The Bears need to sign this guy

Wesson44

Stanford Routt was cut by the Radiers to save money. The Bears need to sign this guy and cut Bowman and Jennings. Routt is 6'1 195lbs and runs a 4.3 40 yard dash. He is clearly better than either Jennings or Bowman. Also he is a cover guy.....meaning he can cover WR'S and not just let them run free.

We're judging NFL free agent's based on their 40 times?

No if you had read what I wrote rather than make your quick not knowing the merits of my view you would have read that I said he is better than both Jennings and Bowman because he can cover guys and not let them run free. Now to that his run time is both faaster than Jennings and Bowman.....which means if he gets beaten he can recover faster due to his speed.

We're judging NFL free agent's based on their 40 times?

Oh and another thing have you watched the NFL combine????? Now you tell me why do they even run the fourty yard dash if its not going to label the player as fast or slow? Huh?? So you would rather have a slow DB trying to keep up with a burner at WR???? Good luck with your team........lol

Oh and another thing have you watched the NFL combine????? Now you tell me why do they even run the fourty yard dash if its not going to label the player as fast or slow? Huh?? So you would rather have a slow DB trying to keep up with a burner at WR???? Good luck with your team........lol

Conversely, I'd take 50 straight years of Mike Brown over Danielle Manning.

Conversely, I'd take 50 straight years of Mike Brown over Danielle Manning.

I would too but would you take 50 years of Bowman/Jennings over a better corner?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...stanford-routt/

Teams already showing interest in Stanford Routt

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 10, 2012, 8:46 AM EST

APReleased former Raiders cornerback Stanford Routt will take advantage of his jump on the rest of the free agent market.

Routt’s agent told Josina Anderson of ESPN.com that Routt will visit the Bills and Titans in the coming days. It sounds like the Bills will meet him first Sunday and Monday. Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports the Titans visit is likely to happen early next week.

Early visits won’t necessarily result in a quick deal. Teams may not be ready to break the bank this far before free agency starts in full, so Routt might have to take a bit of discount to sign now. Cornerback is a deep position in free agency this year.

The early interest from both teams is interesting. On paper, cornerback is one of Buffalo’s more well-stocked positions. Tennessee could look to Routt as a backup plan if Cortland Finnegan leaves via free agency. Perhaps this is a sign the Titans don’t plan to use the franchise tag on Finnegan.

Routt is a good guy to look at. He isn't a great corner but he would be an upgrade over Bowman/Jennings. The problem with Routt is he's about the only quality player who you could sign at this point in time so the demand will probably be high. He also isn't exactly known to be a physical corner or that great of a tackler which means he probably isn't a great fit for the cover 2.

Still better than our current starters and we know the Bears need to address the cornerback position this off-season. Personally I think Finnegan would be a great pick-up. Guy is tough as nails and physical as hell and to me not only is he a good cover corner, I think he'd be a very good cover 2 corner. He's also, surprisingly, a very good person. I used to think the dude was an ass, but he's just that on the field. There is a lot of stuff out there about the type of person he is off the field and lets just say he helps out and does significant charity work.

Routt is an average CB who got penalized 17 times last year. Let's not act like he's the second coming. Yes, he's a better corner than Jennings. Also, there would be no point in cutting Bowman AND Jennings for Routt, considering then you fill 2 CB holes. This is also impossible because Jennings and Bowman are UFA's in a month.

Guest TerraTor
Routt is an average CB who got penalized 17 times last year. Let's not act like he's the second coming. Yes, he's a better corner than Jennings. Also, there would be no point in cutting Bowman AND Jennings for Routt, considering then you fill 2 CB holes. This is also impossible because Jennings and Bowman are UFA's in a month.

Bowman wont make the team if/when a CB is signed opposite Tillman. Cuz he is just bad

Thank You! The Bears whole secondary is up for auction except Tillman,Conte,Wright and DJ Moore. Waters and Joshua Moore don't matter and would have to compete for a roster spot.

• 2 weeks later...
Signed by the Chiefs (which could suggest they're thinking of franchising Bowe and letting their CB hit the market).

That sucks because the article i read pretty much said Carr or Bowe not both. So it looks like they are going the chearper route with the CB position and going to go after Bowe with a long term or Franchise him.