JC6

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Anyone need a quick smile and chuckle?

http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?...4293&st=100

I still get goosebumps. Going back to page 160-170, I can't believe some of those putrid mock drafts we all made too.

Anyway, it's time FINALLY to surround him with some talent. Do it, Emery.

Haha. I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing at the time the deal went down. I was sitting in my English 101 class and got a text from someone saying "Bears got Cutler" I actually took it as a joke and didn't think much of it until I had another class during the night and logged onto the computer just to check and as soon as I saw Chicago Bears.com my body went into a state that I can't even describe. I immediately got up and left because I couldn't wait another minute to celebrate. It was an amazing feeling.

The most interesting part of that entire thread:

Hopefully this will motivate them to do a little more in FA. Maybe go after Holt/Harrison or even get Pace.

Almost three years ago and neither the LT nor WR position has been addressed. The sad part is, it has been longer than that. The need was known for so long, but it kept getting ignored and having bandaids thrown on each. No wonder JA got his ass canned.

Almost three years ago and neither the LT nor WR position has been addressed. The sad part is, it has been longer than that. The need was known for so long, but it kept getting ignored and having bandaids thrown on each. No wonder JA got his ass canned.

I like how Pace was in fact actually acquired.

And had they made any of those moves (in fact they did with Pace), they wouldn't even have been better off.

I like how Pace was in fact actually acquired.

Yeah, the name drop was kind of interesting because he was added as an aging player with a great past, we all had lots of hope, and he wasn't effective. And at the time, just about everyone was in favor of him being signed. Kind of like a current situation.

And had they made any of those moves (in fact they did with Pace), they wouldn't even have been better off.

What do you mean by this? How can you know what would have happened if a player was signed or drafted in this hypothetical situation you have declared unsuccessful?

What do you mean by this? How can you know what would have happened if a player was signed or drafted in this hypothetical situation you have declared unsuccessful?

I'm pretty sure that Pace stunk with the Bears. I'm also pretty sure that Marvin Harrison almost immediately retired and Torri Holt never did anything (due to being old and past his prime). Ya, I'm not going to live in these wonderland scenarios that they would have been amazing with the Bears. If they would have been amazing with the Bears (or even good), they would have gotten plenty of offers. These aren't projects we are talking about, they are veteran wideouts that were some of the best in the game, and unfortunately past there prime.

I'm not going to live in some dream world where had the Bears signed Holt, he would have still had a few 1000 yard seasons.

I'm pretty sure that Pace stunk with the Bears. I'm also pretty sure that Marvin Harrison almost immediately retired and Torri Holt never did anything (due to being old and past his prime). Ya, I'm not going to live in these wonderland scenarios that they would have been amazing with the Bears. If they would have been amazing with the Bears (or even good), they would have gotten plenty of offers. These aren't projects we are talking about, they are veteran wideouts that were some of the best in the game, and unfortunately past there prime.

I'm not going to live in some dream world where had the Bears signed Holt, he would have still had a few 1000 yard seasons.

That's the kind of close-minded thinking the Bears' front office doesn't need. When desperate situations present themselves, you must open your mind to all possible scenarios for improvement. It's funny that the Bears wouldn't take that kind of chance, and many Bears fans support that restrictive mindset, yet the team many of us wish we could be (i.e. New England) signed Holt to a 1-year, 1.7mil contract. It wasn't necessarily Holt's performance that ended his career; it was a knee injury. The year before he had 51 catches for 722 yards, was the second leading WR, and could have easily done the same thing on a Bears team whose leading WR was Devin Hester - who many on this board want to stop playing WR - with 57 catches.

Sorry, but the only dream world is the one in which he wouldn't have helped the Bears.

I'm sure people said similar things about Pace.

Probably, but the difference is that Holt actually did perform after he became a free agent. He wasn't an all pro, but he was a steady #2 WR that the Bears could have used just as well. Pace just plain sucked.