free agent acquisitions

Stinger226

It is getting close to the start of free agency, so lets put it down in a post what we think we will get.

I am assuming after Forte we have 22 mil of cap space.

rookie pool- 5 mil

signing our own free agents-6 to 8 mil Bell,Idonije(DT), Stelz,Jennings,Graham,Okoye

L. Robinson/WR/Dal

Porter/CB/NO

Carlson/TE/Sea

Bell/LT/Buf

Royal/WR/Den

This is not what I prefer but what I think the way they may go as far as positions and players.

That leaves us in need a WR,DE, CB,LB,OL, so with this as a start we draft.

#1 Mercilus/DE/Ill

#2 Randle/WR/LSU

#3a Norman/CB/CC

#3b Carder/ILB/TCU

#4 Jones/OC/Geor

#5 Egnew/TE/Miss

It is getting close to the start of free agency, so lets put it down in a post what we think we will get.

I am assuming after Forte we have 22 mil of cap space.

rookie pool- 5 mil

signing our own free agents-6 to 8 mil Bell,Idonije(DT), Stelz,Jennings,Graham,Okoye

L. Robinson/WR/Dal

Porter/CB/NO

Carlson/TE/Sea

Bell/LT/Buf

Royal/WR/Den

This is not what I prefer but what I think the way they may go as far as positions and players.

That leaves us in need a WR,DE, CB,LB,OL, so with this as a start we draft.

#1 Mercilus/DE/Ill

#2 Randle/WR/LSU

#3a Norman/CB/CC

#3b Carder/ILB/TCU

#4 Jones/OC/Geor

#5 Egnew/TE/Miss

So the Bears would have at WR next year:

L. Robinson

E. Royal

R. Randall

D. Hester

E. Bennett

J. Knox

D. Sanzenbacher

Seems sort of ridiculous to me to devote that much to the WR position, and that much FA/Draft to the WR position in one year. If that happens, there will be minimal change in the offense because Robinson is fast but unproven (stats not dissimilar from Knox), Royal had a big rookie year and dropped off the map after that (comparable to Hester as a player), and a rookie will have minor impact while fighting for targets and catches in an offense with, by your proposal, 7 WRs. You've essentially created the pu-pu platter of WRs.

I'm guessing you think Knox isn't coming back, Sanz will get cut, and Hester is going back to only ST?

L. Robinson

E. Royal

R. Randall

D. Hester

E. Bennett

J. Knox

D. Sanzenbacher

Seems sort of ridiculous to me to devote that much to the WR position, and that much FA/Draft to the WR position in one year. If that happens, there will be minimal change in the offense because Robinson is fast but unproven (stats not dissimilar from Knox), Royal had a big rookie year and dropped off the map after that (comparable to Hester as a player), and a rookie will have minor impact while fighting for targets and catches in an offense with, by your proposal, 7 WRs. You've essentially created the pu-pu platter of WRs.

I'm guessing you think Knox isn't coming back, Sanz will get cut, and Hester is going back to only ST?

I dont think Know will make it out of training camp, Sanz will be cut, Hester as the special play guy. I think Royal is a risk but upside potential and cheap. I think they will need to address the WR spot in a big way, because we have played games there and how long will Culter stay if we keep playing Russian Roulette with the same old group.Also a TE that had good days in Oakland but was hurt in Sea., and two new OL to put in the mix to try to get it right.

John Carlson was never with Oakland.

Not a bad idea in terms of distributing money, but Laurent Robinson is more of a #2 and a redzone target. Randle is really raw, and he won't be ready for 2-3 years. Bennett would be the #1 still, and that just won't cut it. Sorry.

Marcellius Bennett (or whatever his name is) would be a pretty good signing if you don't go Carlson. Above average blocker, young, physically talented. He's improved a lot and is a former 2nd round pick.

Guest TerraTor

L. Robinson

E. Royal

R. Randall

D. Hester

E. Bennett

J. Knox

D. Sanzenbacher

If those were the WR we end up with going into 2012 Id be pretty pissed off. Robinson and Royal are a joke... Are they better than the scrubs on the roster, maybe, but comparing apples to rotten apples... who cares.

Guest TerraTor
Marcellius Bennett (or whatever his name is) would be a pretty good signing if you don't go Carlson. Above average blocker, young, physically talented. He's improved a lot and is a former 2nd round pick.

Bennett is absolutely god awful and has no work ethic.

John Carlson was never with Oakland.

Not a bad idea in terms of distributing money, but Laurent Robinson is more of a #2 and a redzone target. Randle is really raw, and he won't be ready for 2-3 years. Bennett would be the #1 still, and that just won't cut it. Sorry.

Your right I confused him with Zack Miller, I disagree with you on Randle not being ready for 2 to 3 years. I think he is one of the only WRs coming out of this draft that will cotribute right away.

If those were the WR we end up with going into 2012 Id be pretty pissed off. Robinson and Royal are a joke... Are they better than the scrubs on the roster, maybe, but comparing apples to rotten apples... who cares.

I think I mentioned this is not my first choices, it is what I think they might do. Royal hasnt did crap since his first year with Cutler, but the idea is to rekindle the relationship with Cutler and hope he can start over again. Robinson only started 4 games and had 54-858-11tds. What is so shitty about those stats as his breakout season? I would like to hear your opinions on what you(realisticly) think we will do.

I dont think Know will make it out of training camp, Sanz will be cut, Hester as the special play guy. I think Royal is a risk but upside potential and cheap. I think they will need to address the WR spot in a big way, because we have played games there and how long will Culter stay if we keep playing Russian Roulette with the same old group.Also a TE that had good days in Oakland but was hurt in Sea., and two new OL to put in the mix to try to get it right.

Why don't you think Knox will make it out of training camp? Reports say he'll be 100% by July.

Royal and everybody besides V-Jack and Colston are just mediocre.

Carlson couldn't hurt.

Why don't you think Knox will make it out of training camp? Reports say he'll be 100% by July.

Because even the reports that say that have been "Iffy" in terms of how they say what his recovery time should be. He might be "Recovered" from the injury in the sense that it doesn't affect his day to day life, but it also might actually still impact his ability to play football even at the level he was at.

Since he wasn't the most crisp route runner and he wasn't exactly known for taking contact, if he loses half a step or he shies away from the defense even more after his injury, then that could render him nearly useless as a WR.

And honestly, this was one Hell of a traumatic injury, so even if he's 100% by July, he might still need several months to get back to "Football condition".

Because even the reports that say that have been "Iffy" in terms of how they say what his recovery time should be. He might be "Recovered" from the injury in the sense that it doesn't affect his day to day life, but it also might actually still impact his ability to play football even at the level he was at.

Since he wasn't the most crisp route runner and he wasn't exactly known for taking contact, if he loses half a step or he shies away from the defense even more after his injury, then that could render him nearly useless as a WR.

And honestly, this was one Hell of a traumatic injury, so even if he's 100% by July, he might still need several months to get back to "Football condition".

If it was me as the GM i would place Knox on IR and let him heal 100%

If it was me as the GM i would place Knox on IR and let him heal 100%

That might be something I'd consider when August rolls around if he's obviously not ready, but you also don't want to discourage him by doing so too early. If he's getting close come TC time, you can use the inactive list to keep him on the roster and maybe gain extra WR depth late in the season.

Exactly. No need to play your hand now when if can be played later.

That might be something I'd consider when August rolls around if he's obviously not ready, but you also don't want to discourage him by doing so too early. If he's getting close come TC time, you can use the inactive list to keep him on the roster and maybe gain extra WR depth late in the season.

Royal and everybody besides V-Jack and Colston are just mediocre.

Carlson couldn't hurt.

The guy wasnt real big on contact before the injury, after his body heals, I think his brain wont follow. I see him gun shy and will end his football life.