We need this Package deal!!!

Wesson44

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill

Report: Finnegan “recruiting” Vincent Jackson for possible package deal

Posted by Evan Silva on March 8, 2012, 5:38 PM EST

Getty ImagesJason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that free agent cornerback Cortland Finnegan is actively “recruiting” free agent wideout Vincent Jackson to join Finnegan on his next NFL team. Cole suspects that team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Finnegan has reportedly been text messaging back and forth with Jackson. The Bucs certainly have the salary cap space to land both players, and Finnegan and Jackson play positions of need in Tampa.

Bucs incumbent No. 1 receiver Mike Williams played more like a No. 2 last season. Arrelious Benn has been a disappointment, unable to break free from a receiver committee with the similarly pedestrian Dezmon Briscoe. Preston Parker is strictly a slot guy.

With Ronde Barber unsigned for 2012 and considering retirement, Finnegan would be a natural replacement — and upgrade — at right cornerback. Left corner Aqib Talib is in danger of a league-imposed suspension.

The Buccaneers have been criticized for sitting on large amounts of cap space in past offseasons, but they’re publicly committed to opening the pocketbook this spring.

Jackson and Finnegan would be an awfully aggressive way to start.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill

Report: Finnegan “recruiting” Vincent Jackson for possible package deal

Posted by Evan Silva on March 8, 2012, 5:38 PM EST

Getty ImagesJason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that free agent cornerback Cortland Finnegan is actively “recruiting” free agent wideout Vincent Jackson to join Finnegan on his next NFL team. Cole suspects that team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Finnegan has reportedly been text messaging back and forth with Jackson. The Bucs certainly have the salary cap space to land both players, and Finnegan and Jackson play positions of need in Tampa.

Bucs incumbent No. 1 receiver Mike Williams played more like a No. 2 last season. Arrelious Benn has been a disappointment, unable to break free from a receiver committee with the similarly pedestrian Dezmon Briscoe. Preston Parker is strictly a slot guy.

With Ronde Barber unsigned for 2012 and considering retirement, Finnegan would be a natural replacement — and upgrade — at right cornerback. Left corner Aqib Talib is in danger of a league-imposed suspension.

The Buccaneers have been criticized for sitting on large amounts of cap space in past offseasons, but they’re publicly committed to opening the pocketbook this spring.

Jackson and Finnegan would be an awfully aggressive way to start.

How is a package deal going to be attractive to any team? Are they going to each take 2 mil less to play together? It is not like a QB and WR, he suggested TB because they have the most money to spend. It would be nice to get both of them guys, but doubt they will spend that much on a CB.

How is a package deal going to be attractive to any team? Are they going to each take 2 mil less to play together? It is not like a QB and WR, he suggested TB because they have the most money to spend. It would be nice to get both of them guys, but doubt they will spend that much on a CB.

They might not spend that much........but Jennings, Graham, and Bowman are free agents, so signing a CB could be within the cap.

They might not spend that much........but Jennings, Graham, and Bowman are free agents, so signing a CB could be within the cap.

Sure Finnegan is going to try to make some noise for himself, putting him with the top FA WR. He must think he's Lebron and VJax is Wade LMAO. He's beating the drum to get him noticed, thats it.

Sure Finnegan is going to try to make some noise for himself, putting him with the top FA WR. He must think he's Lebron and VJax is Wade LMAO. He's beating the drum to get him noticed, thats it.

I would still sign him....or Carr from the Chiefs

And just because Tampa has publicly stated they'll spend it, doesn't mean they will. Their GM said that 2 years ago and they finished 40+ million under the cap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe teams are required to spend a minimum until 2013.

How much $$$ will Finnegan cost? More importantly, why would V-Jack want to go to the Bucks (other than a huge pay-day)

And just because Tampa has publicly stated they'll spend it, doesn't mean they will. Their GM said that 2 years ago and they finished 40+ million under the cap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe teams are required to spend a minimum until 2013.

How much $$$ will Finnegan cost? More importantly, why would V-Jack want to go to the Bucks (other than a huge pay-day)

I would say the weather would have to be an attraction, two years ago they were 10-6 and they have the most money to spend. I think Courtland will cost 6 to 8 mil according to what CBs having gotten recently.

Guest TerraTor
Does finfag think he is or lebron or wade??? I don't want him and there is no reason to package them.... He is just trying to get pub

The whole thing is stupid. Finnegan is a jackass.

Sorta surprised that no one has really noted how well a physical, beat people up corner like Finnegan would fit into the Bears base defense package.

Actually isnt it the other way around?? the Bears do not play a ton of bump and run. a premium is not put on the CB in Lovies Defense. I like a more physical CB and like distrupting timing between QB and WR. I would loike anyone other than him.

I hate Finfag, i would hate him signing with the Bears.

Actually isnt it the other way around?? the Bears do not play a ton of bump and run. a premium is not put on the CB in Lovies Defense. I like a more physical CB and like distrupting timing between QB and WR. I would loike anyone other than him.

I hate Finfag, i would hate him signing with the Bears.

They don't play bump and run but there's a big premium on tackling and not letting the guy get past you, both against WR adn on the outside against RB. Finnegan is a guy who put up 100 tackles in 2010 and seems to have a good number of them most years.

Is the "Reputation" he has that makes people not want him based on anything other than that fight with Andre Johnson?

They don't play bump and run but there's a big premium on tackling and not letting the guy get past you, both against WR adn on the outside against RB. Finnegan is a guy who put up 100 tackles in 2010 and seems to have a good number of them most years.

Is the "Reputation" he has that makes people not want him based on anything other than that fight with Andre Johnson?

Google Finnegan. The guy is tremendous off the field and has done numerous outstanding things for the community. I personally am in agreement with you Balta that his physical presence would be a significant upgrade to the secondary and would fit in nicely with the style of football the Bears play.

I would say the weather would have to be an attraction, two years ago they were 10-6 and they have the most money to spend. I think Courtland will cost 6 to 8 mil according to what CBs having gotten recently.

Peter King has a list of top 50 free agents and Finnegan Is #2 behind Peyton Manning and ahead of CB Carr from KC who is listed at #5. I didn't realize Finnegan was that good. If Peter King is right, he'll be getting about 10 million per.

We have a need for WR, DE, and O-line above CB. No way we spend that kind of money. Although I'd be thrilled if we did.

Peter King has a list of top 50 free agents and Finnegan Is #2 behind Peyton Manning and ahead of CB Carr from KC who is listed at #5. I didn't realize Finnegan was that good. If Peter King is right, he'll be getting about 10 million per.

We have a need for WR, DE, and O-line above CB. No way we spend that kind of money. Although I'd be thrilled if we did.

I really struggle to see Finnegan outearning Carr.

the Andre Johnson was just the tip of the iceberg with this douche, he was constantly starting stuff with our WR when we played the Titans the last time and if you watch other games he is in he is always doing the same bullshit. Johnson is just the biggest name to whoop his dumbass in a game.

I do like a more physical CB and would be an upgrade to what we have now so there i would agree. I do not like the way he plays the game with his cheap shots and dirty play.