GBN 3 Rounds Of Bear Picks

lemonej

1st Rd Jonathan Martin OT

2nd Rd Bobbie Massie OT

3rd Rd Juron Criner WR

3rd Rd Coryell Judie CB

I have a hard time believing that Martin will drop to 19 and that the Bears will spend 2 picks on OTs in the first 2 rounds but as usual most mock draftniks don't follow teams as well as the fans do on a daily basis.

2nd Rd Bobbie Massie OT

3rd Rd Juron Criner WR

3rd Rd Coryell Judie CB

I have a hard time believing that Martin will drop to 19 and that the Bears will spend 2 picks on OTs in the first 2 rounds but as usual most mock draftniks don't follow teams as well as the fans do on a daily basis.

Agreed. I'd think D in the second since we are getting old on that side of the ball.

2nd Rd Bobbie Massie OT

3rd Rd Juron Criner WR

3rd Rd Coryell Judie CB

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Awesome. But not really. I don't see the Bears getting TWO OTs. If they get one in the first round, and already have Carimi, there is no reason to get a third guy that highly rated. If it's OT in the first, it should be something else in the second. And there should be a bunch of WRs at that point.

2nd Rd Bobbie Massie OT

3rd Rd Juron Criner WR

3rd Rd Coryell Judie CB

If Martin is there, I would be surprised if the Bears didn't pikc him up. No way are they picking up 2 OT's though.

This is exactly why I posted this mock. You don't need to know Emery's MO to realize that he needs to help more than the OL. I like the idea of taking a WR in the 3rd but would rather have a first or a 2nd rd talent. I'm still intrigued with Rueben Randle and AJ Jenkins both of whom I think can be had in the 2nd. After the 1st rd the OT talent drops off and becomes more of a question mark.

If they didn't have Carimi, this would be a spectacular draft. Unfortunately, they do. I love the first pick, and I like Criner, but Massie will be a nice RT for a team that really needs one in round 2. Judie had a decent combine IIRC, so he would be a great pick that late.

Again, I'm going to hold off on the mocks until FA is over. If they sign a WR and DE, they can go LT, CB, DT, and S/WR in the first 3 rounds.

If I had to do this now before FA, here is what I think the Bears big board should look like:

Martin, OT, Stanford

Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

Jenkins, CB, N.Alabama

Adams, OT, Ohio State

Glenn, OL, Georgia

Barron, S, Alabama

Konz, C, Wisconsin

This is exactly why I posted this mock. You don't need to know Emery's MO to realize that he needs to help more than the OL. I like the idea of taking a WR in the 3rd but would rather have a first or a 2nd rd talent. I'm still intrigued with Rueben Randle and AJ Jenkins both of whom I think can be had in the 2nd. After the 1st rd the OT talent drops off and becomes more of a question mark.

Jenkins will be lucky to go in round 3.

Jenkins needed a really good combine, and with the exception of his 40 time, his other things were just decent or middle of the pack, such as broad jump, vertical, hand size, etc. I'm not going to guarantee it, but there are a lot of WR's ahead of him (Floyd, Blackmon, Sanu, Wright, Criner, Randle, Streeter, M.Jones, etc) and a deep FA WR class, so therefore, his services might not be asked for until rounds 4-5. Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't mind him with the late 3rd the Bears have, but don't be shocked if he falls down into the mid rounds.

Unless they resolve all other issues in FA, there is no way they should draft o-linemen in the first two rounds.

Peace :dabears

Actually LT is our first need. Wr will be addressed in FAgency, and there are several positions that need an upgrade, but OL is not a 3rd round or beyond fix.