Randy Moss speaks again!!!!

Wesson44

We the Bears are missing a player here and there to make it back to the SuperBowl. I for one would sign Moss since he says that he doesn't need to be the NO #1 WR. If we could sign Jackson or Bowe, sign Moss and then draft Floyd........Cutler will have an orgasim!! Not to mention how other teams defenses will have nightmares on how to stop the Bears passing game with these three plus Hester and Bennett & Knox. Maybe Tice can talk him into coming here!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill

Randy Moss says he’s “coming to tear somebody’s heads off, man”

Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2012, 11:29 PM EST

ReutersIn 1998, then-rookie Randy Moss nonchalantly vowed to come to the NFL and “rip it up.” And he did.

Now, a season after retiring, Moss has made a more colorful promise. “I’m coming to tear somebody’s heads off, man,” Moss said in a compelling Monday night video session on Ustream, roughly 12 hours after using the technology to announce his return to football.

He dubs his casual laptop encounters with fans “Moss TV,” and he says he won’t be doing anything with the media. “I don’t wanna be on nobody’s radio, I don’t wanna be on nobody’s newspaper,” Moss said. “This is Moss TV, this is gonna continue to be Moss TV.”

He says he’s “fully committed” to playing, that he’s “still got it,” that he can indeed still run a 4.3 in the 40, but that he doesn’t need to be the No. 1 receiver on his next team.

“I got something on my shoulder and it’s a chip that I need to get it off,” Moss said.

Though earlier in the day he seemed to be willing to play for any team that is willing to have him, Moss hinted that he wants a team that will compete, and that is “missing a piece here and there.”

He said wants to win a Super Bowl; he said his socks got sweaty from nerves as he was rooting for the Patriots to beat the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI.

Moss candidly admitted to a variety of regrets. “I got regrets of how I left New England, I got regrets of how I left Minnesota, and I got regrets of how I retired,” Moss said. But he said “I doubt that” in response to a viewer who asked if he’d play again for the Vikings. Moss also laughed at a viewer comment warning him not to play for the Browns because former Vikings coach Brad Childress now works there. (Moss also said he won’t tell the story about what really happened in Minnesota, and that he’s saving it for the book.)

Above all else, Moss was funny and engaging. Someone asked him, “How smelly are your poops?” He responded by explaining that when he was a kid he didn’t think guys like Michael Jackson and Michael Jordan pooped or wiped their noses.

And then Moss picked his own nose on camera.

Though the online antics won’t make him any more attractive to his next team, his return to the limelight — and his genuine, child-like fascination with having 500-plus viewers and a rapid-fire stream of questions — is fun to watch.

He says he’ll fire up “Moss TV” again tomorrow, or the next day. Or maybe the next day. When it happens, we’ll post a head’s up and a link on the PFT Twitter page.

We the Bears are missing a player here and there to make it back to the SuperBowl. I for one would sign Moss since he says that he doesn't need to be the NO #1 WR. If we could sign Jackson or Bowe, sign Moss and then draft Floyd........Cutler will have an orgasim!! Not to mention how other teams defenses will have nightmares on how to stop the Bears passing game with these three plus Hester and Bennett & Knox. Maybe Tice can talk him into coming here!

ReutersIn 1998, then-rookie Randy Moss nonchalantly vowed to come to the NFL and “rip it up.” And he did.

Now, a season after retiring, Moss has made a more colorful promise. “I’m coming to tear somebody’s heads off, man,” Moss said in a compelling Monday night video session on Ustream, roughly 12 hours after using the technology to announce his return to football.

He dubs his casual laptop encounters with fans “Moss TV,” and he says he won’t be doing anything with the media. “I don’t wanna be on nobody’s radio, I don’t wanna be on nobody’s newspaper,” Moss said. “This is Moss TV, this is gonna continue to be Moss TV.”

He says he’s “fully committed” to playing, that he’s “still got it,” that he can indeed still run a 4.3 in the 40, but that he doesn’t need to be the No. 1 receiver on his next team.

“I got something on my shoulder and it’s a chip that I need to get it off,” Moss said.

Though earlier in the day he seemed to be willing to play for any team that is willing to have him, Moss hinted that he wants a team that will compete, and that is “missing a piece here and there.”

He said wants to win a Super Bowl; he said his socks got sweaty from nerves as he was rooting for the Patriots to beat the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI.

Moss candidly admitted to a variety of regrets. “I got regrets of how I left New England, I got regrets of how I left Minnesota, and I got regrets of how I retired,” Moss said. But he said “I doubt that” in response to a viewer who asked if he’d play again for the Vikings. Moss also laughed at a viewer comment warning him not to play for the Browns because former Vikings coach Brad Childress now works there. (Moss also said he won’t tell the story about what really happened in Minnesota, and that he’s saving it for the book.)

Above all else, Moss was funny and engaging. Someone asked him, “How smelly are your poops?” He responded by explaining that when he was a kid he didn’t think guys like Michael Jackson and Michael Jordan pooped or wiped their noses.

Though the online antics won’t make him any more attractive to his next team, his return to the limelight — and his genuine, child-like fascination with having 500-plus viewers and a rapid-fire stream of questions — is fun to watch.

He says he’ll fire up “Moss TV” again tomorrow, or the next day. Or maybe the next day. When it happens, we’ll post a head’s up and a link on the PFT Twitter page.

We dont need any of the over the hill WRs out there. We should quit living in the past and get some young players, to live in the now. Giving him a spot distracts us from finding someone to have a future with. Take Chad Johnson, TO, and Moss and line them up and shoot um, so you get off this (he use to be good, and how great he would be) kick. Rarely does anybody produce at latter years. Let me see, Roy Williams, and he isnt even old yet.

I think I would be happy with this off season playing out like this

1. Sign Randy Moss- if his workout is great and he is in great shape, won’t cost too much

2. Sign Mario Williams- will cost a lot, but with not breaking the bank on a FA WR this could be done

3. Sign Matt Forte- franchise or sign a long term deal

4. Draft Floyd with the first pick- we need to get more than one WR in here to produce

5. Sign a free agent Olinemen- if possible to upgrade and not break the bank

6. Cut Frank Olymile(sp???)- the guy is taking up cap space and a roster spot= worthless

7. Draft in the 2nd round an Olinemen or CB

8. Draft vice versa number 7

9. With the second pick in the 3rd draft the best player no matter what position, we need to get to a point where we are able to do that with every pick

This way we upgrade the O with a 2 wr’s and upgrade the D greatly with Super Mario. We get a proven vet WR that could have 2 years left in his tank and we get a young WR in Floyd. If Moss does not turn out we still have Floyd for the now and future. With Knox being a huge question mark I don’t feel one WR will do the trick, we need to add more than one WR.The FO needs to upgrade the Dline, by doing so you take the pressure off the D backfield as well. Look at NYG. Also you add some help to the Oline, lets not forget we are getting Carmi and Williams back from IR which should help greatly too.

You guys tell me is this unrealistic??? I know there are different Cap space totals out there right now but with not going after a top tier FA WR can we make a run at Mario Williams and Randy Moss while signing Forte??

We dont need any of the over the hill WRs out there. We should quit living in the past and get some young players, to live in the now. Giving him a spot distracts us from finding someone to have a future with. Take Chad Johnson, TO, and Moss and line them up and shoot um, so you get off this (he use to be good, and how great he would be) kick. Rarely does anybody produce at latter years. Let me see, Roy Williams, and he isnt even old yet.

lol I agree with you. Unfortunately, sometimes Bears fans have a habit of living in the past. Randy Moss, TO, OchoCinco, Roy Williams, etc.

John Clayton said that Moss would be no better than a 3rd WR. And thats if he shows he can still stretch the field vertically. The guy is basically one dimensional. Not worth the money or the headache, IMO.

Here's a great bit of evidence that Moss is still the same guy he was before last year and still doesn't "Get it".

Appearing Tuesday morning on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike in the Morning," Carter predicted that Moss would be "in fabulous shape" after a full offseason of training and reiterated his suggestion that Moss could still run the 40-yard dash in less than 4.4 seconds. But Carter accurately identified an important issue NFL teams will need to address before seriously considering his acquisition.

Moss

"The one thing you have to address with Randy Moss is not a conditioning thing," Carter said. "It's not an age thing. It needs to be addressed. I believe it's the elephant in the room. It's that thing called quit.

"And Randy, not like any other superstar I've met, he has more quit in him than any of those other players. So I need to addresses that. That's what [New England Patriots coach Bill] Belichick did when he brought him over from Oakland. He told him he wasn't going to have it.

"But Randy, when things don't go well, like no other player I've ever been around or associated with, he has a quit mechanism in him that's huge. That needs to be addressed before he signs with any team."

Tuesday morning, Moss used his new verified Twitter account to send what appeared to be a response to Carter's twitter account. Although he did not specifically reference Carter's comments, Moss tweeted: "its sad how u stroked ur own ego when u were suppose to b my mentor!then u wonder why karma bites u in the [expletive]! #goodlukwhof"

Ouch. I can tell you from experience that Moss is a first-class hurler of insults. He knows what gets at people, and it's probably safe to assume that Carter's annual exclusion from the Pro Football Hall of Fame is a sensitive subject. It's also an unfair shot. There is no disputing that Moss has quit at various points in his career, while it's hard to connect Carter's past attempts to take credit for Moss' success as a reason he hasn't been elected to the Hall of Fame.

Moss later tweeted: "Cc no matter I still luv u bruh," but I think we all know how damaging the "quitting" issue will be as Moss sells himself to NFL teams this offseason. At his best, Moss is one of the best receivers in the history of the game, one who would be able to play at a high level even if he has lost a step or two. But at his worst, he is a 35-year-old receiver who is two years removed from his last productive season, one who carries the baggage of four messy departures from three different franchises and whose desire and effort continue to be a matter of public discussion. Stay tuned.

Back to the opinions thread...we all have them, and we can agree to disagree, but please stop with the ridiculous comparisons to Roy Freaking Williams. Randy Moss and TO have always been better than Williams, and it's never been close.

Back to the opinions thread...we all have them, and we can agree to disagree, but please stop with the ridiculous comparisons to Roy Freaking Williams. Randy Moss and TO have always been better than Williams, and it's never been close.

Well in my opinion you really don't need to have Moss come in and be the NO #1 WR. He would be a huge mismatch for smaller slower DB that try to cover him one on one and that is what we need....more options for Cutler. How many times have you guys seen where Cutler has thrown the ball a little high just for our WR'S to miss the ball leading to int's for the other side? With Moss...he can throw the same passes and Moss will go and get them changing the field position or even scoring touchdowns. Moss as a 3rd WR is what we need!!!

Well in my opinion you really don't need to have Moss come in and be the NO #1 WR. He would be a huge mismatch for smaller slower DB that try to cover him one on one and that is what we need....more options for Cutler. How many times have you guys seen where Cutler has thrown the ball a little high just for our WR'S to miss the ball leading to int's for the other side? With Moss...he can throw the same passes and Moss will go and get them changing the field position or even scoring touchdowns. Moss as a 3rd WR is what we need!!!

The problem of course is that if Randy Moss comes in and isn't the #1 WR, Randy Moss will get frustrated and sit on the bench pouting.

Unlike TO, I think Moss can still play. I don't think he's a #1 and i think he's an ass. As a result, I don't think I'd sign him. Over all the years back when he (& TO for that matter) were still legit #1's, I would have dealt with there shit. But when they aren't that anymore, I think you are taking an even bigger risk, especially with a guy like Moss who in one year left New England and Minny on terrible terms. Even his boy Chris Carter is throwing out some serious heat regarding how big of a quitter Moss is.

Moss was a tremendous player and he can still help a team but I don't think I want his attitude around some of our young wideouts (especially if we are going to draft someone). I'd much rather invest in a guy like Reggie Wayne who could be a veteran leader and would be far less of a concern in the lockeroom. Oh, and he's still a decent receiver too.

I don't understand why anyone would compare Roy Williams with Randy Moss. Last I checked Randy Moss was still tied 2nd alltime in TD receptions. Given he may not be the Randy Moss 5 years ago but he is light years better then any receiver currently on the Bears roster. I wouldn't give him money like a Dwayne Bowe and others but I would seriously consider giving him a production laden contract with incentives.

Unlike TO, I think Moss can still play. I don't think he's a #1 and i think he's an ass. As a result, I don't think I'd sign him. Over all the years back when he (& TO for that matter) were still legit #1's, I would have dealt with there shit. But when they aren't that anymore, I think you are taking an even bigger risk, especially with a guy like Moss who in one year left New England and Minny on terrible terms. Even his boy Chris Carter is throwing out some serious heat regarding how big of a quitter Moss is.

Moss was a tremendous player and he can still help a team but I don't think I want his attitude around some of our young wideouts (especially if we are going to draft someone). I'd much rather invest in a guy like Reggie Wayne who could be a veteran leader and would be far less of a concern in the lockeroom. Oh, and he's still a decent receiver too.

I have not really thought about the Reggie Wayne option, has anyone watched his play last year?? I did not but would like any insight on his play. I know he had shit qb play but he still had 75 rec, and 960 yds. Not bad for a wr with whats his name playing qb.

The problem of course is that if Randy Moss comes in and isn't the #1 WR, Randy Moss will get frustrated and sit on the bench pouting.

And then they cut his ass. Easy.

Agreed. I still dont get this fascination with the old WRers.

It's only a fascination because the need is so great. If there weren't a realistic possibility that the old WRs would perform better than the current young WRs it wouldn't be an issue.

I think a "motivated", just turned 35, Randy Moss will be better than any WR available in free agent out there this year. Before the year he was tossed around everywhere, he had over 1200 yards and 13 TD's. Now he's basically had 2 years off, and he's coming back because he wants to play. It's not because he needs money and has to.

While he isn't the long term fix the team needs, I'm also not saying to ignore the other WR's available. The defense itself probably only has a couple years left. It's time to stock up and try to when now before Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, and Peppers all start going down hill.

Worst case you cut him, but there is potential for a major pay off for a low price tag.

I think a "motivated", just turned 35, Randy Moss will be better than any WR available in free agent out there this year. Before the year he was tossed around everywhere, he had over 1200 yards and 13 TD's. Now he's basically had 2 years off, and he's coming back because he wants to play. It's not because he needs money and has to.

While he isn't the long term fix the team needs, I'm also not saying to ignore the other WR's available. The defense itself probably only has a couple years left. It's time to stock up and try to when now before Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, and Peppers all start going down hill.

Worst case you cut him, but there is potential for a major pay off for a low price tag.

And yet, if you actually read his words, there's no sign that he's a different guy at all from the one who Minnesota cut after he ripped on their caterer or the Patriots traded after he quit against the Jets.

And I hate the "if he's bad we'll cut him" idea. Who replaces him if he's cut after 2 games? Unless the Bears expect to have Knox back after a couple games, that leaves the Bears back in the WR void they're in right now.

You cut him if he isn't good, because I totally expect them to address the position like he wasn't signed.

The Bears still need to draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd who could develop for a couple years behind Moss, and aggressively attack the available free agents. There's more potential in that than signing a free agent and putting the pressure on a rookie to step up and play then.

Since its a huge need, then go first round pick for Floyd and then sign an actual good receiver. Bowe, V Jax, hell I'd take Meachem over Moss. You still have Bennett and Hester in the fold.

No to Moss.

Exactly. It's such a huge need that if you take a high risk guy and he fails...the position winds up still being a position of n eed.

Since its a huge need, then go first round pick for Floyd and then sign an actual good receiver. Bowe, V Jax, hell I'd take Meachem over Moss. You still have Bennett and Hester in the fold.

No to Moss.

I would bet 5 bucks, if Moss gets put on a team that will let him play this year and barring injury, he will have more TD's than either Bowe or V Jax plus Meachem combined. Vincent Jackson has an arguably better QB than Cutler right now and has never topped 1100+ and 9 TDs. Bowe had a lot of TD's the year before last but only 5 TDs last year. Colston is arguably the best out of all 3 barring injury or him being a system player. If not for injuries, he's been consistently better or near both over his career.

Moss is the best WR ever to play football. Rice was the most determined, but even if Moss has took a play off here and there, he was the best. Moss is determined now, still young enough to play and well rested. He will be a force this year. The Wide receivers available will be Mushin Muhammad quality but at an over exaggerated price.

I want them to pursue who is available, Stevie Johnson in paticular if he doesn't get locked up, but none are worth a huge contract no matter how desperate the Bears are for a WR.

name=''TD'' date='Feb 18 2012, 04:15 AM' post='101481']

I would bet 5 bucks, if Moss gets put on a team that will let him play this year and barring injury, he will have more TD's than either Bowe or V Jax plus Meachem combined. Vincent Jackson has an arguably better QB than Cutler right now and has never topped 1100+ and 9 TDs. Bowe had a lot of TD's the year before last but only 5 TDs last year. Colston is arguably the best out of all 3 barring injury or him being a system player. If not for injuries, he's been consistently better or near both over his career.

Nice challenge bet, but it's flawed with too many arguable loopholes.

Moss is the best WR ever to play football. Rice was the most determined, but even if Moss has took a play off here and there, he was the best. Moss is determined now, still young enough to play and well rested. He will be a force this year. The Wide receivers available will be Mushin Muhammad quality but at an over exaggerated price.

Agreed from the pure threat standpoint. Strongly disagree on the total package. Of course I could be wrong as I think Walter was the great RB all time, with most experts sayin Brown. Walter had him killed on the "complete player" package.

Agreed that VJax and Colston could end up being Moose. Don't feel that way about Bowe.

I want them to pursue who is available, Stevie Johnson in paticular if he doesn't get locked up, but none are worth a huge contract no matter how desperate the Bears are for a WR.

Agreed again, that they are not worth it, but desparate times, etc...