Something for you to think about

Wesson44

Since Randy Moss wants to come back and rip the head off someone, by not signing him do you want him to go to a team so he can rip the heads of Tillman and or Jennings our starters from last year. Remember he owned Tillman for awhile when he was with the Vikings. But on the other hand lets say you sign him,....... now would would love to see him rip the heads off......lets say the Packers!!! And not to even mention the Vikings we also play twice. Oh and dont we also play the Titans this year? Then next year we play the Patroits too!! I would love to see him burn up these teams with their weak secondary players and not against us. But mark my words if he goes to a team we play we will lose because of him and our DB not being able to cover him. Picture this if you will......would you rather throw deep to Hester or Knox (if he's able to play) at their height of 6'0/5'11 or to Moss at 6'4 with jumping and wing span to make him at about 7'2????? And remember he can also CATCH the damn ball....much cheaper than Jackson or Bowe is going to be. So what if he takes plays off......if he is the no #2 or 3 than he will have plays off, but when you need him to go deep.........didn't he and Brady score like 29 touchdowns that year they played together? 29 TD'S is more than all of our WR'S have scored together in three years!!!!!!!

Since Randy Moss wants to come back and rip the head off someone, by not signing him do you want him to go to a team so he can rip the heads of Tillman and or Jennings our starters from last year. Remember he owned Tillman for awhile when he was with the Vikings. But on the other hand lets say you sign him,....... now would would love to see him rip the heads off......lets say the Packers!!! And not to even mention the Vikings we also play twice. Oh and dont we also play the Titans this year? Then next year we play the Patroits too!! I would love to see him burn up these teams with their weak secondary players and not against us. But mark my words if he goes to a team we play we will lose because of him and our DB not being able to cover him. Picture this if you will......would you rather throw deep to Hester or Knox (if he's able to play) at their height of 6'0/5'11 or to Moss at 6'4 with jumping and wing span to make him at about 7'2????? And remember he can also CATCH the damn ball....much cheaper than Jackson or Bowe is going to be. So what if he takes plays off......if he is the no #2 or 3 than he will have plays off, but when you need him to go deep.........didn't he and Brady score like 29 touchdowns that year they played together? 29 TD'S is more than all of our WR'S have scored together in three years!!!!!!!

Really, a third Moss thread...

The 29 TDS was in 2007. Roy Williams had a great year 5 years ago, what did that do for us? Here is the problem, if we go after Moss, it will limit us into getting a more legitimate WR. Kinda like signing Williams this year, then how long will he be here? It is real simple, this year more than any other year, we have the chance to get a #1 WR, lets quit screwing around trying to get old WRs and get a real one that has a future. Of course he is better than any we have, all of our WRs are crap but for Bennett. Knox will never play again, Hester is a special play guy, Bennett the 3rd down guy, and Williams is more of the same you want to bring in here, a play once in awhile and when you need him to make a big catch, he lets you down, but you look at the 33 catches and ONE TD and you think its 2006 again, take your medication.

The 29 TDS was in 2007. Roy Williams had a great year 5 years ago, what did that do for us? Here is the problem, if we go after Moss, it will limit us into getting a more legitimate WR. Kinda like signing Williams this year, then how long will he be here? It is real simple, this year more than any other year, we have the chance to get a #1 WR, lets quit screwing around trying to get old WRs and get a real one that has a future. Of course he is better than any we have, all of our WRs are crap but for Bennett. Knox will never play again, Hester is a special play guy, Bennett the 3rd down guy, and Williams is more of the same you want to bring in here, a play once in awhile and when you need him to make a big catch, he lets you down, but you look at the 33 catches and ONE TD and you think its 2006 again, take your medication.

First of I will take medication only if you will also. Next you say that I want to bring in Moss and he is kinda like Williams....but then you say that he is better than Williams....so whats your point? You don't have one Moss can be a beast Williams can't. Going after Moss will not have any effect on who we draft as a WR. We still can draft Floyd or sign Bowe/Jackson if we play to win in FA and the draft. You seem in your negative attitude towards Moss that you cant see the advantage he can be on the field. Hell even TO had a good year with the Bengals before he got hurt. Now look at who Moss had throwing him the ball in Oakland, with the Titans and back with the Vikings.....crap. But I will tell you this...if some team we play picks him up and we get torched by him...I dont want you to say another word for 2 months on this board!!!! LOL

First of I will take medication only if you will also. Next you say that I want to bring in Moss and he is kinda like Williams....but then you say that he is better than Williams....so whats your point? You don't have one Moss can be a beast Williams can't. Going after Moss will not have any effect on who we draft as a WR. We still can draft Floyd or sign Bowe/Jackson if we play to win in FA and the draft. You seem in your negative attitude towards Moss that you cant see the advantage he can be on the field. Hell even TO had a good year with the Bengals before he got hurt. Now look at who Moss had throwing him the ball in Oakland, with the Titans and back with the Vikings.....crap. But I will tell you this...if some team we play picks him up and we get torched by him...I dont want you to say another word for 2 months on this board!!!! LOL

My point was we got Williams, and stopped looking for a better Wr. I will eat crow if wrong, I don't think he will productive anymore, so I think having faith him will prohibit us from getting better at the position. If we bring in a #1 and a high draft pick, then maybe adding him but be ok.

I agree 100%. Get a top flight WR (Bowe, Jackson or Colston).

Peace :dabears

Saying and doing are two different things. He's another Patriot castoff. Pass.

Since Randy Moss wants to come back and rip the head off someone, by not signing him do you want him to go to a team so he can rip the heads of Tillman and or Jennings our starters from last year. Remember he owned Tillman for awhile when he was with the Vikings.

i am not jumping into this moss or not arguments but to set the record straight i don't think you are remembering this correctly.

peanut was mainly drafted because of his size to cover moss and the big receivers from green bay. at the time he did this very well especially against moss whom he seemed to have his number. peanut had more quickness and a bit more speed way back then also, which helped on these bigger targets. when the league started to change to smaller and faster receivers, of course we didn't seem to get the memo and flushed out our supposed #1 corners (like mcquarters) and made peanut our point guy from that time onward.

that said... i believe peanut is winding down his career as a corner and is at best a good #2 CB and has been in that role from the start (although our current coaching staff has never believed it). that is just one of the reasons we have gotten our brains beat in over the years against good passing teams and never came close to winning a superbowl.

in my opinion, right now, we need a true #1 cover corner that can play bump and run, man, off the LOS even in this garbage cover 2 system we run. someone quick, fast and hopefully at least 5'10" or larger.

since like IDIOTS, we chose to ignore the very good to excellent free agent #1 corners (woodson and the more recent kid from oakland) that were on the market when hop-along angelo was GM, i would like to see a corner drafted #1 (if the quality restrictions i listed are there) if no real LOT is worth the pick.

a #1 CB is the most critical need on defense we have right now and would make this team exponentially better all around.

I agree 100%. Get a top flight WR (Bowe, Jackson or Colston).

That's so easy to say it's almost not worth saying. It's like saying, "Let's pick up a DE that gets 15 sacks a year." Of course everyone would be on board with it. But would you be against getting Bowe/Jackson/Colston AND Moss? To me, the idea of having Jackson/Moss/Bennett as the starting trio sounds like a recipe for a VERY happy Cutler. Not only that, but I don't see a team being able to guard that trio very well.

Lucky-

Agree whole heartedly. In my last mock, I had them taking Dre Kirkpatrick. CB needs to get better and younger just as the whole D does, which is why I want the whole draft to be D while the signings in FA should be O (unless it's Mario Williams or Cliff Avril).

You have identified all of our needs, but we cant fill the offensive ones in FAgency. We will get one big signing and a couple of marginal players. I dont think we have large sums of money to spend like many of the bloggers on here. We still have to pay Forte and several of our own FAs so our pile of money shrinks fast, so we will have to address offense in the draft also. The way I see it ; we get a #1 WR, a second tier WR, a depth LB in free agency. Then we draft;

OT in round 1

WR in round 2

CB in round 3a

DE in round 3b

LB in round 4

That's so easy to say it's almost not worth saying. It's like saying, "Let's pick up a DE that gets 15 sacks a year." Of course everyone would be on board with it. But would you be against getting Bowe/Jackson/Colston AND Moss? To me, the idea of having Jackson/Moss/Bennett as the starting trio sounds like a recipe for a VERY happy Cutler. Not only that, but I don't see a team being able to guard that trio very well.

Yes, I'd be strongly against getting one of those guys "And" Moss. Especially with Forte on the team, Randy Moss would not get the number of touches he needs to keep himself interested in the game if he was sitting there as the 2nd/3rd WR option.

You have identified all of our needs, but we cant fill the offensive ones in FAgency. We will get one big signing and a couple of marginal players. I dont think we have large sums of money to spend like many of the bloggers on here. We still have to pay Forte and several of our own FAs so our pile of money shrinks fast, so we will have to address offense in the draft also. The way I see it ; we get a #1 WR, a second tier WR, a depth LB in free agency. Then we draft;

OT in round 1

WR in round 2

CB in round 3a

DE in round 3b

LB in round 4

Really? So getting a solid T, a good WR, keeping the TE and RB, and signing a middle tier WR in FA is impossible, while drafting a CB, DE, DT, S, and LB is equally as difficult?

I really haven't seen this being available in FA, unless new names have appeared.

I didn't mean a starting T, although Jared Gaither, Marcus McNeil (when he's cut), and Demetrius Bell are all starting quality T's. I meant a solid backup to the T's now, like what Omiyale was, assuming they cut him. The first guy who comes to mind is Anthony Collins. He played OK for Cincy when he was asked to play and is only 26.

I didn't mean a starting T, although Jared Gaither, Marcus McNeil (when he's cut), and Demetrius Bell are all starting quality T's. I meant a solid backup to the T's now, like what Omiyale was, assuming they cut him. The first guy who comes to mind is Anthony Collins. He played OK for Cincy when he was asked to play and is only 26.

I think we need a starter at LT, and you did mention the only options. I dont think any of them will come cheap. I am refering to not enough money to sign all that we need. The Chargers will be bidding to bring back Gaither. Bell will cost and if McNiel proves to be healthy , people will pay to get him.

I think we need a starter at LT, and you did mention the only options. I dont think any of them will come cheap. I am refering to not enough money to sign all that we need. The Chargers will be bidding to bring back Gaither. Bell will cost and if McNiel proves to be healthy , people will pay to get him.

And why is it that you don't think the Bears can pay any of these guys?