Barber gone?

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Guest TerraTor
If he's gone, Bears will be signing someone else (or drafting someone). To me it just doesn't make sense but oh well. I like Bell but Barber is a great fit as the short yardage guy behind Forte.

After Denver, good riddins... Thats just inexcusable

If he's gone, Bears will be signing someone else (or drafting someone). To me it just doesn't make sense but oh well. I like Bell but Barber is a great fit as the short yardage guy behind Forte.

Bell outplayed Barber and he's cheaper. Pompeii said we'd like to get a change of pace back. I wouldn't mind us spending a 3rd round pick on a RB.

Does anyone know if we save cap space by dumping Barber? Why are we waiting?

Bell outplayed Barber and he's cheaper. Pompeii said we'd like to get a change of pace back. I wouldn't mind us spending a 3rd round pick on a RB.

Does anyone know if we save cap space by dumping Barber? Why are we waiting?

I would guess it wouldn't be much, probably a little north of 1 million, but hell, any little bit can help.

Also, someone mentioned Chris Polk. As a USC fan watching a lot of Pac-12 games, I don't like Polk too much. He was really impressive as a freshman but fell off as his career at Washington went on. It seems like his work ethic sucks, as IIRC his combine numbers weren't too good. The Bears need to be looking at a power back, similar to Barber, in rounds 3 or 4, like a lot of members here have pointed out. Vik Ballard from Mississippi State and Ryan Turbin from Utah State come to mind for me.

I would guess it wouldn't be much, probably a little north of 1 million, but hell, any little bit can help.

Also, someone mentioned Chris Polk. As a USC fan watching a lot of Pac-12 games, I don't like Polk too much. He was really impressive as a freshman but fell off as his career at Washington went on. It seems like his work ethic sucks, as IIRC his combine numbers weren't too good. The Bears need to be looking at a power back, similar to Barber, in rounds 3 or 4, like a lot of members here have pointed out. Vik Ballard from Mississippi State and Ryan Turbin from Utah State come to mind for me.

His cap hit is 2.8 but base salary 1.9. so I think we save the 2012 salary.