How far are the Bears away from being a legit SB contender?

McGowan

Jason, I've always agreed with most of your thinking. I would like to see a draft a little more like this and FA with WR DBowe/VJackson, C Avril DE.

RD1 Mike Adams OLT

RD2 Dwight Jones WR

RD3 Travis Lewis OLB

RD3 Orson Charles TE

RD4 Jordan White WR

RD5 Cliff Harris CB

RD6 Vick Ballard RB

RD7 Jacquies Smith DE

Jason, I've always agreed with most of your thinking. I would like to see a draft a little more like this and FA with WR DBowe/VJackson, C Avril DE.

RD1 Mike Adams OLT

RD2 Dwight Jones WR

RD3 Travis Lewis OLB

RD3 Orson Charles TE

RD4 Jordan White WR

RD5 Cliff Harris CB

RD6 Vick Ballard RB

RD7 Jacquies Smith DE

Not a bad mock, but if they sign Bowe or Jackson, there's no need to use a 2nd and 4th on WR's. I'd go more 3rd and 4th or 4th and 5th, unless someone falls.

There's a reason Toon was projected as a 1st round pick last April, and now mocks have him going anywhere from round 3 to 5.

Pro scout? No. But I guarantee I watch more college football than the majority of this board.

I know you watch more than I do, I catch a couple of games a week and it is always the big ten. I have watched Toon play in 6 games, I am not saying it makes me an expert, but I have formed an opinion, I am wrong a lot, but I also hit once in awhile, only time will tell. Actually I think you are one of the more insightful people on here, but you are not right all the time. Can I get your blue chip list for later comparision.

RD1 Mike Adams OLT

RD2 Dwight Jones WR

RD3 Travis Lewis OLB

RD3 Orson Charles TE

RD4 Jordan White WR

RD5 Cliff Harris CB

RD6 Vick Ballard RB

RD7 Jacquies Smith DE

I like your first 3 picks, but think we need a cb higher on the list than a 5th rounder.

Not a bad mock, but if they sign Bowe or Jackson, there's no need to use a 2nd and 4th on WR's. I'd go more 3rd and 4th or 4th and 5th, unless someone falls.

This was more of a mock to go with Jason's theme of boosting the offense. Cliff Harris at CB was a pretty good cover/man corner but has had behavior issues. Kind of the same with Travis Lewis who's attitude got a little ahead of him, but both are top prospects.

WR Depth chart:

D Bowe/V Jackson

Earl Bennett

Devin Hester

Dwight Jones

Jordan White/Dane Sanzenbacher

RD1 Mike Adams OLT

RD2 Dwight Jones WR

RD3 Travis Lewis OLB

RD3 Orson Charles TE

RD4 Jordan White WR

RD5 Cliff Harris CB

RD6 Vick Ballard RB

RD7 Jacquies Smith DE

Appreciate it. It's no surprise that I pretty much like this mock except for the Orson Charles pick. I dislike it for multiple reasons, the first of which is the fact that I don't think the Beasr need a TE until we know what Davis can do. Davis is a much more known commodity than a college kid, and Davis has all the measurables. With limited chances this year, Davis did very well and could be a sleeper. I'd rather see that TE pick spent on a Center (Ben Jones, UGA or Michael Brewster, OSU will fall) or a higher rated DE with potential (e.g. Julian Miller, WV) greater than a 7th rounder.

Appreciate it. It's no surprise that I pretty much like this mock except for the Orson Charles pick. I dislike it for multiple reasons, the first of which is the fact that I don't think the Beasr need a TE until we know what Davis can do. Davis is a much more known commodity than a college kid, and Davis has all the measurables. With limited chances this year, Davis did very well and could be a sleeper. I'd rather see that TE pick spent on a Center (Ben Jones, UGA or Michael Brewster, OSU will fall) or a higher rated DE with potential (e.g. Julian Miller, WV) greater than a 7th rounder.

The problem right now of course is that the Bears actually do need a TE with the roster they currently have under contract, since Davis is not under contract for next year.

The problem right now of course is that the Bears actually do need a TE with the roster they currently have under contract, since Davis is not under contract for next year.

True, he's not under contract. But I don't think that is a problem. The dude has bad enough stats that virtually nobody is going to be interested in him. It would be shocking if he didn't resign with the Bears where he at least has a shot at a starting TE gig. Based upon his current resume, most teams aren't going to give him that promise.

I've also pointed this out before. It'll all depend on what Davis will command for a new contract. They may be better off with a draft pick that'll cost less most likely and possibly get the same production.

I've also pointed this out before. It'll all depend on what Davis will command for a new contract. They may be better off with a draft pick that'll cost less most likely and possibly get the same production.

Unfortunately, that's the pre-free agency position the Bears are in, they have some obvious needs, but it's really hard to project the draft until we know how the FA period goes.

All I will say is that the Bears pass-catchers need help. Desperately. The Bears could spend their first 3 draft picks on WR's and still go into the season not confident that they have enough warm bodies to catch passes from Cutler. The corps is that depleted if they can't count on Knox, esp. since Hester is really only a rarity at receiver.

WR:

Bennett

Hester

Sanzenbacher

TE:

Spaeth.

Say what you want about the O-line weakness...at least there are bodies to fill those position.

Unfortunately, that's the pre-free agency position the Bears are in, they have some obvious needs, but it's really hard to project the draft until we know how the FA period goes.

All I will say is that the Bears pass-catchers need help. Desperately. The Bears could spend their first 3 draft picks on WR's and still go into the season not confident that they have enough warm bodies to catch passes from Cutler. The corps is that depleted if they can't count on Knox, esp. since Hester is really only a rarity at receiver.

WR:

Bennett

Hester

Sanzenbacher

TE:

Spaeth.

Say what you want about the O-line weakness...at least there are bodies to fill those position.

The oline is a disaster but like you said bodies are signed and will need to be cut if we bring more in. With WR/RB/TE we don't have bodies signed, can you imagine if Bennett didn't sign his extension we'd be in worse shape. The Bears have really dropped the ball on the offensive side, it's unbelievable how bad it looks contract/player wise. I hope PE is offensive strong minded and can get this sorted out with a couple of years.

RD1 Mike Adams OLT

RD2 Dwight Jones WR

RD3 Travis Lewis OLB

RD3 Orson Charles TE

RD4 Jordan White WR

RD5 Cliff Harris CB

RD6 Vick Ballard RB

RD7 Jacquies Smith DE

I like your 4th rounder and have watched him play for the past 2 years in the MAC. Jordan White I believe is going to be a solid pro and has some real good hands.He also has broken some of Greg Jennings records at Western Michigan. 6-0 215 and 4.54 current listed speed he is quite as big as desired but in that round your trying to catch one. If I had to go against anything you have here its not addressing DL before the 7th RD. I also like Brian Quick of Appalachian State. He is right there with Jones. If Ingram or Upshaw fall to the Bears at 19 I would hate to have to make that choice.