Randy Moss Signs 1yr Deal W/Niners

Wesson44

Not defending Roy, but will Moss block like him or run routes when he knows he is not the primary? We need a complete reciever to compliment our run game. Let alone when we bring a highly drafted rookie in and the future HOF'er is an influence. I'll pass unless they go nuts and add him after a stud FA WR.

The bolded part is exactly what I'm talking about. Go after the big name, current #1, get him. Then sign Moss as the wild card with incentive in his contract. Then draft a young guy early in the draft. If Moss acts up or doesn't perform - which I don't see happening to be quite honest, he knows it's the end of the line - he gets cut, and the rookie, Bennett, Hester, etc. get more throws their way.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bolded part is exactly what I'm talking about. Go after the big name, current #1, get him. Then sign Moss as the wild card with incentive in his contract. Then draft a young guy early in the draft. If Moss acts up or doesn't perform - which I don't see happening to be quite honest, he knows it's the end of the line - he gets cut, and the rookie, Bennett, Hester, etc. get more throws their way.

Let's call Phil!!

• 3 weeks later...
Saints are expected to bring Moss in for a workout.

See hate to say I told you so .....but...if the Saints are going to give him a workout then we surely need to sign this guy to a contract. Just thinking out loud we sign Moss get Jackson in FA and the draft either Floyd or Hill..we have the window open to win this year the way we were playing. This gives us options down the field to keep the 8-9 guys in the box stopping Forte. Cutler can then throw some passes over the smaller DB to our tall WR instead of the ints he throws to our short WR'S.

Saints are expected to bring Moss in for a workout.

The fact that the Saints are doing this gives me mixed emotions.

On one hand, Moss is probably not the most beneficial player in a locker-room and organization that is currently in turmoil. I've never disagreed with the notion that he's potentially toxic, but the Saints should probably lay low for the moment.

On the other hand, if an offensive juggernaut like the Saints want to give Moss a shot to join their finely tuned scoring machine, it tells me Moss is definitely someone the Bears (who are not a finely tuned scoring machine) should be looking at.

See hate to say I told you so .....but...if the Saints are going to give him a workout then we surely need to sign this guy to a contract. Just thinking out loud we sign Moss get Jackson in FA and the draft either Floyd or Hill..we have the window open to win this year the way we were playing. This gives us options down the field to keep the 8-9 guys in the box stopping Forte. Cutler can then throw some passes over the smaller DB to our tall WR instead of the ints he throws to our short WR'S.

Just because they are interested in signing him doesnt make him great. With Brees he would put up good numbers, but pay attention if somewhere during the year he becomes a head ache. NO has several WR options, we dont. They have a great TE, we dont. It will be easier for him to be better there than he would for us.

Just because they are interested in signing him doesnt make him great. With Brees he would put up good numbers, but pay attention if somewhere during the year he becomes a head ache. NO has several WR options, we dont. They have a great TE, we dont. It will be easier for him to be better there than he would for us.

You are right...the Saints have more options at WR that would make it better for him here because he would get more balls thrown his way keeping him happy The way the Saints spread the ball around would be as you know much different heere in Chicago,....but just think for a minute if he became a favorite target of Cutler on the deep pass. Would you rather have Moss catching them or Hester/Knox/Bennett?

You are right...the Saints have more options at WR that would make it better for him here because he would get more balls thrown his way keeping him happy The way the Saints spread the ball around would be as you know much different heere in Chicago,....but just think for a minute if he became a favorite target of Cutler on the deep pass. Would you rather have Moss catching them or Hester/Knox/Bennett?

I agree with that logic, I dont think Know will play football again, Hester is a special play guy. I would prefer someone else that can be here the length of time Cutler is here. A younger guy. Now if we fall on our face trying to get a #1, then sure, but not our first option for the off season.

I agree with that logic, I dont think Know will play football again, Hester is a special play guy. I would prefer someone else that can be here the length of time Cutler is here. A younger guy. Now if we fall on our face trying to get a #1, then sure, but not our first option for the off season.

If Moss is really running a 4.3, and he's motivated to show people he can still play (similar to the motivation he had after he failed with the Raiders), then he's worth a shot if the price is right, imo.

If we could sign Moss, Mario Williams, and draft Floyd, that would be a heck of an off-season. Again, that's IF Moss is running that fast and seems super-motivated.

Yes i agree that I would love to have him but not as the #1 WR but just as an option. So we could build a WR crew like the Packers and Saints use.

If Moss is really running a 4.3, and he's motivated to show people he can still play (similar to the motivation he had after he failed with the Raiders), then he's worth a shot if the price is right, imo.

If we could sign Moss, Mario Williams, and draft Floyd, that would be a heck of an off-season. Again, that's IF Moss is running that fast and seems super-motivated.

I agree. I've bagged and been anti Moss, but if he is running a 4.3, forget it and sign him.

Had action been taken immediately, he was for the taking. The Bears could have already had him. At a discounted price no less. But now that he has done well at a try out, there goes that idea. It may all be rumors, but if multiple sources are saying he "lit it up," then he's far from washed up.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com...475988/35114661

Had action been taken immediately, he was for the taking. The Bears could have already had him. At a discounted price no less. But now that he has done well at a try out, there goes that idea. It may all be rumors, but if multiple sources are saying he "lit it up," then he's far from washed up.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com...475988/35114661

It wont be a big loss, we have better options and shouldnt be jumping in for a driven price. The Bears werent going to jump on him with out a try out and if he does look good, the competition would have driven the price up anyways. He could be a good addition, but as a 3 or 4 wideout not our #1 focus in FAgency.

It wont be a big loss, we have better options and shouldnt be jumping in for a driven price. The Bears werent going to jump on him with out a try out and if he does look good, the competition would have driven the price up anyways. He could be a good addition, but as a 3 or 4 wideout not our #1 focus in FAgency.

He's a better #2 option in FA than anyone else that has been mentioned. 50 yards a game would not be difficult for him to get at all, and that would be 800 yards a season. Add in a guaranteed 6 or so TDs, at least, and the threat of red zone jump balls, and he's a bigger upgrade than just about anyone else out there being considered for other than a #1 gig.

IDK if the price would have been driven up on him if the Bears had jumped in early. Nobody was buying at first. Same as TO. If they had him in for a visit/try-out, and liked what they saw, they could have been prepared with a contract right then. It's entirely possible he would have taken it, or at least been more apt to work towards an agreement during negotiations, since he wasn't getting other offers. Now, however, he knows that other teams are looking at him as a viable alternative. Before they were not.

If he does well this year, I view this as Emery's first mistake. When a team has a problem, it needs to be addressed by whatever means possible. All avenues need to be exhausted until it is no longer a problem.

If we win the SB, Moss could have a career year elsewhere for all I care...

If he does well this year, I view this as Emery's first mistake. When a team has a problem, it needs to be addressed by whatever means possible. All avenues need to be exhausted until it is no longer a problem.

If we win the SB, Moss could have a career year elsewhere for all I care...

No doubt. But if the Bears struggle offensively, none of the FA/Draft WRs step up to become a #1 or a serious threat, and Moss puts up 1000yds and 10TDs, we'll all know that the search for a WR wasn't thorough enough for such a pressing issue.

Agreed. Both our failure and his success combined would be the instance where I see it as a failure.

No doubt. But if the Bears struggle offensively, none of the FA/Draft WRs step up to become a #1 or a serious threat, and Moss puts up 1000yds and 10TDs, we'll all know that the search for a WR wasn't thorough enough for such a pressing issue.

Yep. So another NFC contender wants to give Moss a tryout, and this is still a bad idea for the Bears? The fact that it's the Niners hits even closer to home since they are a defense-first team in need of a WR (sounds like a team I know).

Like i said before we sign Moss and sign Jackson and draft Floyd/Hill we have a WR core that will put fear in all the teams we will face next year and give the coaches nightmares trying to game plan for us.Think about a five WR set with Jackson,Moss and Floyd/Hill on the outside and Hester and Bennett in the slots. Cutler will have a field day in the shotgun. The same with the 3 and 4 WR sets.

Like i said before we sign Moss and sign Jackson and draft Floyd/Hill we have a WR core that will put fear in all the teams we will face next year and give the coaches nightmares trying to game plan for us.Think about a five WR set with Jackson,Moss and Floyd/Hill on the outside and Hester and Bennett in the slots. Cutler will have a field day in the shotgun. The same with the 3 and 4 WR sets.

I'm thinking this is an easy sack.