed out the season with a win over the Vikes.

"I thought the Bears would call," McNabb said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "So many people continuously talked about the Mike Martz offense and things of that nature. I personally didn't care about that. If you want to win and win now, you go out and get a better quarterback and you cater your offense to his strengths, and obviously the strengths of your team.

"Obviously it didn't work out well for them. It's unfortunate. I wish things would have worked out, but it didn't. We will see what happens from now on."

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...im/Default.aspx

Sour grapes is all. At this point, who really cares?

McNabb thought Bears would sign him

Jan

1/20/2012 2:29:42 PM

| More

Donovan McNabb admitted Friday that he was expecting a call from the Chicago Bears after Jay Cutler went down with a fractured thumb on Nov. 20, but that call never came and the Bears lost five of their last six to miss the playoffs according to ESPNChicago.

The Bears did put in a claim on Kyle Orton after he was released by the Denver Broncos, but the Kansas City Chiefs claimed Orton before he was available to the Bears.

Meanwhile McNabb, a Chicago native who was released by the Minnesota Vikings on Dec. 1, watched Caleb Hanie lose four consecutive games for the Bears, who then turned to Josh McCown in losing their fifth straight. The Bears closed out the season with a win over the Vikes.

"I thought the Bears would call," McNabb said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "So many people continuously talked about the Mike Martz offense and things of that nature. I personally didn't care about that. If you want to win and win now, you go out and get a better quarterback and you cater your offense to his strengths, and obviously the strengths of your team.

"Obviously it didn't work out well for them. It's unfortunate. I wish things would have worked out, but it didn't. We will see what happens from now on."

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/...im/Default.aspx

Forget McNabb. I used to like the guy but ever since he left Wa I've thought hea become a douche. It seems every time he speaks he says something else that's newly dumb. The guy couldn't hold a job against a rookie in Minnesota and still thought he was all that. And he was usurped by Rex Grossman. I mean really, what kind of real value did he have?

Guest TerraTor
Forget McNabb. I used to like the guy but ever since he left Wa I've thought hea become a douche. It seems every time he speaks he says something else that's newly dumb. The guy couldn't hold a job against a rookie in Minnesota and still thought he was all that. And he was usurped by Rex Grossman. I mean really, what kind of real value did he have?

He was a super duesche in Philly too. ha