The latest on Johnny Knox....

madlithuanian

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...om-back-injury/

Johnny Knox faces long road to recovery from back injury

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 8, 2012, 4:12 PM EST

AP

Bears receiver Johnny Knox cracked a facet joint in his spinal column when he was bent backward awkwardly during a December game against the Seahawks, and when initial reports said he would need 3-4 months to recover, that sounded like good news compared to how ugly the injury looked.

But now comes word that the 3-4 months estimate may have been overly optimistic.

When a fan asked Knox on Twitter last week whether he thinks he can play next season, Knox didn’t answer the question directly, saying only that he wants to get to 100 percent before he thinks about that. And Michael C. Wright of ESPN.com, citing multiple unnamed sources, reports that there’s doubt about Knox’s potential availability for 2012.

According to Wright, Knox had a vertebral fusion and will have to wear a back brace for another month, and his timeline for recovery could be more than six months.

For Knox, who hinted in a reply to another fan on Twitter that the injury nearly paralyzed him, getting his health back is the most important issue. For the Bears, it may be a long time before they know whether the man who emerged as their best wide receiver last year will be back in the fold at all in 2012.

He also stated that the only time the brace comes off is when he showers. that in itself tells me there is a long rehab to follow and there is also speculation that he wouldn't be ready for TC which leads me to believe that entering his last year under contract he could be a candidate for an injury settlement if the Bears doctors don't think he will recover. If he is not ready by TC I could see them putting him on the PUP list at the start of the season and then when they have to make the decision to activate him and he is still not ready then he is cut(injury settlement).

Guest TerraTor
He also stated that the only time the brace comes off is when he showers. that in itself tells me there is a long rehab to follow and there is also speculation that he wouldn't be ready for TC which leads me to believe that entering his last year under contract he could be a candidate for an injury settlement if the Bears doctors don't think he will recover. If he is not ready by TC I could see them putting him on the PUP list at the start of the season and then when they have to make the decision to activate him and he is still not ready then he is cut(injury settlement).

Honestly seems like he should do some injury type settlement and retire to other things.

Honestly seems like he should do some injury type settlement and retire to other things.

TT you're right and like I have posted I watched him at the Combine on TV workout and was happy to see the Bears draft him. Seeing the way his head snapped back still makes me cringe and what Coach Ditka is doing with the Grid Iron greats showing how some of the players from my younger days are struggling supports your thoughts. His position will expose him to more violent hits and its not like Knox is the biggest guy in the world.