How much will a FA WR cost?

Stinger226

Honestly, I couldn't give a s*** what Jerry Rice says. His English is on par with Emmitt Smith's, and so he might just be illiterate. He also claimed Wes Welker is a "terrific work product," whatever that means. Oh, and he called Marques Colston "Mar-keez Colston." I understand he's the greatest WR of all time, but the fact that he thinks DeSean Jackson and Reggie Wayne are better FA options than Dwayne Bowe just proves how big of an idiot he truly is.

As for Wallace, I'll say pass. He'd be a great acquisition, but the Bears need big WR's, not another shorter/quick type. Plus, if they sign 2 WR's, then they can use that pick for a CB, DE, C, or OT, all of which are positions that the Bears need to get younger and better at.

I concur.I was watching him on NFL Live today and he had to constantly look down at his notes and struggled with names. He is absolutely awful.

I concur.I was watching him on NFL Live today and he had to constantly look down at his notes and struggled with names. He is absolutely awful.

Is he awful at evaluating WRs or is he awful at expressing himself on TV? I'm thinking he understands a few things about what it takes to play WR in the NFL and can see that on film. If he can't express his reasoning in a straightforward manner I'll just take the list. Again, he is not the only one I've heard critique Bowe. Let me be clear Bowe would instantly be the best WR on the Bears if we signed him and I'd be very happy with that.

Is he awful at evaluating WRs or is he awful at expressing himself on TV? I'm thinking he understands a few things about what it takes to play WR in the NFL and can see that on film. If he can't express his reasoning in a straightforward manner I'll just take the list. Again, he is not the only one I've heard critique Bowe. Let me be clear Bowe would instantly be the best WR on the Bears if we signed him and I'd be very happy with that.

I remember Hub saying a few years how terrible our wrs were when nobody else was, so he was dead on with that.

Jerry Rice is one of the most gifted WRs of all time but that doesn't make him an expert on WRs. Watching him hold on to a dying career at the end telss me he couldn't know that his own skills had declined. If compared to Chris Carter who also was very talented is much more precise and conveys his thoughts much better than Rice. I'll go out on a limb and say Michael Irvin sounds more intelligent and that should be a big enough insult.

Just because Jerry Rice was a great player doesn't mean he knows a lot about present day WR's. I would highly doubt that he took the time last year to watch 2-4 Saints, Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, and Chargers games to know what WR's are better than others. The fact that he has Wes Welker above Bowe is insane. Welker drops tons of passes and is a SLOT receiver. I would take Bowe over Welker, Jackson, or Colston any day.