Tice staying

Stinger226

I never thought he was going to get the job anyway. All it did was slow down the search for offensive line coach and passing coordinator.

Peace :dabears

I haven't heard anything about the passing coordinator job since the guy from Tennessee couldn't come. I wonder if Hue Jackson would be considered. He didn't have a graceful exit in Oakland, but he is a pretty respected QB coach and a good offensive mind. I'm less worried about the line coach, since I think Tice will probably keep a pretty heavy hand there.

I never felt Tice was interested in the Oakland job. Both he and the Bears were very low key after it was announced he was on their list of candidates. I also felt the process of sorting through 10 candidates is too time consuming and doesn't bode well for any involved. The Raiders went after McKenzie pretty aggresively you would think he'd have had a good idea who he wanted to be his head coach.

Anyway, it's best for us and now we can move forward and fill our openings.

I haven't heard anything about the passing coordinator job since the guy from Tennessee couldn't come. I wonder if Hue Jackson would be considered. He didn't have a graceful exit in Oakland, but he is a pretty respected QB coach and a good offensive mind. I'm less worried about the line coach, since I think Tice will probably keep a pretty heavy hand there.

I wouldn't be surprised if those positions are on hold a little until a GM is picked.

And I wouldn't be in a huge hurry on those anyway. The Bears won't exactly be signing a front line QB in free agency, so they have time on that position.

FWIW, I believe Jeremy Bates will get that QB coach job. Cutler likes him a lot and this offseason will be all about Cutler.

As for the OL coach- someone already touched on it in here. That is a less important job to fill because Tice will be in charge of coaching up the OL.

There have been a few reports that have down played Cutler and Bates relationship almost going as far as to say that it is basically over-blown how well they get along. If I had to choose off the current rack if the guy from the Colts, I believe his name is Christiansen isn't willing to come here then why not former Raiders HC Hugh Jackson?