Bears to be 2012 surprise?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

2 of 5 NFL.com writers believe they'll be 2012's Giants.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826c..._content_stream

These are written for bragging rights,when its done this early so they can pull their picks out of the archives. With a full TC for eveyone of the non-playoff teams I like the Bears and the Oakland Raiders to surprise. With Al Davis no longer in control of things I can see some key pieces being add to a roster that wasn't that bad.

These are written for bragging rights,when its done this early so they can pull their picks out of the archives. With a full TC for eveyone of the non-playoff teams I like the Bears and the Oakland Raiders to surprise. With Al Davis no longer in control of things I can see some key pieces being add to a roster that wasn't that bad.

Every time we have high expectations with this team, they seem to fall, when we dont think much about them , they suprize us. Every year is different, and I hope they do well, but a lot of things have to fall in place for that to happen.

How can "the team that lost the NFC championship in 2011 and was on a winning streak in 2012 until losing their starting QB" having a good year be a surprise?

Because they went 8-8 last year, and they're one of 20 teams who didn't make the playoffs. They had to pick between any of those 20 teams.

How can "the team that lost the NFC championship in 2011 and was on a winning streak in 2012 until losing their starting QB" having a good year be a surprise?

When they were in the 2011 championship, If I remember correctly we all thought they would finish below 500% and we wanted everybody fired. I think that was a suprise year. Going into 2012 I thought they had a chance to be good and look where they ended up. We cant take a 7-3 and say look how great they were, they didnt finish. I would say disappointment. point made.

Every time we have high expectations with this team, they seem to fall, when we dont think much about them , they suprize us. Every year is different, and I hope they do well, but a lot of things have to fall in place for that to happen.

Agreed but in order to get the ownership to make the necessary changes we would like. we all need to raise our expectations for the team. Every year its SB or bust and then maybe we can get a consistent contender.That is why this offseason is very important to this franchise.I believe its a lot of pressure on Lovie and Emery to right this ship. If we have a solid offseason,meaning draft and FA.The roster needs a serious upgrade and all eyes are on the one who gets the groceries and the one who cooks them.