Tice will tailor offense to strengths....

azbearsfan

It's funny you mention that. I was reading an ESPN article from 2010 that talked about the Bears having 15 players on playoff teams that year. To the present, we add D Manning and M Anderson to the list. Both performed well with Manning starting for a top defense and Anderson reaching double digit sacks again. It also points to former staff stating a lack of player development.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/colu...&id=4814118

Also

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...,7233049.column

As much as I'm glad Angie is gone, the true culprit still lurks...

Did you really read the names in the Missy Issacson article?

McGowan was a UFA

Mark Levoir Who?

Benson was not living up to his lofty draft status and his teammates didn't like him

Tank Johnson shooting illegal weapons in your backyard as well as getting pulled over for a DUI in another state justified him being let go after al his off the field crap.

JT O Sullivan was not drafted by JA and was only here as a 3rd qb

Mike Gandy not a JA pick

B Rob come on"I tripped over my dog and fell down a flight of stairs and broke both my wrist" Plus that was an FA signing before JA

Ian Scott was mediocre here at best he was Anthony Adams and Matt Toeina.

Bernard Berrien got an insane contract offer from the Vikings and didn't finish this year out

Marc Columbo how do you develop a guy constantly in the trainer's room?

Alfonso Boone again a FA signing that should have been developed before he got here

Brendan Ayanbadejo a journeyman special teamer not being developed who wanted to be the "Highest Paid Special Teamer in the League" and again an FA signing not a draft pick.

Out of 12 players listed 5 were draft picks of JA,5 were Fa signings whether undrafted or veteran and 2 were here before JA and the current "culprit" were here.

Did you really read the names in the Missy Issacson article?

McGowan was a UFA

Mark Levoir Who?

Benson was not living up to his lofty draft status and his teammates didn't like him

Tank Johnson shooting illegal weapons in your backyard as well as getting pulled over for a DUI in another state justified him being let go after al his off the field crap.

JT O Sullivan was not drafted by JA and was only here as a 3rd qb

Mike Gandy not a JA pick

B Rob come on"I tripped over my dog and fell down a flight of stairs and broke both my wrist" Plus that was an FA signing before JA

Ian Scott was mediocre here at best he was Anthony Adams and Matt Toeina.

Bernard Berrien got an insane contract offer from the Vikings and didn't finish this year out

Marc Columbo how do you develop a guy constantly in the trainer's room?

Alfonso Boone again a FA signing that should have been developed before he got here

Brendan Ayanbadejo a journeyman special teamer not being developed who wanted to be the "Highest Paid Special Teamer in the League" and again an FA signing not a draft pick.

Out of 12 players listed 5 were draft picks of JA,5 were Fa signings whether undrafted or veteran and 2 were here before JA and the current "culprit" were here.

Your points are valid. Agreed the talent is sketchy, but the point is they were still utilized after they left here and we cold have used some of them. Does it really matter if they were drafted or FA's? I still have a hard time believing Angelo drafted all the defensive talent he did without the ringing endorsement of Lovie. The fact that so many defenders were brought in/drafted and failed or were not developed is on who?

I hope Lovie is evolving as a coach. It seemed like more young players had opportunities last year. Some by choice, others by need. I just don't think he deserved a pass.

The fact that so many defenders were brought in/drafted and failed or were not developed is on who?

THis is one thing that I think is mostly on Angelo...because a whole lot of the defensive talent that was brought in were guys that Angelo tried to "Steal" by drafting a round or two early. Bazuin, Okwo, Harrison come to mind at the front of that list.

Your points are valid. Agreed the talent is sketchy, but the point is they were still utilized after they left here and we cold have used some of them. Does it really matter if they were drafted or FA's? I still have a hard time believing Angelo drafted all the defensive talent he did without the ringing endorsement of Lovie. The fact that so many defenders were brought in/drafted and failed or were not developed is on who?

I hope Lovie is evolving as a coach. It seemed like more young players had opportunities last year. Some by choice, others by need. I just don't think he deserved a pass.

Mongo he is definetly not off the hook but you have to believe since JA came from the same organization he should not have to consult the coach about what type of defender was need for this style of defense which he preferred over Jauron's 4-3 version which had bigger DL and did the read and react style vs the penetrate and rush up field style. I remember going from a D-line of Daniels,Traylor,Washington and Robinson to the first playoff DL of JA's tenure Brown,Harris,Johnson and Ogunleye.That is 3 draft picks and a FA all from JA and not one is still with the team. 2 money related,1 injury related and 1 character related.

If I wanted to place blame on Lovie for any positiond on D it has to be LB and safety. At LB he has had 2 of the league's best LBs since his first year but that sam position has never really had a comparable guy to Briggs and Urlacher. At safety he actually worked out Manning and spent time with him before the draft and took him under his wing while he was here and the shear number of guys that have come through here since Mike Brown and Mike Green is staggering. BTW did JA trade Tony Parrish or let him go via FA or was that prior to his tenure?

THis is one thing that I think is mostly on Angelo...because a whole lot of the defensive talent that was brought in were guys that Angelo tried to "Steal" by drafting a round or two early. Bazuin, Okwo, Harrison come to mind at the front of that list.

Yeah I questioned those picks too, but he does have a better track record on the defensive side of the ball: Tillman (2), Briggs (3), Conte (3), A. Brown (4), Steltz (4), DJ Moore (4), M. Anderson (5), Z. Bowman (5), C. Harris (6).

Yeah I questioned those picks too, but he does have a better track record on the defensive side of the ball: Tillman (2), Briggs (3), Conte (3), A. Brown (4), Steltz (4), DJ Moore (4), M. Anderson (5), Z. Bowman (5), C. Harris (6).

A but how much are the Bears getting out of those guys though? Tillman, Briggs and Brown, ok. Conte, Steltz, Moore, Anderson, Bowman, and Harris, I can raise an issue on each of them. A few might continue to step up next year, but there's only a couple of all-pros there. And one of them is on the Pats.