Randy Moss speaks again!!!!

Wesson44

I would bet 5 bucks, if Moss gets put on a team that will let him play this year and barring injury, he will have more TD's than either Bowe or V Jax plus Meachem combined. Vincent Jackson has an arguably better QB than Cutler right now and has never topped 1100+ and 9 TDs. Bowe had a lot of TD's the year before last but only 5 TDs last year. Colston is arguably the best out of all 3 barring injury or him being a system player. If not for injuries, he's been consistently better or near both over his career.

Moss is the best WR ever to play football. Rice was the most determined, but even if Moss has took a play off here and there, he was the best. Moss is determined now, still young enough to play and well rested. He will be a force this year. The Wide receivers available will be Mushin Muhammad quality but at an over exaggerated price.

I want them to pursue who is available, Stevie Johnson in paticular if he doesn't get locked up, but none are worth a huge contract no matter how desperate the Bears are for a WR.

They are #1s and we need to pay what the market bears. We can't play around any more with maybes.

They are #1s and we need to pay what the market bears. We can't play around any more with maybes.

Why not? Beggars can't be choosers.

There is a big difference between the maybes the Bears picked up (i.e. Moose, Roy) and the maybes available (i.e. Moss, Owens).

The problem of course is that if Randy Moss comes in and isn't the #1 WR, Randy Moss will get frustrated and sit on the bench pouting.

I really don't think that at all...since he himself say that he doesn't have to be the number one WR. He just wants to play.....and I think that the guy has something to prove on the field. I just hope he does it with us instead of against us.

Moose was not a "Maybe" when the Bears picked him up. He was in a lot more demand than Moss and Owens.

Moose wasn't a maybe, but he WAS a question mark, and he certainly wasn't valued over Moss or Owens. I distinctly remember saying that he was valued too highly because he had a career year in 2004 (most yards and TDs of his career) and tricked people into thinking he was better than he really was. His stats and history were called into question by many. Also, he wasn't more in demand than Owens and Moss. Owens was already signed with Philly in 2004 and was easily more in demand when he hit the FA market. Hell, Owens was more in demand even with his next FA opportunity in Dallas. And Moss wasn't available either, but he did put up 13 TDs in an injury-filled year and would have gotten more suitors than Muhammed.

Saying he was more in demand than Moss and TO is just ridiculous. Before his fluke year of 16 TDs, Muhammed had 7 total TDs in the three previous years. C'mon man, look in the mirror and be honest. If all three were available for the same money, Muhammed would have been third on the list of talent, and the only reason the demand would have been similar would be because, up until that point, he hadn't caused any off-field issues.

Moose wasn't a maybe, but he WAS a question mark, and he certainly wasn't valued over Moss or Owens. I distinctly remember saying that he was valued too highly because he had a career year in 2004 (most yards and TDs of his career) and tricked people into thinking he was better than he really was. His stats and history were called into question by many. Also, he wasn't more in demand than Owens and Moss. Owens was already signed with Philly in 2004 and was easily more in demand when he hit the FA market. Hell, Owens was more in demand even with his next FA opportunity in Dallas. And Moss wasn't available either, but he did put up 13 TDs in an injury-filled year and would have gotten more suitors than Muhammed.

Saying he was more in demand than Moss and TO is just ridiculous. Before his fluke year of 16 TDs, Muhammed had 7 total TDs in the three previous years. C'mon man, look in the mirror and be honest. If all three were available for the same money, Muhammed would have been third on the list of talent, and the only reason the demand would have been similar would be because, up until that point, he hadn't caused any off-field issues.

Moss and TO were more valuable along time ago, but TO is coming off a major injury and is (lets face it)old, and an issue in the locker room. He aint got it, he would probably be a good Arena league player now. The problem is Moss is starting to slow down and the most important think is he has quit on teams when things dont go good for him. He is just not to be trusted any more as a consistent threat. If he was the 4th WR on the team, maybe but I dont see him doing 1000 yards and 10 TDs. Moose was a #2 wr that had one great year, and we tried to make him a #1.

Moose was signed immediately after he became available and he was coming off a massively huge season. He was a #1 at the time the Bears signed him. And he was far more in demand than Moss and TO have been the past few years.

Moss and TO were more valuable along time ago, but TO is coming off a major injury and is (lets face it)old, and an issue in the locker room. He aint got it, he would probably be a good Arena league player now. The problem is Moss is starting to slow down and the most important think is he has quit on teams when things dont go good for him. He is just not to be trusted any more as a consistent threat. If he was the 4th WR on the team, maybe but I dont see him doing 1000 yards and 10 TDs. Moose was a #2 wr that had one great year, and we tried to make him a #1.

All of what you've said may be true, but I'd love it if the Bears just took a chance of catching lightning in a bottle.

As for Moose, tell DBDB that. When he came up for FA it was after his one big year, he was overrated, and paid as a #1, but he was never more valuable or highly thought of than TO or Moss. Saying otherwise is just a fabrication.

Moose was signed immediately after he became available and he was coming off a massively huge season. He was a #1 at the time the Bears signed him. And he was far more in demand than Moss and TO have been the past few years.

Moose of then vs. TO and Moss of now, I agree. If that's the issue it's just a matter of miscommunication. Even though I think Moose was highly overrated at the time.

But if we're talking Moose of then vs. TO/Moss of the same year(s), then I stand by what I said. Out of the three, Moose was a distant third, despite coming off of his one huge year.

Moose of then vs. TO and Moss of now, I agree. If that's the issue it's just a matter of miscommunication. Even though I think Moose was highly overrated at the time.

But if we're talking Moose of then vs. TO/Moss of the same year(s), then I stand by what I said. Out of the three, Moose was a distant third, despite coming off of his one huge year.

It is usless to compare Moose with TO and Moss, because those two had better QB'S throwing them the ball then Moose had. Now put either Moss or TO with Cutlers arm and see what you get. Moss was a monster with Brady and TO did well with Romo and Palmer. I would grab Moss instead of TO because he is younger and has better hands than TO. But here is the tning ...we need to grab Moss then get either Jackson or Bowe..then try to draft Floyd. That would be the best line up to put on the field with Bennett and Hester. Knox might be put on IR to heal up and we could maybe even keep Williams. So how does Jackson/Bowe, Moss,, Floyd and Williams with Bennett/Hester in the slot look to a defense on paper? Can you picture us running the 4 WR set with Jackson/Bowe on one outside Moss on the other outside and Bennett and Hester in the slots? That would be better than what the Packers run.

Of course, one thing worth remembering is that TO strong-armed his way into Philadelphia and wouldn't go anywhere else, but that's another story.

Oh, in no way shape or form, am I comparing Moose to TO/Moss in their primes. That would be insane. I'm mearley pointing out that when the Bears signed Moose, he was one of the most targeted guys in the league via FA. The Bears were extremely agressive and swooped in and signed him to a big money deal almost immediately. The deal didn't work out great, but Moose was our #1 on the superbowl team (well along with Berrian) and while at times he was inconsistent with a better QB we probably see a bit better production out of him. Sadly, he's the best wideout we've had since Booker (and that isn't a good thing; Moose was a pretty big dissapointment for the Bears).

Moss/TO are not targeted. If they didn't have major attitude problems, I'd be all for signing these guys to incentive laden deals. The risk would be very low. If they don't pan out, so what, you gave it a shot. However, with these guys, they are cancers in the clubhouse, and that means even if they don't pan out, they could very well have a negative impact on the entire team. That to me indicates you actually have severe downside scenario's in giving these guys low-risk deals.

Both were tremendously talented players and in there prime's, I'd put up with there shit (neither of them had actual off the field problems; For me, those are the things that I really don't put up with). Heck, even a couple years ago, I'd have put up with there crap. I just believe these guys are more than a few years past there primes and if I'm going to go that route, I'd much rather go with someone like Reggie Wayne. Especially when we know there is a good chance the Bears are going to draft a young wideout in the 1st 2 or 3 rounds.

I'd rather have that young wideout learning from a guy like Wayne than a guy like Moss.

Owens, well, I don't know if he can teach or not, cause I'd love him to teach. He is/was one of the hardest working guys in the league and fundamentally was rock solid. Not only was he a physical beast but he was a tremendous route runner. The type of knowledge and ability he'd have to teach, would be phenomenal, if it weren't for the fact, that quite frankly, he's socially incompetent. If guys like Stevie Johnson credited TO as a good teacher, than I might be a little more open to working with Terrell.

I've long argued, you look at most of the top wideouts in the league, and at one point in time or another, they worked with other very good wideouts. Fitzgerald grew up around some of the best wideouts in the league (not in the NFL, however, he did have Boldin, who was legit with the Cards). Owens was tutored by Rice. Moss via Carter. There are exceptions to this, clearly, but I think a good wideout can immensely help develop other wideouts.