Poll for WR

madlithuanian

Which WR Do you want on the Bears?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR Do you want on the Bears?

• Bowe
    • V-Jack
    • Marshall
    • Top Draft choice
    • Randy Moss (for jason) ;)
    • Colston
    • Meachum
    • Manningham
    • Other
    • Ditka (sorry...couldn't resist)

I want Bowe but he'll probably get the tag placed on him, Vincent Jackson won't get tagged again, he'll be available but he'd be my 3rd option after Marcus Colston. Colston is a big target for Cutler and a nice possession receiver. Jackson has more upside but he's 29 and is known to be not the most motivated guy in the world. Not to mention, injury prone. I don't see Brandon Marshall as a realistic option because the Dolphins have no reason to trade him. Assuming Bowe isn't available, my ideal scenario is getting Colston and Kendall Wright in the draft. The more I see of Wright the more I like him. He's got Steve Smith type of talent. Smallish receiver but has the courage to go over the middle and the speed to beat you deep. And unlike Knox and Hester, he can actually catch the ball and run good routes.

I want Bowe but he'll probably get the tag placed on him, Vincent Jackson won't get tagged again, he'll be available but he'd be my 3rd option after Marcus Colston. Colston is a big target for Cutler and a nice possession receiver. Jackson has more upside but he's 29 and is known to be not the most motivated guy in the world. Not to mention, injury prone. I don't see Brandon Marshall as a realistic option because the Dolphins have no reason to trade him. Assuming Bowe isn't available, my ideal scenario is getting Colston and Kendall Wright in the draft. The more I see of Wright the more I like him. He's got Steve Smith type of talent. Smallish receiver but has the courage to go over the middle and the speed to beat you deep. And unlike Knox and Hester, he can actually catch the ball and run good routes.

Not a fan of Colston. IIRC, he's injury prone as well, and he may just be a product of the Saints' system. But, if they signed a guy like him and drafted Wright, I'd be pretty content, I suppose. I'd rather it be Jackson though.

I had actually thought Desean Jackson would have been the most realistic target. I'm still surprised Philly is spending the coin to franchise him despite the beef Desean and the Eagles had. I even started thinking about it and had came to the conclusion that you pair Desean with Floyd (or another 1st round wide-out) and Bennett and that is a pretty talented set of 3 wide-outs. Plus, they all provide different skill-sets.

Bowe is the guy I want the most.

I think the fear most have w/ DeSean is that he's a little too similar to what we've had... Fast, small. Much better than what we've had, but still a bit too similar that he's not a big target.

I had actually thought Desean Jackson would have been the most realistic target. I'm still surprised Philly is spending the coin to franchise him despite the beef Desean and the Eagles had. I even started thinking about it and had came to the conclusion that you pair Desean with Floyd (or another 1st round wide-out) and Bennett and that is a pretty talented set of 3 wide-outs. Plus, they all provide different skill-sets.

Bowe is the guy I want the most.

Guest TerraTor

Where is Stevie?

Bowe is best on that board. VJack trailing 2nd

Colston is decent

I got no interest in Manningham, Meachum (really), and they wont trade Marshall.

I don't think it's an either/or situation. To me, the ideal situation is one of each of the following:

A. V-Jax/Bowe

B. Moss/TO

C. 2nd/3rd rounder

That way the Bears have nabbed a legit #1 with years left, taken a chance on a guy who has shown a history of dominance and could put up good numbers, and addressed the position with the future in mind.

Are you saying both V-Jack and Bowe? I somehow think that that's seriously improbable....

I don't think it's an either/or situation. To me, the ideal situation is one of each of the following:

A. V-Jax/Bowe

B. Moss/TO

C. 2nd/3rd rounder

That way the Bears have nabbed a legit #1 with years left, taken a chance on a guy who has shown a history of dominance and could put up good numbers, and addressed the position with the future in mind.

Are you saying both V-Jack and Bowe? I somehow think that that's seriously improbable....

No, I'm saying one each from the menu. Like a pu-pu platter of WRs.

Either Jax or Bowe

AND

Either TO or Moss

AND

Either 2nd or 3rd round

Combos could be...

Jax, TO, 2nd

Jax, Moss, 3rd

Bowe, TO, 2nd

Bowe, Moss, 3rd

...and so on.

No, I'm saying one each from the menu. Like a pu-pu platter of WRs.

Either Jax or Bowe

AND

Either TO or Moss

AND

Either 2nd or 3rd round

Combos could be...

Jax, TO, 2nd

Jax, Moss, 3rd

Bowe, TO, 2nd

Bowe, Moss, 3rd

...and so on.

Moss is a bad idea , but I get the argument, but, TO is just plan stupid.

Ive said this before and my thoughts are like Jason's.

Bowe/VJax first choices

Colston/SJohnson second tier

If those guys are gone then:

Meachum but trade up to get Floyd in RD1

Meachum

Bennett

Floyd

Moss/Owens-I really can't see this and how one will get enough snaps

Hester

Sanzenbacher

Ive said this before and my thoughts are like Jason's.

Bowe/VJax first choices

Colston/SJohnson second tier

If those guys are gone then:

Meachum but trade up to get Floyd in RD1

Meachum

Bennett

Floyd

Moss/Owens-I really can't see this and how one will get enough snaps

Hester

Sanzenbacher

Have you ever seen Robert Meachem play? He would not be the #1. If anything, he'd be the #4 with those guys you have, because Cutler would throw to Bennett, Floyd, and Moss/TO more. Meachem is a solid WR but if he was only "solid" in the Saints' offense, it makes me wonder if he'd even be average in this offense.

Now, Bennett, Jackson/Johnson, and Kendall Wright? That would be f***ing outstanding.

I voted for Colston, not because he's my first choice but rather because I think he's the choice that makes the most sense in terms of 1) likely to be a FA 2) Salary. I think Bowe and VJack will command a higher salary by quite a bit and while I'd rather have either before Colston I don't think we lose a lot by going after Colston. He's a big target who has proven he can go up and get the ball in traffic, something we need.

The more I look at it the talent at WR in the draft doesn't seem to drop off a lot going into the second round. Add in a good WR in either the first or second rd of the draft and a use the change leftover from Colston's lower contract to sign a second tier FA WR and we have a significant upgrade in the WR corps.

Have you ever seen Robert Meachem play? He would not be the #1. If anything, he'd be the #4 with those guys you have, because Cutler would throw to Bennett, Floyd, and Moss/TO more. Meachem is a solid WR but if he was only "solid" in the Saints' offense, it makes me wonder if he'd even be average in this offense.

Now, Bennett, Jackson/Johnson, and Kendall Wright? That would be f***ing outstanding.

Your right on on accounts. I am starting to like Wright more and more, and with a FA big WR, we dont need to draft one.