So the Bears need a WR????Well

Wesson44

If I was the GM I would go after V.Jackson or D. Bowe then draft either one of these three in the first or second Randle (6-4, 210), Floyd (6-3, 225) and Jeffery (6-4, 230), then focus on the line and secondary. Well Forte will get paid first and then TE Davis I would keep. That will give the Bears a real height advantage for Jay in the red zone

If I was the GM I would go after V.Jackson or D. Bowe then draft either one of these three in the first or second Randle (6-4, 210), Floyd (6-3, 225) and Jeffery (6-4, 230), then focus on the line and secondary. Well Forte will get paid first and then TE Davis I would keep. That will give the Bears a real height advantage for Jay in the red zone

Those would be my first two choices, but would have to add Colston and S. Johnson to the list because teams dont usually let good players go, so all of them wont be available. I think we need to add a second tier FA wr also and a draft choice in one of the first 3 rounds depending on what we do in FAgency. Also another TE, I would like Davis/Redskins, but we probably dont have the money for him, so a later round draft pick than can run.

Bowe will get franchised more than likely by Kansas City, unless they decide to use it on Carr. After the pipe dreams in Mario Williams and Carl Nicks my #1 free agent would be Dwayne Bowe.

1- Bowe

2- Colston

3- Jackson

4- Finley

5- Steve Johnson

6- Eddie Royal

7- Manningham

That sounds about right.

I salivate at the thought of Williams and Peppers on the d-line together and would add Meachem to your WR wish list after Royal.

Can this happen? What are the odds that Williams doesn't get franchised? If we can sign Williams and Bowe.. . . WOW!

The Texans will almost certainly pass on Mario Williams getting the tag. They're supposedly not in great cap shape, and since Williams is on the tag this year, he'd be on the 2nd year tag next year for a whopping $16.5 million. He won't be tagged. They might be able to sign him before the FA period or otherwise, but they will not be tagging him.

Can this happen? What are the odds that Williams doesn't get franchised? If we can sign Williams and Bowe.. . . WOW!

The chances are slim because the way his franchise tag works is Houston would have to pay him over 21 million just for the 2012 season alone. Because Williams is now a LB and his current cap number is 18 million, Houston can't offer him the average of the top 5 paid LB for the 2012 season. Since his cap number is above $10 million, franchising him means the Texans must guarantee him 120 percent of his current salary next season. It's the way the rule works; either the average of the top five salaries or 120 percent of the players salary, whichever is greater. He will almost surely hit the open market. Doesn't mean he can't or won't re-sign long term with Houston though.

The chances are slim because the way his franchise tag works is Houston would have to pay him over 21 million just for the 2012 season alone. Because Williams is now a LB and his current cap number is 18 million, Houston can't offer him the average of the top 5 paid LB for the 2012 season. Since his cap number is above $10 million, franchising him means the Texans must guarantee him 120 percent of his current salary next season. It's the way the rule works; either the average of the top five salaries or 120 percent of the players salary, whichever is greater. He will almost surely hit the open market. Doesn't mean he can't or won't re-sign long term with Houston though.

Thanks for the franchise clarification. Lovie did a great job recruiting Pep. Can he do it again?!? Our defense can would go from good to great instantly. Not to mention you know they will likely use their 2nd rounder on a safety.

Thanks for the franchise clarification. Lovie did a great job recruiting Pep. Can he do it again?!? Our defense can would go from good to great instantly. Not to mention you know they will likely use their 2nd rounder on a safety.

The question is not whether the Bears can recruit him, its whether they'd be willing to prioritize DE over OT and maybe WR.

It has to be WR as the 1st priority with OL right behind. If for some reason you can't get a top tier WR in Free Agency, then you go for OL.

I believe they can go after two top notch free agents, granite they do have to still sign Forte to an extension, but they should be able to bring in a top WR (hopefully Bowe) and still be ale to be agressive after Williams. The team is in a great spot financially as of right now. You can then focus on drafting an OL in the first round and a safety in round 2. I believe Earl Bennett can eventually develop into a decent #2 in this league. Johnny Knox isn't a bad #3 eather. If anything he was one of their most consistent WR's until getting injured.

But I completely agree. WR BETTER be their #1 priority this offseason.

Problem with that is, there's really no reason to assume that Knox will play football this year, if ever. Thus, the Bears sorta have need for a down-the-list WR.

Was just reading that S. Johnson is asking for big money. The other 3 WRs want the #1 money. It will be tough signing one since there old teams will try to keep them. Your talking about 10 mil a year to get one the big 3 or Johnson. Think we will be paying that? Maybe sign Meachen, Royal and a 1st round Wr might be what we are looking at. Good teams dont let good players go with out a fight.

I want Emery to identify what WR he wants and go get him.

I don't want the Bears to take the approach if indeed there are a number of #1 WRs out there- to just take one of the top WRs at maybe a better price.

If Emery feels Bowe is the #1 WR on the market (my guess is that he does considering his KC ties...could be wrong, but I doubt it) and Bowe isn't franchised....pay what it takes to get him. I don't care what he's worth, but take the approach of that is what he costs.

We'll learn a lot about our new GM very early this coming FA period.

Was just reading that S. Johnson is asking for big money. The other 3 WRs want the #1 money. It will be tough signing one since there old teams will try to keep them. Your talking about 10 mil a year to get one the big 3 or Johnson. Think we will be paying that? Maybe sign Meachen, Royal and a 1st round Wr might be what we are looking at. Good teams dont let good players go with out a fight.

If the Bears don't pay that, then this offseason is a failure. There's really no way around it in my eyes. The need is that great.

I believe they can go after two top notch free agents, granite they do have to still sign Forte to an extension, but they should be able to bring in a top WR (hopefully Bowe) and still be ale to be agressive after Williams. The team is in a great spot financially as of right now. You can then focus on drafting an OL in the first round and a safety in round 2. I believe Earl Bennett can eventually develop into a decent #2 in this league. Johnny Knox isn't a bad #3 eather. If anything he was one of their most consistent WR's until getting injured.

But I completely agree. WR BETTER be their #1 priority this offseason.

What do you,base your opinion on? After they pay Forte, 9 to10 to a wr, several of there own FAs to sign, a rookie pool of 5 mil, how we going to sign another top tier FA?

What do you,base your opinion on? After they pay Forte, 9 to10 to a wr, several of there own FAs to sign, a rookie pool of 5 mil, how we going to sign another top tier FA?

To be fair, there's still other work that could be done...the Bears are probably pretty likely to clear out a few guys. Frank Omiyale for example seems to have a $2.5 million cap hit next year, and any GM would be crazy to hold onto that. Getting a long term deal with Forte would probably save some under the cap space as well, rather than having him eat up a large chunk with the franchise tag.