Dallas Clark released

madlithuanian

No....keep Davis he is taller and faster.....we just need to use him like Clark was used.

But is Davis better? He seems to be mediocre at best. Realistically we could probably sign both.

Either way, I'd love to see us upgrade the position to have an offensive weapon. John Carlson or Macellus Bennett would both be upgrades.

But is Davis better? He seems to be mediocre at best. Realistically we could probably sign both.

Either way, I'd love to see us upgrade the position to have an offensive weapon. John Carlson or Macellus Bennett would both be upgrades.

The only reason you might say Clark is better is because of the number of times he is thrown to per game as to how many times Davis gets his chance to catch the ball. If I threw you the ball abou t7-8 times a game you would be better than me getting the ball once a game....right? Not really you can only judge that if they got the same amount of ball thrown their way. Colts are a passing team and the Bears "get off the bus running"

The only reason you might say Clark is better is because of the number of times he is thrown to per game as to how many times Davis gets his chance to catch the ball. If I threw you the ball abou t7-8 times a game you would be better than me getting the ball once a game....right? Not really you can only judge that if they got the same amount of ball thrown their way. Colts are a passing team and the Bears "get off the bus running"

The problem is with Davis you take the risk of him not being good, since we dont have the film to determine differently. I would rather take a chance on someone that has actually did it on the field. If we sign Davis back and he sucks then what? You going to rely on Speath to be the guy? He blocks, and thats not going to get us vertical.

The problem is with Davis you take the risk of him not being good, since we dont have the film to determine differently. I would rather take a chance on someone that has actually did it on the field. If we sign Davis back and he sucks then what? You going to rely on Speath to be the guy? He blocks, and thats not going to get us vertical.

The obvious reply then is what happens if you sign Clark and he misses 8 games?

I actually think Clark would be a good fit, but look, played 6 games in 2010 and 11 games in 2011. You have to have a backup option behind him.

The obvious reply then is what happens if you sign Clark and he misses 8 games?

I actually think Clark would be a good fit, but look, played 6 games in 2010 and 11 games in 2011. You have to have a backup option behind him.

Actually I think you should sign Davis as a backup and Clark, then at least you have options.

Actually I think you should sign Davis as a backup and Clark, then at least you have options.

I think this would make perfect sense, but it's also plausible that some team would be willing to offer more money than the Bears would to grab 1 of those guys. With the O Line and WR vacancies, that's a worry.

I think this would make perfect sense, but it's also plausible that some team would be willing to offer more money than the Bears would to grab 1 of those guys. With the O Line and WR vacancies, that's a worry.

We have to address those two spots first then fit in whatever money we have left to get other deals done.

Guest TerraTor

5 years ago maybe but hes useless now. We are gonna het Carlson and porobably draft another

I like Davis' potential. I'd like to see him signed to see what he can do in an offense that utilizes the TE position as an offensive threat. TE should be far down on the list of priorities.

Kellen Davis is not a tight end on the Chicago Bears right now. The only Tight End the Chicago Bears have under contract is Spaeth.

Kellen Davis is not a tight end on the Chicago Bears right now. The only Tight End the Chicago Bears have under contract is Spaeth.

What part about, "I like Davis' potential. I'd like to see him signed..." do you not understand?

What part about, "I like Davis' potential. I'd like to see him signed..." do you not understand?

The part where it says TE should be far down the list of priorities. If that position is far down the list of priorities, then it doesn't get Kellen Davis signed because signing him is a low priority.

Upgrading the position from last year can be considered a low priority. But having someone at the position must be a high priority.

The part where it says TE should be far down the list of priorities. If that position is far down the list of priorities, then it doesn't get Kellen Davis signed because signing him is a low priority.

Upgrading the position from last year can be considered a low priority. But having someone at the position must be a high priority.

It's still a low priority, but I'd like to see Davis signed as the TE. Just because something is a low priority doesn't mean it can't happen. Since he probably has nearly no other interest, it should be an easy signing for the Bears. They throw out an offer and see if he bites. If so, great. But if he put up a fight, he can wait. Spaeth will do in a pinch.

It's still a low priority, but I'd like to see Davis signed as the TE. Just because something is a low priority doesn't mean it can't happen. Since he probably has nearly no other interest, it should be an easy signing for the Bears. They throw out an offer and see if he bites. If so, great. But if he put up a fight, he can wait. Spaeth will do in a pinch.

Frankly, I think if it were easily done, it'd be done already when the team doesn't have to compete with the rest of the league for him.

The only reasons why it wouldn't be done so far are...if he thinks he's worth more on the open market than teh Bears, or the Bears want to test their other options before moving on him.

Frankly, I think if it were easily done, it'd be done already when the team doesn't have to compete with the rest of the league for him.

The only reasons why it wouldn't be done so far are...if he thinks he's worth more on the open market than teh Bears, or the Bears want to test their other options before moving on him.

All of that may be true. If so, he can take a hike.