RUMOR MILL

GakMan23

Here is some recent rumors going around. I would like to see the Bears get an upgrade to the Nick Roach position. Depending on the money being spent to do so as we have alot bigger needs of course. :)

Bears | May have interest in David Hawthorne

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:23:36 -0800

The Chicago Bears could show interest in Seattle Seahawks impending free-agent LB David Hawthorne because his ability to play all three linebacker positions in a 4-3 defensive alignment.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: ESPNChicago.com - Michael C. Wright

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bears | May show interest in Lofa Tatupu

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:23:00 -0800

The Chicago Bears could show interest in free-agent LB Lofa Tatupu (Seahawks) this offseason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1mUWcSE1V

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some recent rumors going around. I would like to see the Bears get an upgrade to the Nick Roach position. Depending on the money being spent to do so as we have alot bigger needs of course. :)

Bears | May have interest in David Hawthorne

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:23:36 -0800

The Chicago Bears could show interest in Seattle Seahawks impending free-agent LB David Hawthorne because his ability to play all three linebacker positions in a 4-3 defensive alignment.

Bears | May show interest in Lofa Tatupu

Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:23:00 -0800

The Chicago Bears could show interest in free-agent LB Lofa Tatupu (Seahawks) this offseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1mUWcSE1V

I am not sure that is a rumor, it is a writer with nothing else to do but say a obivious statement we need an upgrade.

I am not sure that is a rumor, it is a writer with nothing else to do but say a obivious statement we need an upgrade.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Per the definition of a rumor, those would be called rumors.

Definition of RUMOR

: talk or opinion widely disseminated with no discernible source

: a statement or report current without known authority for its truth

Bears | Could show interest in Brandon Carr, Brent Grimes

Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:23:37 -0800

The Chicago Bears may decide to pursue Kansas City Chiefs impending free-agent CB Brandon Carr and Atlanta Falcons impending free-agent CB Brent Grimes this offseason because general manager Phil Emery has worked with them in the past.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPNChicago.com - Michael C. Wright

Bears | Could lose three CBs in free agency

Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:19:41 -0800

The Chicago Bears could lose impending free agent CBs Tim Jennings, Zackary Bowman and Corey Graham this offseason because each likely will receive interest from other teams.

Comment (0) | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: ESPNChicago.com - Michael C. Wright

I hope they upgrade the CB position, it is needed badly. Graham is the only one I want back and it's not to play corner.

http://www.nfl.com/player/brandoncarr/4365/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/brentgrimes/2506861/profile

Despite various reports, the poster on ChicagoBears.com who is supposedly exceptional at figuring out cap space, indicates the Bears have $46.834 mill in cap room. This includes approximately $8M in rollover capspace. This figure differs significantly from the media reported 20M. In years past, the cap guy on the Bears site (forums) has been very accurate. The question would be whether he is missing something in the new CBA.

Despite various reports, the poster on ChicagoBears.com who is supposedly exceptional at figuring out cap space, indicates the Bears have $46.834 mill in cap room. This includes approximately $8M in rollover capspace. This figure differs significantly from the media reported 20M. In years past, the cap guy on the Bears site (forums) has been very accurate. The question would be whether he is missing something in the new CBA.

Yeah I brought that up a few weeks ago. The guy obviously took his time to go through everything thoroughly enough to make it seem believable. All these writers are going off hear say and every number is different. Atleast with this, everything is documented with every players current and future salaries. I just don't see how there can be such a huge discrepancy between everyone.

The only think I am aware of is the cap rollover is only a percentage of the amount and DOES NOT carry over the total amount. Uncertain if 50% or something close to that. There is no way we have 46 mill, in cap space, sounds like somebody is day dreaming with that figure. I have read in many different reports and seems to be between 20 and 25 mill.

Is that guy still using a $140 million cap number? He's the only one anywhere I've seen say it would be that highl

Huh. Most everything I have seen has indicated the cap will be set around 120M (a little higher actually) for the 2012 season.

And most of the stuff I've seen has said that the Bears are somewhere close to $100 million committed, giving them $20 million or so under next year's cap plus a good chunk in "Carry over", however the rules work on each part.

And most of the stuff I've seen has said that the Bears are somewhere close to $100 million committed, giving them $20 million or so under next year's cap plus a good chunk in "Carry over", however the rules work on each part.

He is indicating they have more like 80 M committed. Not sure who is right but I know in years past the media reported one thing and he ended up being right. So he has a history of being pretty darn accurate. I read this week where the Saints media was indicating there payroll was at 110M or so. Than all of a sudden, it came out that they actually were about 10-12M less than that. So don't be 100% that the media does a better job than some of these guys that grab all the details.

Basically one person in the media spouts something and everyone else latches to it. I don't know what is right but there have been a ton of people looking through this guys numbers and everything seems to be pretty vetted.

Let's say this then. If the Bears are close to $40 million available, then they ought to pull off both a top flight WR and one of the top flight DE's from the market, in addition to some CB depth and maybe one of the available OT's. But they ought to be able to get at least 2 stars there, and the WR and DE would make the biggest impact from the available guys.

Let's say this then. If the Bears are close to $40 million available, then they ought to pull off both a top flight WR and one of the top flight DE's from the market, in addition to some CB depth and maybe one of the available OT's. But they ought to be able to get at least 2 stars there, and the WR and DE would make the biggest impact from the available guys.

I found a website that lists 2012 player cap hits for the Bears. It doesnt list all the fringe players and practice squad players. Just main roster and it comes to 92 mill. so I would say to add 5 to 7 mill to accomidate the ones not listed. so with a percentage of roll over from 2011 we have between between 24 to 28 mill to spend if the cap is at 120. I researched this all afternoon, because it bugs me that people get on here and say we have 40 mill available.IT AINT TRUE The. IF we cut Omiyale and Barber that would save us 5.8 million. So it could be a little higher. and by the way Hesters cap hit next year is 7.4 mill.(how lame is that) We need to redo his contract. My suggestion would be to draft Wright with the 1st pick and cut him. He can return kicks.

Forte will cost 8 mill

Davis, Graham, Bell, McCown,Idonije,Steltz, will cost 7 mill

Rookie pool around 5 mill

Top flight WR 7 to 9 mill

That blows our budget right there. Now if we let go of Wooten, Barber, Omiyale, J.T. Thomas(drugs) it will save us 6 mill.

So we need to sign another WR, CB, DE, dont look like we can afford any big names with the money we have left over. I suggest Royal/WR 1 mill, Routt/CB 2 mill, Mathis 4 mill(he made 5 last year and will need to pay him close to that)

I found a website that lists 2012 player cap hits for the Bears. It doesnt list all the fringe players and practice squad players. Just main roster and it comes to 92 mill. so I would say to add 5 to 7 mill to accomidate the ones not listed. so with a percentage of roll over from 2011 we have between between 24 to 28 mill to spend if the cap is at 120. I researched this all afternoon, because it bugs me that people get on here and say we have 40 mill available.IT AINT TRUE The. IF we cut Omiyale and Barber that would save us 5.8 million. So it could be a little higher. and by the way Hesters cap hit next year is 7.4 mill.(how lame is that) We need to redo his contract. My suggestion would be to draft Wright with the 1st pick and cut him. He can return kicks.

Forte will cost 8 mill

That blows our budget right there. Now if we let go of Wooten, Barber, Omiyale, J.T. Thomas(drugs) it will save us 6 mill.

So we need to sign another WR, CB, DE, dont look like we can afford any big names with the money we have left over. I suggest Royal/WR 1 mill, Routt/CB 2 mill, Mathis 4 mill(he made 5 last year and will need to pay him close to that)

The Bears are only committed to 82,196,000 in total salary and have a 8,280,000 2011 cap rollover. If the cap number for this year is 120,750,000 we will have an estimate of about $46.834 mill. I'd be interested in seeing that website you are "researching" because on the Bears board it lists all of the players that the Bears are committed to paying. Not sure how it can really be disputed. The only thing that can be is the estimated cap but the guy has done his homework on the new CBA and has been right more often than not. That number will probably go down to about 20 mil after Matt Forte signs his tender and the Bears re-sign some of their own as well as their rookies.

The Bears are only committed to 82,196,000 in total salary and have a 8,280,000 2011 cap rollover. If the cap number for this year is 120,750,000 we will have an estimate of about $46.834 mill. I'd be interested in seeing that website you are "researching" because on the Bears board it lists all of the players that the Bears are committed to paying. Not sure how it can really be disputed. The only thing that can be is the estimated cap but the guy has done his homework on the new CBA and has been right more often than not. That number will probably go down to about 20 mil after Matt Forte signs his tender and the Bears re-sign some of their own as well as their rookies.

You do realize the base salary and cap hit are two different figures? I double checked the figures off the website and 92523500. As I stated that doent include some of the fringe players but could very well have been on 1 year deals. I am not exact with all the info, but am close to what it might be.

You do realize the base salary and cap hit are two different figures? I double checked the figures off the website and 92523500. As I stated that doent include some of the fringe players but could very well have been on 1 year deals. I am not exact with all the info, but am close to what it might be.

Yes but that only accounts for players that are cut while they are still under contract. That doesn't have any effect on the salary commitment to a given player that's still with the team. Do you have a link to the website your looking at? I'd like to compare it to what's on the CBMB.

Forte will cost 8 mill

Supposedly some research was done on Hester's cap hit and most of the listing weren't correct. I can't even pretend that this is accurate. Basically put, I think the 44 number is probably a bit high, but after the Bears clean up some space on Omilaye and others, I think they will be close to 36M or so. Which actually should give the Bears quite a bit of flexibility. I'd like to extend Melton, work out a fair deal for Idonijie, Graham, Bell, Steltz and McCown (as you talk about). Forte should be somewhere around 6-8 M (depending on whether you franchise him or sign him long term). After you do that, even if you think 8 & 8, that is 16M. That would leave the Bears with about 18M to address some other areas. That should be enough money to sign one guy to a big time deal (even potentially 2). Or you could sign one guy to a big time deal and add quite a few other quality starters.