Marvin Mc Nutt A Favorite On This Board

lemonej

According to a few draft sites he is rated no higher than the 20th best prospect at his position.The scary part is one person compared him to Roy Williams. I don't agree with that.He is a decent route runner that I believe is similar to Earl Bennett. Thats not bad but thats not what this team needs.A solid go to guy with size and speed to become a constant threat on every down is what this team needs with possible game breaking abilty. I always use an old school approach to big ten schools and their skill position players.When they have transition to the pros what has this school produced at the pro level. Iowa has lagged in those positions but in the trenches on both sides of the ball and at LB, Kirk Ferentz has produced some solid pro prospects. Shonne Greene is the best skill position player that has been produced under Ferentz.WTBS if he is there in round 4 or 5 where he is projected and most of our pressing needs are addressed then I say pick him and show Sazenbacher the door.

Guest TerraTor

#20 WR.....no way.. Hell be gone by late 2nd early 3rd...

Draft sites will come up with rankings based on school and speed...half those guys will be garbage. McNutt is easy Top10 WR

According to a few draft sites he is rated no higher than the 20th best prospect at his position.The scary part is one person compared him to Roy Williams. I don't agree with that.He is a decent route runner that I believe is similar to Earl Bennett. Thats not bad but thats not what this team needs.A solid go to guy with size and speed to become a constant threat on every down is what this team needs with possible game breaking abilty. I always use an old school approach to big ten schools and their skill position players.When they have transition to the pros what has this school produced at the pro level. Iowa has lagged in those positions but in the trenches on both sides of the ball and at LB, Kirk Ferentz has produced some solid pro prospects. Shonne Greene is the best skill position player that has been produced under Ferentz.WTBS if he is there in round 4 or 5 where he is projected and most of our pressing needs are addressed then I say pick him and show Sazenbacher the door.

I totally agree with you on that. If we get a #1 in FAgency then picking him up would be ok, but some people think he is better than he is. May be with our 4 th round pick, he would be a good valve, but we have to many average WRs we need better prospects than McNutt.

#20 WR.....no way.. Hell be gone by late 2nd early 3rd...

Draft sites will come up with rankings based on school and speed...half those guys will be garbage. McNutt is easy Top10 WR

So what do you base that on? Your an Iowa fan? I dont think that makes him better than he is. He will make a team but we need to shoot higher than McNutt if we expect to be better this year. My call would be Bowe, Jackson, or Colston in FAgency and then add Toon in the 2nd round(he will be a much better pro than McNutt) and even add a 2nd level player in FAgency like Laurent Robinson, or Eddie Royal. I think we need to add 3 WRs and another TE.

So what do you base that on? Your an Iowa fan? I dont think that makes him better than he is. He will make a team but we need to shoot higher than McNutt if we expect to be better this year. My call would be Bowe, Jackson, or Colston in FAgency and then add Toon in the 2nd round(he will be a much better pro than McNutt) and even add a 2nd level player in FAgency like Laurent Robinson, or Eddie Royal. I think we need to add 3 WRs and another TE.

How are you going to challenge someone else's opinion about McNutt, like the dude is some scrub that will barely make the NFL, and then come out after that and say with authority that Toon will be much better than McNutt?! What do you base your opinion on?

Just to play devil's advocate, Walter Football has McNutt rated higher than Toon.

I'd say this highlight reel says a lot about McNutt's ability and future in the pros, and most highlight stuff I've seen from Toon makes him look like a possession receiver who doesn't have good enough speed to break away.

How are you going to challenge someone else's opinion about McNutt, like the dude is some scrub that will barely make the NFL, and then come out after that and say with authority that Toon will be much better than McNutt?! What do you base your opinion on?

Just to play devil's advocate, Walter Football has McNutt rated higher than Toon.

I'd say this highlight reel says a lot about McNutt's ability and future in the pros, and most highlight stuff I've seen from Toon makes him look like a possession receiver who doesn't have good enough speed to break away.

All we have is our opinions , I gave mine a as you did , only there career will state who is right not Walters football.

I don't think McNutt will be a stud in the league. I do think he'll be a solid player and you put him along with Bennett and find a #1 and I like the potential of those as your top 3 wideouts. Add in a Hester as a #4 and you are in decent business in time. However, I probably wouldn't pick McNutt until the 3rd round. I'm an Iowa fan and I like him a lot. He's gotten better each and every year. He has good hands and is a good route-runner with good speed and strength.

All we have is our opinions , I gave mine a as you did , only there career will state who is right not Walters football.

Yeah, the only difference is that now you're acknowledging it is all opinion. Before you were acting like you had the crystal ball in lap and already knew "Toon in the 2nd round(he will be a much better pro than McNutt)". As for Walter Football, I only brought it up because you said, "we have to many average WRs we need better prospects than McNutt," but later said you wanted Toon...which is fairly hypocritical since most sites (like Walter) rate McNutt higher than Toon. Even if you're right, and Toon's a better prospect than most are predicting, that still puts him in about the same boat as McNutt, which goes right back to your comment about having enough "average WRs."

That obviously leads to a deduction that you think McNutt is average, and Toon is above average. It'd definitely opinion, but looking at their career stats, their measurables, and their highlight reels, it's hard to see how you could come up with that opinion unless you happen to be a Wisconsin fan, like the color red, or you just like the comic connection to the name Toon (although I'd argue McNutt is a funnier name).

I would definately take McNutt over Toon. I have watched both players thru their college careers and Toon is too inconsistant and drops too many balls. I think he would be a better comparison to Roy Williams then McNutt. McNutt has awsome hands.

Roy Williams will probably have a significantly better career than either of these guys.

Yeah, the only difference is that now you're acknowledging it is all opinion. Before you were acting like you had the crystal ball in lap and already knew "Toon in the 2nd round(he will be a much better pro than McNutt)". As for Walter Football, I only brought it up because you said, "we have to many average WRs we need better prospects than McNutt," but later said you wanted Toon...which is fairly hypocritical since most sites (like Walter) rate McNutt higher than Toon. Even if you're right, and Toon's a better prospect than most are predicting, that still puts him in about the same boat as McNutt, which goes right back to your comment about having enough "average WRs."

That obviously leads to a deduction that you think McNutt is average, and Toon is above average. It'd definitely opinion, but looking at their career stats, their measurables, and their highlight reels, it's hard to see how you could come up with that opinion unless you happen to be a Wisconsin fan, like the color red, or you just like the comic connection to the name Toon (although I'd argue McNutt is a funnier name).

They might both become good pros, but what I said was simple (I think he will be a better pro) 10 different people will have 10 different opinions. You get on here and make all kinds of predictions, sometimes your right and sometimes your WRONG, explain to me how your opinion is more valuable than mine? It is very simple, in a few years the truth will come out and we can brag how we were right, or keep quiet when we were wrong, but for you to say I am insinuating that he is average because I like somebody better, your an idiot, probably a young guy, should I guess your 19? you sure act like it sometimes.

Roy Williams will probably have a significantly better career than either of these guys.

In the words of the Big Lebowski..."Well, You Know, That's Just, Like, Your Opinion, Man" since we just don't know. But I will say this if either one of them is drafted by the Bears I would hope he was better than Roy Williams as Roy was a huge bust for 1st round draft choice.

They might both become good pros, but what I said was simple (I think he will be a better pro) 10 different people will have 10 different opinions. You get on here and make all kinds of predictions, sometimes your right and sometimes your WRONG, explain to me how your opinion is more valuable than mine? It is very simple, in a few years the truth will come out and we can brag how we were right, or keep quiet when we were wrong, but for you to say I am insinuating that he is average because I like somebody better, your an idiot, probably a young guy, should I guess your 19? you sure act like it sometimes.

It's not my fault you contradict yourself in the span of a few posts. Let me show you how you did it...

We all have opinions. Agreed. I'd probably say I'm 50/50 on predictions, mostly because we can never see what my predictions are because the players don't end up on the Bears. But what you still fail to grasp is that I'm not stating my opinion in this thread, just attacking yours. I don't know who will be better, but I didn't put "he will be a much better pro than McNutt." Then you said "we have to many average WRs we need better prospects than McNutt," which implies McNutt is average (something most scouts/mocks/highlights disagree with). Opinion to be sure, but you stated your opinion as fact. Finally, you declared your man-crush for Toon, which means A] You think he's better than McNutt, and B] You don't think Toon is average. (Note: I'm giving you credit for being able to come to conclusion B after statement A).

The only reason I came at you like I did was the fact that you attacked another person and their opinion with the following ignorant lines: So what do you base that on? Your an Iowa fan? I dont think that makes him better than he is. He will make a team but we need to shoot higher than McNutt if we expect to be better this year."

So now you're taking the "one opinion is just as good as another opinion"-stance, even though you started out the thread with a personal attack of someone's opinion because they might happen to be a fan of a team? Um, ok.

For the record, you couldn't be more wrong about me personally and ad hominems immediately weaken your position, which is amusing. You know what they say about people who assume.

In the words of the Big Lebowski..."Well, You Know, That's Just, Like, Your Opinion, Man" since we just don't know. But I will say this if either one of them is drafted by the Bears I would hope he was better than Roy Williams as Roy was a huge bust for 1st round draft choice.

Absolutely. He was a bust as a top pick. However, if you look at his overall career numbers and say he was a 3rd round pick, well, you'd be pretty pleased with it.

Absolutely. He was a bust as a top pick. However, if you look at his overall career numbers and say he was a 3rd round pick, well, you'd be pretty pleased with it.

Sorry Roy Williams and pleased don't belong in the same sentence. Unless it's people are pleased he won't be brought back. He has no heart, and for the physical tools he has, he should have been a much better player.

I will be willing to bet and will eat crow if he doesn't, that McNutt has a better career then Roy Williams.

Sorry Roy Williams and pleased don't belong in the same sentence. Unless it's people are pleased he won't be brought back. He has no heart, and for the physical tools he has, he should have been a much better player.

I will be willing to bet and will eat crow if he doesn't, that McNutt has a better career then Roy Williams.

I hope so. As a Hawkeye fan I like McNutt a lot. I also completely agree with you that Williams has zero heart and it is pretty clear. If I were to play devil's advocate, I would still say that sadly if the Bears don't add at least 2 other quality receivers, it might make sense to bring Williams back. And it really kills me to say that but this receiving corps is terrible (especially with Knox, who I don't even like, having to face issues that are far bigger than football).

It's not my fault you contradict yourself in the span of a few posts. Let me show you how you did it...

We all have opinions. Agreed. I'd probably say I'm 50/50 on predictions, mostly because we can never see what my predictions are because the players don't end up on the Bears. But what you still fail to grasp is that I'm not stating my opinion in this thread, just attacking yours. I don't know who will be better, but I didn't put "he will be a much better pro than McNutt." Then you said "we have to many average WRs we need better prospects than McNutt," which implies McNutt is average (something most scouts/mocks/highlights disagree with). Opinion to be sure, but you stated your opinion as fact. Finally, you declared your man-crush for Toon, which means A] You think he's better than McNutt, and B] You don't think Toon is average. (Note: I'm giving you credit for being able to come to conclusion B after statement A).

The only reason I came at you like I did was the fact that you attacked another person and their opinion with the following ignorant lines: So what do you base that on? Your an Iowa fan? I dont think that makes him better than he is. He will make a team but we need to shoot higher than McNutt if we expect to be better this year."

So now you're taking the "one opinion is just as good as another opinion"-stance, even though you started out the thread with a personal attack of someone's opinion because they might happen to be a fan of a team? Um, ok.

For the record, you couldn't be more wrong about me personally and ad hominems immediately weaken your position, which is amusing. You know what they say about people who assume.

You got me on that one, I did say that. I usually formulate my blogs better than that. This has been a bad week for me. I got back Sunday from Costa Rica(awesome place) and come home to my personal bank accounts closed and having had forgery charges against me , so I havent been myself. I actually think you being on this website makes for an interesting website. You have strong opinions and are right on sometimes and off base on others. I was trying to trash talk with you and blew it. In the future I will give more thought to my responses and still think Toon will be a better pro than McNutt and only time will tell. I am wrong as much as I am right, but this is not a pro scout website, so I think difference of opinions makes for an interesting blog.

I hope so. As a Hawkeye fan I like McNutt a lot. I also completely agree with you that Williams has zero heart and it is pretty clear. If I were to play devil's advocate, I would still say that sadly if the Bears don't add at least 2 other quality receivers, it might make sense to bring Williams back. And it really kills me to say that but this receiving corps is terrible (especially with Knox, who I don't even like, having to face issues that are far bigger than football).

You are better off with Sanzebacher than Williams, bringing back Williams means our management team has not moved forward and we are in for some of the same.

You are better off with Sanzebacher than Williams, bringing back Williams means our management team has not moved forward and we are in for some of the same.

Honestly, I could live with Williams coming back...but not as the #1 WR. If Williams took that role of the "3rd WR" that the Bears really don't have right now, that'd be acceptable, but that only works if the #1 WR also is made to appear (and if the staff is comfortable with Williams still).

Honestly, I could live with Williams coming back...but not as the #1 WR. If Williams took that role of the "3rd WR" that the Bears really don't have right now, that'd be acceptable, but that only works if the #1 WR also is made to appear (and if the staff is comfortable with Williams still).

He has all the talent in the world but not the right attitude to take advantage of that. I think a fresh body gives us more going forward than something we already tried.

No to Roy Williams. For all his experience he didn't add up to much more than what Sanzenbacher added to the team. In other words we can find his replacement with potential upside very late in the draft. Williams is all downside from here on out.

We've got Earl and I like him a lot. He's not a #1 but he is the type of chain mover you must have on the roster. Hester is ok as a #3 or #4. We need to fill in the #1 WR role period.