Back-up quarterback?????

Wesson44

The Bears will part ways with back-up quarterback Caleb Hanie and who would be a great cheap option? One site says the the Bears might look at a proven vet(I didn't say star) like Orton, Garard or even Grossman. Yes I know but it was a thought....lol. Grossman did get us to the Superbowl at least.

The Bears will part ways with back-up quarterback Caleb Hanie and who would be a great cheap option? One site says the the Bears might look at a proven vet(I didn't say star) like Orton, Garard or even Grossman. Yes I know but it was a thought....lol. Grossman did get us to the Superbowl at least.

Ideally it would be Orton, but he will cost you 3 to 4 mil. I dont think we will ty that money up with the back up QB with all our needs. I think we will resign McGown, and have a late round draft pick as third guy.

And it also depends on what the team thinks of Enderle. He was a late pick and was Martz guy. The Bears might not think much of him and you could have McCown as your 3rd stringer with a better 2nd stringer. McCown did a good job last year in limited playing time, but, we know what he is, and it isn't like he's some stud backup QB.

And it also depends on what the team thinks of Enderle. He was a late pick and was Martz guy. The Bears might not think much of him and you could have McCown as your 3rd stringer with a better 2nd stringer. McCown did a good job last year in limited playing time, but, we know what he is, and it isn't like he's some stud backup QB.

Hindsight tells us the #2 spot is very important so getting Orton would be great, but with all the spots we need to fill I doubt they spend the kind of money on the backup.

The fact that Enderle couldn't get time behind a real bad Hanie and then was leap-frogged by McCown tells me he's not right for this league.

While I love all these back-up options, the truth is you can't pay a huge sum for a #1 Qb and then pay for a good back-up. Who is the back-up for the Saints? The Patriots? Chargers? Hell, who is Eli's back-up?

The fact that Enderle couldn't get time behind a real bad Hanie and then was leap-frogged by McCown tells me he's not right for this league.

While I love all these back-up options, the truth is you can't pay a huge sum for a #1 Qb and then pay for a good back-up. Who is the back-up for the Saints? The Patriots? Chargers? Hell, who is Eli's back-up?

Jeff Garcia was an option that would have worked and he wouldn't have been super expensive. He's been around, knows the league, would provide accurate, smart throws, and will not create locker-room drama. He signed late in the year last year with Houston. He would have been the perfect backup.