How Emery's offseason could go

ASHKUM BEAR

Emery has evaluated his new team and he see's what needs to be done to not just win a Superbowl, but build a dynasty.

First in order, he gets the FA Bears signed right away that he doesn't want to hesitate on

Matt Forte

Corey Graham

Greg Steltz

Amobi Okoye

Kahil Bell

He will keep a close eye on: Kellen Davis, Israel Idonje, and Brandon Merriweather but hold until after the draft

Second is to make the splash in the market....with 15-22 million to spend PE thinks BIG

Vincent Jackson WR -Bowe will get the franchise tag if he don't sign long term, KC has lots of cap space. Jackson won't be franchised, but will weigh his options before going back to SD to play catch with Rivers. This is were the Bears will have to give the Peppers treatment. Jackson may like the weather and his QB's arm, but the Bears can promise him more. We can promise him that with his hard work he can go anywhere he wants in his career. He has a QB that can deliver the ball, fans that will bronze him into a statue, a large market to capitalize on income, a city you can play in with other big name stars, and a team that is close to winning it all. I think the Bears can win him over SD and he will be our prize catch.

Kyle Orton QB - Orton will be back in Chicago unless he feels he has a better chance of being a starter with another club. He has inquired with some Bears about their thoughts of him coming back and they are encouraging him to rejoin the club. I don't see him starting anywhere unless he goes back to Denver.

Cortland Finnegan CB - He can play the Bears style D and can bring some nasty with him. The Bears lack Nasty until Urlacher gets pissed and I've only seen that once against ARZ on the SB run.

Third is to find the best players in the draft with out reaching or hoping on they overcome an injury

RD1 - Andre Branch DE 6-4 258 the Left Tackles and Floyd are off the board. DE is a big need and that's why I think the Bears hold off on resigning Idonje. Branch has size and explosion to get after the QB and can also play the run. Branch will grow off of Peppers and they will havoc opposing lines for years

RD2 - Coby Fleener TE 6-6 350 with 3 WR's (Jackson,Bennett, Hester) the Bears don't need to go high on WR I have Jeffries still on the board, but they opt for TE. Fleener has size like Kellen Davis but with more talent. He is athletic and has top speed that will give him seperation and be a huge target in the endzone to go with Jackson. Davis can also be brought back if the price is right.

RD3 - Dwight Jones WR 6-4 225 With Jones still on the board, the Bears can build a "SD" style receiving core. Jones is another big target the Bears can groom because with guys like Jackson,Hester, and Bennett you never know when they will be out with injury

RD3 - Cliff Harris CB/PR 5-11 180 - Harris is an electric playmaker that missed most of this season because of law issues for driving on a suspended license. If he would have played this season, he'd be talked about going RD1. The Bears need to keep the ST alive if Hester goes down and Harris can fill that right off the bat while competing for CB/Nickelback.

RD4 - Mitchell Schwartz OLT 6-5 317 - Schwartz had a nice senior bowl and showed he has the mobility and size to play OLT. Tice can groom him to compete with Webb and they can send OMG out the door to save cap space.

RD5 - Jordan White WR 6-0 212 - White led the NCAA in receptions and yards and 2nd in TD's. Another talent to groom and he'll compete with Sanzenbacher for the final WR spot.

RD6- Chris Marve ILB 6-2 232 - Good speed and instincts and fits a cover 2 defense

RD7 - Demario Davis OLB 6-3 231 - A great LB in the Sun Belt Conference and athletic.

Out of the draft, the Bears filled some big needs. They hoped for Mike Adams OLT to last until 19 but were able to fill another hole at DE. They feel they have added 3 guys that can contribute right away and have added guys that can compete for depth. Since no major holes were filled in the oline, I think they may bring in McNeil if he gets cut for a look.

Branch is probably a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE. I'm not super high on Fleener, either, especially in round 2. I love Jordan White. "He's not fast enough" my ass. What did Larry Fitzgerald run at the combine? White has hands of glue. Sanzenbacher sucks and White would instantly take his spot.

Agree on Bears FA's, except Meriweather. He plays like a moron and sucks anyway. I would love Orton but I could see a team who misses out on Luck, Griffin and Manning, like Seattle, to sign him as their starter. Also, Urlacher is in his last year of his deal, so look for an extension there, too.

I wouldn't mind Finnegan, but he's older and I think he goes to St Louis with Jeff Fisher.

Branch is probably a 3-4 OLB, not a 4-3 DE. I'm not super high on Fleener, either, especially in round 2. I love Jordan White. "He's not fast enough" my ass. What did Larry Fitzgerald run at the combine? White has hands of glue. Sanzenbacher sucks and White would instantly take his spot.

Agree on Bears FA's, except Meriweather. He plays like a moron and sucks anyway. I would love Orton but I could see a team who misses out on Luck, Griffin and Manning, like Seattle, to sign him as their starter. Also, Urlacher is in his last year of his deal, so look for an extension there, too.

I wouldn't mind Finnegan, but he's older and I think he goes to St Louis with Jeff Fisher.

-I haven't heard much about Branch being looked at as a 3-4 OLB. Maybe Ingram will be there instead?

-Fleener or Orson Charles, I'd try TE RD2 if we land VJax/Bowe. Charles is smaller with more speed.

-I'd love to see Jordan White RD5, but a good combine might destroy that

-Ortons heart is in Chi, but he knows he won't start. They say go with your heart lol!

-I hope they extend Urlacher and maybe if Briggs too if he is a good boy

-I just pointed out they will keep an eye on Meriweather but not necessarily sign him. We may need him as depth

-Finnegan can still play, but like you said may decide to follow fischer

Emery has evaluated his new team and he see's what needs to be done to not just win a Superbowl, but build a dynasty.

First in order, he gets the FA Bears signed right away that he doesn't want to hesitate on

Matt Forte

Corey Graham

Greg Steltz

Amobi Okoye

Kahil Bell

He will keep a close eye on: Kellen Davis, Israel Idonje, and Brandon Merriweather but hold until after the draft

Second is to make the splash in the market....with 15-22 million to spend PE thinks BIG

Vincent Jackson WR -Bowe will get the franchise tag if he don't sign long term, KC has lots of cap space. Jackson won't be franchised, but will weigh his options before going back to SD to play catch with Rivers. This is were the Bears will have to give the Peppers treatment. Jackson may like the weather and his QB's arm, but the Bears can promise him more. We can promise him that with his hard work he can go anywhere he wants in his career. He has a QB that can deliver the ball, fans that will bronze him into a statue, a large market to capitalize on income, a city you can play in with other big name stars, and a team that is close to winning it all. I think the Bears can win him over SD and he will be our prize catch.

Kyle Orton QB - Orton will be back in Chicago unless he feels he has a better chance of being a starter with another club. He has inquired with some Bears about their thoughts of him coming back and they are encouraging him to rejoin the club. I don't see him starting anywhere unless he goes back to Denver.

Cortland Finnegan CB - He can play the Bears style D and can bring some nasty with him. The Bears lack Nasty until Urlacher gets pissed and I've only seen that once against ARZ on the SB run.

Third is to find the best players in the draft with out reaching or hoping on they overcome an injury

RD1 - Andre Branch DE 6-4 258 the Left Tackles and Floyd are off the board. DE is a big need and that's why I think the Bears hold off on resigning Idonje. Branch has size and explosion to get after the QB and can also play the run. Branch will grow off of Peppers and they will havoc opposing lines for years

RD2 - Coby Fleener TE 6-6 350 with 3 WR's (Jackson,Bennett, Hester) the Bears don't need to go high on WR I have Jeffries still on the board, but they opt for TE. Fleener has size like Kellen Davis but with more talent. He is athletic and has top speed that will give him seperation and be a huge target in the endzone to go with Jackson. Davis can also be brought back if the price is right.

RD3 - Dwight Jones WR 6-4 225 With Jones still on the board, the Bears can build a "SD" style receiving core. Jones is another big target the Bears can groom because with guys like Jackson,Hester, and Bennett you never know when they will be out with injury

RD3 - Cliff Harris CB/PR 5-11 180 - Harris is an electric playmaker that missed most of this season because of law issues for driving on a suspended license. If he would have played this season, he'd be talked about going RD1. The Bears need to keep the ST alive if Hester goes down and Harris can fill that right off the bat while competing for CB/Nickelback.

RD4 - Mitchell Schwartz OLT 6-5 317 - Schwartz had a nice senior bowl and showed he has the mobility and size to play OLT. Tice can groom him to compete with Webb and they can send OMG out the door to save cap space.

RD5 - Jordan White WR 6-0 212 - White led the NCAA in receptions and yards and 2nd in TD's. Another talent to groom and he'll compete with Sanzenbacher for the final WR spot.

RD6- Chris Marve ILB 6-2 232 - Good speed and instincts and fits a cover 2 defense

RD7 - Demario Davis OLB 6-3 231 - A great LB in the Sun Belt Conference and athletic.

Out of the draft, the Bears filled some big needs. They hoped for Mike Adams OLT to last until 19 but were able to fill another hole at DE. They feel they have added 3 guys that can contribute right away and have added guys that can compete for depth. Since no major holes were filled in the oline, I think they may bring in McNeil if he gets cut for a look.

I agree with our own FAs except we will bring back Davis and Idonje, they will be less expensive than what else we can bring in. Brandon Merriweather sucks and shouldnt even be a thought. I would like Orton but think his price taq may be to rich for our team. Finnegan will cost to much but would be nice. So I would grab Jackson thats 8 to 9mill.

Try to sign Rutt/CB-he was terrible last year, but a bigger corner than could play better in our scheme

Try to sign Mathis/DE-an upgrade and will be a cheaper addition for the position

Sign Royal/WR-I think we need a major upgrade at Wr and maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle and will be inexpensive

You did not address the OL position soon enough with your projections and I think OLT is actually the biggest need we should address along with WR

So in the draft;

Hopefully Adams/OT will be there in the first round

Another WR-Would like Wright-we have our big guy in Jackson/Sanu-Criner-Toon

3a-Minnifield?CB- we need to upgrade at CB-big time

3b-Zeitler/OG-we need to repair the OL

4-Cole/ILB-productive LB in college and can play multi-positions

5-Green/TE-we need to add a down field pass catcher.

I dont think we can address all our needs in one off season but we have added WRs and OLinemen (a must) a couple CBs and a decent DE in Mathis.There are other players I would prefer but dont think we have enough cap space to get them.

I agree with our own FAs except we will bring back Davis and Idonje, they will be less expensive than what else we can bring in. Brandon Merriweather sucks and shouldnt even be a thought. I would like Orton but think his price taq may be to rich for our team. Finnegan will cost to much but would be nice. So I would grab Jackson thats 8 to 9mill.

Try to sign Rutt/CB-he was terrible last year, but a bigger corner than could play better in our scheme

Try to sign Mathis/DE-an upgrade and will be a cheaper addition for the position

Sign Royal/WR-I think we need a major upgrade at Wr and maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle and will be inexpensive

You did not address the OL position soon enough with your projections and I think OLT is actually the biggest need we should address along with WR

So in the draft;

Hopefully Adams/OT will be there in the first round

Another WR-Would like Wright-we have our big guy in Jackson/Sanu-Criner-Toon

3a-Minnifield?CB- we need to upgrade at CB-big time

3b-Zeitler/OG-we need to repair the OL

4-Cole/ILB-productive LB in college and can play multi-positions

5-Green/TE-we need to add a down field pass catcher.

I dont think we can address all our needs in one off season but we have added WRs and OLinemen (a must) a couple CBs and a decent DE in Mathis.There are other players I would prefer but dont think we have enough cap space to get them.

I think you are on with OT. Carimi has a knee that worries me on top of Webb.

I think you are on with OT. Carimi has a knee that worries me on top of Webb.

I would still be disappointed if the Bears went into the draft with major needs at WR and at OT. If nothing else happens, those need satisfied partially in free agency. I don't know if they'll want a starter or not, that's going to be up to Tice and Emery to decide what they are doing with Webb and Carimi, but "Cutting Omiyale and not finding a replacement" would be unacceptable.

I would still be disappointed if the Bears went into the draft with major needs at WR and at OT. If nothing else happens, those need satisfied partially in free agency. I don't know if they'll want a starter or not, that's going to be up to Tice and Emery to decide what they are doing with Webb and Carimi, but "Cutting Omiyale and not finding a replacement" would be unacceptable.

I agree, the Bears have to address OL and WR in Free Agency. That doesn't mean they won't draft in those areas, but those areas are huge needs that can't be filled with just the draft.

Guest TerraTor

Resign Matty, Steltz, Graham, Okoye

2. Fleener - reminds me alot of Gronkowski, size and speed very similar. Only 34 catches but 19yrd per and 10TDs. Since we are late 2nd, may not be bad

3a. Jones - If he is there I would be ecstatic..

Iffy

Cortland Finnegan

VJack - Only way I would be happy is if Bowe gets tagged

Orton - don't care much either way. I'd keep McCown

Dislikes

1. Branch - not interested at all (at least not at 19) - If Floyd was gone, I would go Kendall Wright(with Vjack) or Best OLB available (be cool if Upshaw) and Zack Brown was there too

3b. Harris - a 5'11 168lb corner who has no self control

No Free Agent OL? I would make a huge push for Ben Grubbs

I agree, the Bears have to address OL and WR in Free Agency. That doesn't mean they won't draft in those areas, but those areas are huge needs that can't be filled with just the draft.

The best position for the Bears to be in would be to cover the 2 biggest needs (OT and WR) in free agency, then add decent players in a couple of the other spots (CB, DE, OLB, extra WR or TE), so that they go into the draft still having roles that can be filled, but no single position that they're desperate to address. That way, they can just draft BPA in their picks, and that's a formula to rebuilding the roster once the veterans on D start retiring.

The best position for the Bears to be in would be to cover the 2 biggest needs (OT and WR) in free agency, then add decent players in a couple of the other spots (CB, DE, OLB, extra WR or TE), so that they go into the draft still having roles that can be filled, but no single position that they're desperate to address. That way, they can just draft BPA in their picks, and that's a formula to rebuilding the roster once the veterans on D start retiring.

The problem is you dont have many options at OLT. I would prefer a vet to a rookie, but there are only 3 legitmate options, Bell/Buff-McNiel/Charg and Gaither/Charg. All three have question marks, but would like one of them and still draft someone fairly high. I dont want to pinned to one player having to be good, I want two options are key positions.