Mock drafts

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Vengeance? We needed some depth on the Oline and Kreutz refused $4mil. The he went off and quit in the middle of the season on the Saints. If that was a vengeance signing I only wish JA had wanted more vengeance.

AZ54 when the GM of a team offers a player with declining skills more than market value and then tells him that after a prolonged negotiation that he has one hour to agree to the deal or they are pulling it off the table and then shortly after that sign a player that plays the same position to a multi year contract. What would you call it ? Regardless of what everyone is saying,I believe JA signed Spencer to tell Kruetz "Here's to You" and for him to take the starting center position. With the lockout and Garza familiarity with the blocking assignments, Spencer would have had to be the football ecquivalent to Einstein to get up to speed the way they made all the FAs sit out a week of TC. Just hearing some of the stuff that was rumored about Bates and JA leads me to believe he would get even with someone if they didn't agree with his thinking. He and Lovie are the same in that manner.

AZ54 when the GM of a team offers a player with declining skills more than market value and then tells him that after a prolonged negotiation that he has one hour to agree to the deal or they are pulling it off the table and then shortly after that sign a player that plays the same position to a multi year contract. What would you call it ? Regardless of what everyone is saying,I believe JA signed Spencer to tell Kruetz "Here's to You" and for him to take the starting center position. With the lockout and Garza familiarity with the blocking assignments, Spencer would have had to be the football ecquivalent to Einstein to get up to speed the way they made all the FAs sit out a week of TC. Just hearing some of the stuff that was rumored about Bates and JA leads me to believe he would get even with someone if they didn't agree with his thinking. He and Lovie are the same in that manner.

I call it a guy doing his job and getting us some much needed Oline depth. Yes, we put Garza at C but it wasn't clear going into training camp how well he would handle that, nor was it clear how well Lance Louis would play. We needed another interior lineman and he went and got one. There were short deadlines and Kreutz knew that. He also had more than one hour, he had several days to make his decision. At the end, JA said look it's our final offer make a choice within the hour so we can move on. JA had to sign someone and the pickings were getting slim while we waited on Kreutz.

Walt from WF now has them taking Kendall Wright, BTW.

Out of the 12 or so mocks I have looked at 2 of them have the Bears taking Wright, 1 De Castro(Charles Davis NFL Network) and the rest have them on Floyd. I know that doesn't mean anything until the stop watches and the Steelers coach is telling guys to relax and blowing his whistle but the little we know about Emery is that Roddy White,DeWayne Bowe and Marty Booker were selected by teams he scouted for under his recommendation.

Mock drafts are funny as very few actually get any picks right after the top 10. One odd pick and it affects almost every pick afterwards.

Spot on and you could count on Al Davis to provide the fireworks in almost every draft especially if he was drafting in the top 10. The Raiders don't have a pick in the first this year so we may have to hope for someone trying to trade up to create the draft confusion.Every year there is a high rated player sitting in the green room waiting to get picked and it is usualy based on what position has a run going. This year I think DE or CB could be the positions to cause a run because most scouts believe that those positions are not as deep as well as safety.

Out of the 12 or so mocks I have looked at 2 of them have the Bears taking Wright, 1 De Castro(Charles Davis NFL Network) and the rest have them on Floyd. I know that doesn't mean anything until the stop watches and the Steelers coach is telling guys to relax and blowing his whistle but the little we know about Emery is that Roddy White,DeWayne Bowe and Marty Booker were selected by teams he scouted for under his recommendation.

What about the ones I listed where some have the Bears selecting Konz, Sanu, and Jeffery?

Also, I saw one on NFL.com that has the Bears taking Floyd, as well.