Kemoeatu to be released?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I think the Bears have a ton of OG depth.

I'm a little confused at the ton of OG depth they have. Edwin Williams is it. Who else am I missing in the rest of the ton I hope you are not counting the current starting center! L.Williams, Lance Louis and Edwin Williams are what we have at OG right now with E Williams being depth.

I'm a little confused at the ton of OG depth they have. Edwin Williams is it. Who else am I missing in the rest of the ton I hope you are not counting the current starting center! L.Williams, Lance Louis and Edwin Williams are what we have at OG right now with E Williams being depth.

Lance Louis, Edwin Williams, Chris Williams, and Chris Spencer. 4 guys that can play guard (+ Garza, who is our starting center and previously was a long time guard).

Lance Louis, Edwin Williams, Chris Williams, and Chris Spencer. 4 guys that can play guard (+ Garza, who is our starting center and previously was a long time guard).

If you count Garza, that looks like two legit starters (Garza and C. Williams) and three guys who deserve to be backups. So, I agree that the Bears do have good OG depth. But they certainly don't have a ton of talent in the position and if a great talent fell to the Bears in the second and Emery/Lovie just had to pick him because he was obviously BPA by a longshot, I wouldn't be upset to see a draft pick put Spencer or Edwin Williams on the chopping block.

If you count Garza, that looks like two legit starters (Garza and C. Williams) and three guys who deserve to be backups. So, I agree that the Bears do have good OG depth. But they certainly don't have a ton of talent in the position and if a great talent fell to the Bears in the second and Emery/Lovie just had to pick him because he was obviously BPA by a longshot, I wouldn't be upset to see a draft pick put Spencer or Edwin Williams on the chopping block.

Well sure, if someone ridiculously highly rated at any position falls to the Bears they should probably grab them. If Andrew Luck falls to 19, the Bears should probably consider drafting him even though they have a QB...but the odds of that happening are moderately low.

Guard just isn't a position where "Depth" makes the Bears better. At tackle right now, Depth makes the Bears better because it replaces Omiyale with someone who won't be the worst player on the field. At guard right now, it takes a real legit immediate upgrade to make the Bears better, and that's unlikely to be found in the 2nd round.

Well sure, if someone ridiculously highly rated at any position falls to the Bears they should probably grab them. If Andrew Luck falls to 19, the Bears should probably consider drafting him even though they have a QB...but the odds of that happening are moderately low.

Guard just isn't a position where "Depth" makes the Bears better. At tackle right now, Depth makes the Bears better because it replaces Omiyale with someone who won't be the worst player on the field. At guard right now, it takes a real legit immediate upgrade to make the Bears better, and that's unlikely to be found in the 2nd round.

Really?! You're telling me a 2nd rounder couldn't come in and unseat Edwin Williams or Chris Spencer? Neither of those guys are that good. They are serviceable at best. Make no mistake, there is a very good chance one of those guys is starting next year since Garza will remain at Center. And if the Bears move Williams back to LT, both of those guys could potentially start (even though one would probably lose out to Louis). If that's the case, a 2nd rounder could come in and start immediately. If Kelechi Osemele is available, and it's entirely feasible that he's there in the 2nd round for the Bears, he's an immediate upgrade over Spencer or Williams.

Louis looked like a pretty good guard to me.