PFT's Bears "To Do" List....

madlithuanian

I like how defense was fifth out of five. As it should be. I doubt that's how Lovie sees it.

It was kinda of a copout lumping the defense all in one. Defensively they need 2 CBs, 1 DE, 1 DT, and 2 LBs. Cant get everything done in one year, so make the offense top 12 and get lucky with the defense.

It was kinda of a copout lumping the defense all in one. Defensively they need 2 CBs, 1 DE, 1 DT, and 2 LBs. Cant get everything done in one year, so make the offense top 12 and get lucky with the defense.

I agree with everything you said, but I still think defense has gotten the majority of attention for quite some time, and it's about time someone in the Bears' organization thought offense-offense-offense.

I'd love to see:

1. Forte resigned

2. Grubbs signed

3. Jackson signed

4. LT 1st round

5. WR 2nd round

And it's entirely possible.

Your plan would be a dream scenario.... Something tells me, we will fall short of it.

I agree with everything you said, but I still think defense has gotten the majority of attention for quite some time, and it's about time someone in the Bears' organization thought offense-offense-offense.

I'd love to see:

1. Forte resigned

2. Grubbs signed

3. Jackson signed

4. LT 1st round

5. WR 2nd round

I'd love to see:

1. Forte resigned

2. Grubbs signed

3. Jackson signed

4. LT 1st round

5. WR 2nd round

If the money worked i would like that FA and Draft. Then in the 3rd go D.

Honestly, that "Dream scenario" still leaves the Bears in a position where an extra LB and an extra DE would make a big difference. CB too.

At a certain point you have to start addressing the areas of biggest need. Picking up Jenkins in the first and Cam Johnson in the second round would certainly help, but OL and WR are obviously bigger needs. No matter what happens there are still going to be positions of need, and LB is nowhere near as needed at this point. Urlacher and Briggs are still all-pro, and Roach is serviceable. Hell, Roach is twice the OLB that Webb is LT.

At a certain point you have to start addressing the areas of biggest need. Picking up Jenkins in the first and Cam Johnson in the second round would certainly help, but OL and WR are obviously bigger needs. No matter what happens there are still going to be positions of need, and LB is nowhere near as needed at this point. Urlacher and Briggs are still all-pro, and Roach is serviceable. Hell, Roach is twice the OLB that Webb is LT.

But with both of those positions..."The bigger needs" have been at least partially addressed in free agency in that "Dream scenario". You spend substantial money on those positions, and suddenly you can't tell me that they're enormous needs afterwards.