CNN's Don Banks has us getting Floyd....

madlithuanian

Mad L I have looked at several mocks and I would have to say that 90% of them have the Bears taking Floyd. The only time this happened recently was when most draft experts had the Bears taking Chris Williams for what its worth if we are watching mock draft trends and the Bears. Well if we are watching trends of the team that Emery came from the Chiefs then we should look at how they have drafted. 5 out of their last 8 first rounders have been on defense. That puts KC in the same category with JA in terms of where the focus is. The 3 offensive players have been Jon Baldwin,Brandon Albert and DeWayne Bowe. The 5 defenders Eric Berry, Tyson Jackson,Glen Dorsey, Tamba Halli and Derrick Johnson. So this will be interesting to see where Emery will go.

Honestly, I don't put much stock in these mocks barring the top 5 picks. So much can go down after that... I'm not sure solely basing Emery's potential on what the Chiefs did is correct. He wasn't GM. He just had a say. I don't really know enough about this draft class (as usual) except Luck.

This off-season will be interesting, and I still think not as "telling" about Emery as most would like to think. To much is at play, like Smith's needs, closing windows, etc...to truly gauge where Emery's real mindset is. I won't believe anything he or the team says, so much is smokescreens and media-speak. I just want to think we have a good brain making decisions now.

I'm excited to see how FA plays out and how Emery's first draft plays out. I think we all are!

Mad L I have looked at several mocks and I would have to say that 90% of them have the Bears taking Floyd. The only time this happened recently was when most draft experts had the Bears taking Chris Williams for what its worth if we are watching mock draft trends and the Bears. Well if we are watching trends of the team that Emery came from the Chiefs then we should look at how they have drafted. 5 out of their last 8 first rounders have been on defense. That puts KC in the same category with JA in terms of where the focus is. The 3 offensive players have been Jon Baldwin,Brandon Albert and DeWayne Bowe. The 5 defenders Eric Berry, Tyson Jackson,Glen Dorsey, Tamba Halli and Derrick Johnson. So this will be interesting to see where Emery will go.

Honestly, I don't put much stock in these mocks barring the top 5 picks. So much can go down after that... I'm not sure solely basing Emery's potential on what the Chiefs did is correct. He wasn't GM. He just had a say. I don't really know enough about this draft class (as usual) except Luck.

This off-season will be interesting, and I still think not as "telling" about Emery as most would like to think. To much is at play, like Smith's needs, closing windows, etc...to truly gauge where Emery's real mindset is. I won't believe anything he or the team says, so much is smokescreens and media-speak. I just want to think we have a good brain making decisions now.

I'm excited to see how FA plays out and how Emery's first draft plays out. I think we all are!

True he wasn't GM but it seems his scouting area of expertise was the southeast. That was his area when he was here and I beliieve when he was with the Falcons and the Chiefs. When you look at Brandon Albert,Glenn Dorsey,Tyson Jackson and Eric Berry his area is well represented and shows his influence. Not to metion Roddy White also.

If they sign a #1 receiver, they need to look o-line or cb in the first round.

Peace :dabears

Possible. They could also go in with the idea of drafting a WR after getting a veteran FA to change one of their weaknesses into a strength. Colston and Wright would not be a bad combination. Neither would Bowe and Floyd, hypothetically speaking.

Possible. They could also go in with the idea of drafting a WR after getting a veteran FA to change one of their weaknesses into a strength. Colston and Wright would not be a bad combination. Neither would Bowe and Floyd, hypothetically speaking.

But then the question is, would that look good if the Bears have the same O-line. Or have only a 2nd round pick on the D-Line.

But then the question is, would that look good if the Bears have the same O-line. Or have only a 2nd round pick on the D-Line.

They'd still have 7 picks left to add a couple of offensive lineman in the draft if they wanted. Not alot out their in free agency for lineman unless we take a chance on McNeil, but that's assuming he can even pass a physical. No matter how you slice it, Emery is going to have to hit on alot of his early round picks this year for the Bears to start stockpiling some talent for the long haul. Alot of this should become more clear once free agency has come and gone.

Considering we likely need to upgrade the TE position, I can't image we would break the bank to sign a WR and then take one in the first round.

Considering we likely need to upgrade the TE position, I can't image we would break the bank to sign a WR and then take one in the first round.

I can see it if that's the way the draft unfolds (i.e. all the LTs are gone when we pick). I don't think there is anything wrong with having the vet WR anchor the corps now with the young guy developed to be that anchor in the future. Todays 40 times of Floyd and Wright may shake things up a bit.