Smells like a Smith pick....

madlithuanian

Very athletic. I'd say the Bears are far more likely to target end. It is supposed to be a really deep draft at the defensive tackle position though and the Bears opened up a spot when they cut Adams. However, I'd be quite surprised if they targeted a DT with one of our 1st 3 picks.

If we were running the old school Jauron system (w/Greg Blache), this guy would have been a perfect fit, but it looks like he is more of a 3-4 nose tackle than a typical 4-3 dt.

Very athletic. I'd say the Bears are far more likely to target end. It is supposed to be a really deep draft at the defensive tackle position though and the Bears opened up a spot when they cut Adams. However, I'd be quite surprised if they targeted a DT with one of our 1st 3 picks.

If we were running the old school Jauron system (w/Greg Blache), this guy would have been a perfect fit, but it looks like he is more of a 3-4 nose tackle than a typical 4-3 dt.

What's wrong with him, if Jr has that body and only was average in college.

What's wrong with him, if Jr has that body and only was average in college.

A lot of guys don't always match the production. It is why the draft is so hard. You have to weigh what you think players tools and abilities are with what there production is. Sometimes guys have zero production or limited production and break out. There are reasons for this (e.g.; new at football; played multiple positions, etc).

It is hard thing to do and it is why scouting can be so difficult.

I don't really think it smells like a Lovie pick. Dude is too big. And if he was that much of a beast, he would have shown himself much better at Memphis, not to mention before the combine.

Smells more like a combine warrior to me. I agree with Stinger; a guy that looks like he does and has the combine numbers he does, should have been much more productive in college. I'd have to also ask, "What's wrong with him?"

I guess more of my comment is generic..."fast DT as a first pick". I know they are not quite the same, but I just thought of Tommie Harris. They say our strength is predicated on that player, as Sapp was for TB. I wonder if the thought is that this guy could be "that guy". Not saying I want it per se...just more thinking that this is a scenario that would resemble a lot of what was done in the past. We now have Emery, so no one is certain the kind of sway Smith still wields...but given that he interviewed Emery, I imagine his sway is still pretty big.

I agree with your assessment on the guy...seems like a combine story only.

I just fear this kind of pick...ala pool jumping guy.

I don't really think it smells like a Lovie pick. Dude is too big. And if he was that much of a beast, he would have shown himself much better at Memphis, not to mention before the combine.

Smells more like a combine warrior to me. I agree with Stinger; a guy that looks like he does and has the combine numbers he does, should have been much more productive in college. I'd have to also ask, "What's wrong with him?"

I guess more of my comment is generic..."fast DT as a first pick". I know they are not quite the same, but I just thought of Tommie Harris. They say our strength is predicated on that player, as Sapp was for TB. I wonder if the thought is that this guy could be "that guy". Not saying I want it per se...just more thinking that this is a scenario that would resemble a lot of what was done in the past. We now have Emery, so no one is certain the kind of sway Smith still wields...but given that he interviewed Emery, I imagine his sway is still pretty big.

Pool jumping guy was in the 3rd round, IIRC. I don't like taking pure reaches (or physical tool picks) in the 1st round. There has to be some sort of production (or at least major reason for why they didn't produce) to take them super early (when compared to other guys).

OMG! This guy can jump out of a pool, too!!! We better start talking big money, first rounder contract with him right away. <_>