Mocks on NFL.com

Guest TerraTor

He's only an ILB and seeing how we are going to have Urlacher there for atleast 2-3 more seasons, drafting him in the 1st round would be a waste. I think he goes to Detroit to make them the dirtiest team of all time.

Oh I hope you're wrong....if you put Burfict next to Urlacher he could play anywhere. He'd fill Lovie's position like Derrick Brooks always did and Lance Briggs always has.

I'm not saying he's my first choice, but if they sign a V-Jax type and end up dealing Briggs (like some of us hope)....I'd love this pick.

http://www.thesundevils.com/sports/m-footb..._vontaze00.html

I just wanted to get this message somewhere on this board that Vontaze Burfict is a guy I pray the Bears look at should they deal Briggs and sign a #1 WR in FA.

I saw him in person in Madison last year (Fall of 2010) when he was a Soph. He's the best defensive player I've ever seen on the collegiate level....he would fit Chicago's LB tradition like a glove.

I've been watching Burfict since he started as a true freshman. He was a very physically player and I thought he'd really improve over the next couple years. He knows how to hit but he is not a very instinctive player. He has good speed but I don't think he has the kind of speed Lovie wants, and needs, in his D. I could be wrong so I'm very curious to see what his combine numbers are. I have doubts about his pass coverage skills too. The biggest risk with him though is his lack of discipline. He gets a lot of penalties and often hurts his team by keeping opponent's drive's alive. He'd make our LB corps better but I don't want him with our first pick. If he's there in Rd 2 then maybe depending on how he performs at the combine. In general I see him as more of an ILB on a 3-4 defense.

I've been watching Burfict since he started as a true freshman. He was a very physically player and I thought he'd really improve over the next couple years. He knows how to hit but he is not a very instinctive player. He has good speed but I don't think he has the kind of speed Lovie wants, and needs, in his D. I could be wrong so I'm very curious to see what his combine numbers are. I have doubts about his pass coverage skills too. The biggest risk with him though is his lack of discipline. He gets a lot of penalties and often hurts his team by keeping opponent's drive's alive. He'd make our LB corps better but I don't want him with our first pick. If he's there in Rd 2 then maybe depending on how he performs at the combine. In general I see him as more of an ILB on a 3-4 defense.

Thanks for the insight on him- I have seen him on tv 4 times since seeing him in person at Camp Randall. I still want him if other needs have been filled and there is a need to replace Briggs.