Second interview with Emery today, correct?

Chitownhustla

It sounds like there is a chance we find out over the weekend. The only thing that might take more time is whether it is Licht, if the Bears will hold off officially announcing it until after the superbowl (since the Pats are still in it).

Emery is a guy I can really get behind and I feel comfortable with him. I guess I can get behind Licht as well and his overall track record is impressive (he's worked in some of the best scouting/front offices in the league).

Neither is a guy that's going to blow you away. At this point, I don't really even care because I don't know either guy. Just draft well. Emery is most likely going to get the job because he's familiar with the Bears already. I'm not even sure why Licht is being interviewed again.

Emery's resume from a talent finding perspective is pretty impressive.

Neither is a guy that's going to blow you away. At this point, I don't really even care because I don't know either guy. Just draft well. Emery is most likely going to get the job because he's familiar with the Bears already. I'm not even sure why Licht is being interviewed again.

stupid statement. you dont know either of them and you dont know why Licht is getting a second interview. How can you come up with that?

either guy would be great.

Emery’s first job in the NFL was with the Bears as an area scout from 1998 to 2004. His responsibility was the Southeast, where he scouted quarterback Rex Grossman, who led the Bears to the Super Bowl in the 2006 season.

So scouting and recommending Rex Grossman is seen as a good thing?

stupid statement. you dont know either of them and you dont know why Licht is getting a second interview. How can you come up with that?

either guy would be great.

Not really. Emery's qualifications certainly appeal more to me than Jason Licht who, hasn't even been in a draft room. I know one report has contradicted that since but there's been the overriding sense that I get from the people I've heard talk and reports I've seen is that he hasn't been all that "hands on" with the draft that other candidates have been (Raye, and Ross). If the Bears continue doing what they've always done, Emery will be the hire because he's friends with Ted and has worked here before.

No scout has been right all the time? Get over it people. Its about a track record. Every GM has had busts and you guys all harp on the various busts and fail to talk about the hits.

That was from the article, I think JA did a great job on defensive talent.