Plan to fill 2 of our top needs in one move

chwtom

How about this plan:

Trade our first round pick to the Giants for Osi and their first rounder.

Then sign Mike Wallace to a heavily front loaded deal, and surrender our new first (32nd overall) to the Steelers.

We get one of the top young receovers in the game, and add a legitimate pass rushing threat opposite Peppers.

Sounds Madden-esque! I just don't see that happening.

Osi strikes me as just being too old... If we're going to go all in, then let's sign Mario W, and get Wallace. We lose a 1st rounder, but gain 2 young pro bowl caliber players that should be productive for years... But, I doubt that'll happen too!

How about this plan:

Then sign Mike Wallace to a heavily front loaded deal, and surrender our new first (32nd overall) to the Steelers.

We get one of the top young receovers in the game, and add a legitimate pass rushing threat opposite Peppers.

Sounds Madden-esque! I just don't see that happening.

Osi strikes me as just being too old... If we're going to go all in, then let's sign Mario W, and get Wallace. We lose a 1st rounder, but gain 2 young pro bowl caliber players that should be productive for years... But, I doubt that'll happen too!

He's younger than Peppers...

If we are going to sign Wallace, and we are admittedly unlikely to get a DE like Mario Williams, why not get Osi? We wouldn't be losing anything but his salary, since we are losing our first round pick either way. Might as well lose a worse first rounder and get a good DE for it.

I understand not wanting to give up a first rounder for Wallace, but if you're willing to give up number 19, seems to make sense to trade back and get Wallace AND Osi.

Peppers is up there, that's not saying much sadly....

We wouldn't be losing anything other than salary for Williams either, no?

I'm more than OK giving up a first for a talent like Wallace. Osi is not worth the money from a long term perspective. Mario will cost a ton too, but he'll be around for year. Year after peppers retires. Osi may be around at best one or two more years.

He's younger than Peppers...

If we are going to sign Wallace, and we are admittedly unlikely to get a DE like Mario Williams, why not get Osi? We wouldn't be losing anything but his salary, since we are losing our first round pick either way. Might as well lose a worse first rounder and get a good DE for it.

I understand not wanting to give up a first rounder for Wallace, but if you're willing to give up number 19, seems to make sense to trade back and get Wallace AND Osi.

How about this plan:

Why would the Gaints give us Osi AND a first rounder for our first rounder? You dont smoke pot do ya? He is under contract.

How about this plan:

Not sure here, so I'm asking... Would that be this or next years 1st rounder???

I'm more than OK giving up a first for a talent like Wallace. Osi is not worth the money from a long term perspective. Mario will cost a ton too, but he'll be around for year. Year after peppers retires. Osi may be around at best one or two more years.

The difference in value between our first round pick and the Giants first rounder is approximately equal to the value of a second round pick--that is according to the nfl draft trade value chart. Nobody is going to give the Giants a first round pick for a 30 year old DE, so the equivalent of a second round pick is probably about what it would take to get him.

And no, I don't smoke pot. Instead of being a dick, maybe just ask me to clarify, or disagree with me like a regular person.

I'm pretty site it's this year's first rounder. ESPN was speculating that the Patriots could make a play for Wallace, and they said they would give up the second of the Patriots two first rounders.

Why would the Gaints give us Osi AND a first rounder for our first rounder? You dont smoke pot do ya? He is under contract.

Simple, because the difference between our 1st rounder and the Giants 1st rounder is pretty significant. It is the exact reason why if I were the Bears and what I wanted wasn't there, I'd have zero problem moving down towards the end of the 1st round to add in an additional 2nd rounder (since the difference via draft value would be of a 2nd rounder).

I'd be fine with a 1st, 2 2nd's, and 2 3rd's in what is a deep draft in a couple of the areas the Bears need to beef up.

Simple, because the difference between our 1st rounder and the Giants 1st rounder is pretty significant. It is the exact reason why if I were the Bears and what I wanted wasn't there, I'd have zero problem moving down towards the end of the 1st round to add in an additional 2nd rounder (since the difference via draft value would be of a 2nd rounder).

I'd be fine with a 1st, 2 2nd's, and 2 3rd's in what is a deep draft in a couple of the areas the Bears need to beef up.

We are not talking about trading picks, he was refering to Osi and our #1. Who in there right mind would give us a high profile player and a #1 for the 19th? Not someone that would be a GM very long in the NFL.

The difference in value between our first round pick and the Giants first rounder is approximately equal to the value of a second round pick--that is according to the nfl draft trade value chart. Nobody is going to give the Giants a first round pick for a 30 year old DE, so the equivalent of a second round pick is probably about what it would take to get him.

And no, I don't smoke pot. Instead of being a dick, maybe just ask me to clarify, or disagree with me like a regular person.

It was an attempt at highlighting the fact no GM in there right mind who make a trade like that. If you are going to purpose a trade, be realistic. I was just trying to make light on how stupid that statement was. It that hurts your feeling, then go a head and call me a dick;it doesnt hurt mine. Osi is a highly rated DE who has had some injury issues, but the Giants arent going to give him away.

I'm pretty site it's this year's first rounder. ESPN was speculating that the Patriots could make a play for Wallace, and they said they would give up the second of the Patriots two first rounders.

I have been investigating your stupid statement and it is not stupid at all. The Giants could easily make that trade, but I checked it out and you cant use a traded pick to repay for a restricted free agent, if you dont have your own , you couldnt sign Wallace. I would still make that trade for Osi. The Giants have issues and Osi wants a new contract. They have great depth at DE and could elect to get rid of the problem with Osi looking to holdout this training camp. He is making 4.5 and still wants a bigger contract, so maybe the money would be to much to. I should have checked it out before I poo-poo your statement, it actually was a good call, except for Wallace that cant happen if we make the trade.

We are not talking about trading picks, he was refering to Osi and our #1. Who in there right mind would give us a high profile player and a #1 for the 19th? Not someone that would be a GM very long in the NFL.

He was talking about moving down and instead of getting a 2nd round pick getting Osi. Than with the 1st round later on, he'd sign Wallace (and thus you lose that 1st rounder). So essentially, our 1st round pick becomes (in a round about way), Wallace & Osi. We still have our 2nd pick. I think there are far worse things that could happen and I've already said if I were going to sign Wallace I'd first trade down and get an extra 2nd (or at a minimum an early 3rd).

Quite a few people. We couldn't trade Briggs for anything more than a 3rd rounder and he's a high profile player. Heck, there is a possibility we'd be able to deal a 3rd or 4th and Briggs for Osi. Draft picks are far more valuable than players. Basically in his scenario, he is valuing Osi as a 2nd round pick, which seems fair.

I have been investigating your stupid statement and it is not stupid at all. The Giants could easily make that trade, but I checked it out and you cant use a traded pick to repay for a restricted free agent, if you dont have your own , you couldnt sign Wallace. I would still make that trade for Osi. The Giants have issues and Osi wants a new contract. They have great depth at DE and could elect to get rid of the problem with Osi looking to holdout this training camp. He is making 4.5 and still wants a bigger contract, so maybe the money would be to much to. I should have checked it out before I poo-poo your statement, it actually was a good call, except for Wallace that cant happen if we make the trade.

Good research. It makes sense that you can't trade down to get a restricted FA as it would have happened in the past. I don't think I'd give up the #19 for Wallace, given the Bears needs.

Dude, before calling me a dick, make sure you got the right person... I didn't post the comment about you smoking pot. And I could care less if you did.

Please read who posted what before responding.

I will now respond to the first part of your comment because that is the one we were discussing... Honestly, I just don't see the Giants making that trade pure and simple.

Dude, before calling me a dick, make sure you got the right person... I didn't post the comment about you smoking pot. And I could care less if you did.

Please read who posted what before responding.

I will now respond to the first part of your comment because that is the one we were discussing... Honestly, I just don't see the Giants making that trade pure and simple.

He was talking to me, just made the statement when he responded to your post.

Good research. It makes sense that you can't trade down to get a restricted FA as it would have happened in the past. I don't think I'd give up the #19 for Wallace, given the Bears needs.

Talent wise, he may be better than a rookie, but his payday will be so much more going forward and that would be cost prohibited. The problem with all FAs is you have to over pay there valve, and with so many holes we have to be smart with spending money.Look what SF did last year, they did a good job in FAgency with valve.

Guest TerraTor
How about this plan:

That'd be terrible... Osi is gone in a year