Redskins to go all in with Jackson

Stinger226

Was reading on PFT that with the QB in place, they will be going after Jackson big time. If Snyder wants someone, I think he will outbid us for VJ.The only thing we have going for us is being a better team.

I dont know where Jackson's head is at, but if I were in his shoes money would be the second thing driving where i would want to play. The old term loser comes to mind and who really wants to play for a losing team unless its your ONLY option. But if they throw all kinds of money at him he will be a loser of a Redskin

Was reading on PFT that with the QB in place, they will be going after Jackson big time. If Snyder wants someone, I think he will outbid us for VJ.The only thing we have going for us is being a better team.

The Redskins are idiots. How many times have they overpaid for a player? Haynesworth was the last example of their stupidity. Seemingly when they want a guy, if other teams are offering 50 million, they'll offer a hundred.

The fact they gave up 3 #1's and a #2 for the 2nd best QB in the draft is another example of this. The Rams even announced they were trading the pick, yet the Skins were willing to give up the most compensation ever to move up. If they'd have been patient, they could have saved themselves a pick.

V-Jack is a good but not a great player. If Washington wants to overpay for him, have at it.

While it appears the Bears are prepared to overpay for VJack if the Redskins wants to offer him silly money like they did with Haynesworth then they will doom themselves. Between giving up so many high picks for the next couple years and if they tie up a lot of cap space on one WR then it's going to be hard to build a good team. Based on performance VJack is worth top WR money but his character problems and inconsistent play make it clear to me that he's not worth breaking the bank. If that's where his market heads then have a chat with Mario Williams and build the best Dline in the league.

While it appears the Bears are prepared to overpay for VJack if the Redskins wants to offer him silly money like they did with Haynesworth then they will doom themselves. Between giving up so many high picks for the next couple years and if they tie up a lot of cap space on one WR then it's going to be hard to build a good team. Based on performance VJack is worth top WR money but his character problems and inconsistent play make it clear to me that he's not worth breaking the bank. If that's where his market heads then have a chat with Mario Williams and build the best Dline in the league.

The nice thing about Mario Williams is he is not only a great player, but with him you don't have to worry about the defense getting so old so quickly. The way we're headed, in 2 years we'll go from being a top d to one of the worst.

Also you win with great players. Williams is a great player. V-Jack is just good & you'll be giving him great money.

That being said, while everyone agrees we should go after Williams, does anyone think we will???

I hope the Bears don't sign either Jackson or Williams. Jackson just isn't worth the money, and I don't think the best way to improve the D is by sinking money into the defensive line. Instead, I think the biggest improvement for the defense is investing in the Offensive Line.

If the Bears don't do everything they can to bring in Carl Nicks, then I will be very disappointed. The Vikings invested heavily on a guard a while back, then the Jets did it with Faneca and it had dramatic effects for both teams. The highest paid LG in the league right now is on the Patriots. It's a key position and he is only 26 years old and arguably the best in the league.

Guest TerraTor
I hope the Bears don't sign either Jackson or Williams. Jackson just isn't worth the money, and I don't think the best way to improve the D is by sinking money into the defensive line. Instead, I think the biggest improvement for the defense is investing in the Offensive Line.

If the Bears don't do everything they can to bring in Carl Nicks, then I will be very disappointed. The Vikings invested heavily on a guard a while back, then the Jets did it with Faneca and it had dramatic effects for both teams. The highest paid LG in the league right now is on the Patriots. It's a key position and he is only 26 years old and arguably the best in the league.

I personally dont care much for Jackson. Id take Colston over him easily, considering the stupid money hes gonna get for never having 70 catches or double digit TDs....

Agreed.

I don't think we'll do much sadly...

But, I'm preparing for the worst, hoping for the best.

The nice thing about Mario Williams is he is not only a great player, but with him you don't have to worry about the defense getting so old so quickly. The way we're headed, in 2 years we'll go from being a top d to one of the worst.

Also you win with great players. Williams is a great player. V-Jack is just good & you'll be giving him great money.

That being said, while everyone agrees we should go after Williams, does anyone think we will???

I dont think we should go after Williams, the money we will have to pay him will prohibit us froming getting any other players of note. I would rather have A Colston and Grubbs,and a CB than just one guy and some low lights.

If the redskins feel like overpaying for Jackson then I say bid the price up and walk away.

There is no reason to try too outbid the redskins, look how much they over paid to move 4 spots

The Redskins are stupid!!!!! Ever since they won the Superbowl they have been making bad moves and are doing it again. All those picks for a Rookie QB that will not be your so called savior!! 100 million for a washed up DT. Buying your team Snyder will not work. If you get Griffin and Jackson spending all the picks and money...then what? You cant pay the other players you need and can't draft the top players either......lol!!! Now lets say the Redskins are 3-13 next year you wont even have a first round pick...LOL And if the Rams are 8-8 they have two or three....ha ha ha

The Redskins are stupid!!!!! Ever since they won the Superbowl they have been making bad moves and are doing it again. All those picks for a Rookie QB that will not be your so called savior!! 100 million for a washed up DT. Buying your team Snyder will not work. If you get Griffin and Jackson spending all the picks and money...then what? You cant pay the other players you need and can't draft the top players either......lol!!! Now lets say the Redskins are 3-13 next year you wont even have a first round pick...LOL And if the Rams are 8-8 they have two or three....ha ha ha

I think buying your team does work, just not the way he does it.

For a gazillionaire, it's odd that he doesn't realize a twenty dollar bill and a pocket full of nickels is worse than a wad of five dollar bills.

I think buying your team does work, just not the way he does it.

For a gazillionaire, it's odd that he doesn't realize a twenty dollar bill and a pocket full of nickels is worse than a wad of five dollar bills.

Well of course I meant that the way he buys a team doesn't work and it never will, you have to spend money on what your team needs and not off what you think a player can do by what he did on another team. Like putting a 4-3 LB in a 3-4 system or a 4-3 DE in a 3-4 system....different responsibilities that the player is not ...maybe good at so he sucks. ...In our case Hester is the main example...trying to make him the number one WR. He is a gimmick player....punt/kick off returns he is good at but a DB/WR not so good.

From what I've been told, Vjax has a 9M offer on the table from the Chargers. He does not expect Chargers to go more than that and he wants to be paid like a top 5 wideout. He is expecting to get a deal that pays him somewhere between 11 & 13M per year.

Note: I said expecting. Doesn't mean it will happen. Either way the dude wants to be paid.

I'd much rather throw a lot of money at Mario.

From what I've been told, Vjax has a 9M offer on the table from the Chargers. He does not expect Chargers to go more than that and he wants to be paid like a top 5 wideout. He is expecting to get a deal that pays him somewhere between 11 & 13M per year.

Note: I said expecting. Doesn't mean it will happen. Either way the dude wants to be paid.

Enough teams want him, he will get paid.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is taking away millions in salary-cap space from the Cowboys and Redskins for illegal front-loading of deals during the 2010 uncapped year.

The Cowboys will lose $10 million compared to the Redskins' whopping $36 million hit. Dallas was reportedly $4.7 million under the $120.6 million cap while Washington was in better shape at $31.3 million under. The franchises have the option of splitting the damage over 2012 and 2013, but it's still going to have a deleterious effect on the Cowboys' speculated interest in major free agents such as LG Carl Nicks, DE/OLB Mario Williams, and CB Cortland Finnegan and the Redskins' pursuit of Vincent Jackson.

Phenemonal news. Redskins were going to spend a lot of money. They will still have about 15M in cap room after they split it between 2012 & 2013 but that is half what they expected.

And they now have a ton of positions of need and no draft picks to fill them with, so it's almost impossible for them to go big on any one player.

LInk

The NFL is taking away millions of dollars of salary-cap space belonging to the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins for front-loading contracts during the uncapped 2010 season, according to league sources.

The salary cap is projected to be $120.6 million in 2012, but the Cowboys will lose $10 million, while the Redskins will be docked $36 million in cap space, sources said.

Dallas and Washington can split the cap loss over the 2012 and '13 seasons in whatever form they prefer, with $1.6 million each going to the other 28 NFL teams, the sources said.

The New Orleans Saints and Oakland Raiders are the only two teams that will not receive a portion of the money.

During the pre-lockout 2010 season, the collective bargaining agreement expired and the league operated without a salary cap.

According to sources, the Cowboys and Redskins took immediate cap hits during the 2010 season that normally would have been spread out over the length of the contracts, giving them an advantage that other NFL owners found unfair.

The league took an abnormally long time to release the 2012 cap number, due in part to the fact that the league was trying to decide how to handle the issues, the sources said.

According to the sources, the deductions are not termed as violations, but are part of a recent agreement the NFL and the Players Association made to raise the salary cap number while preserving benefit increases and the performance pool.