Bears favorite for Mario

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I would love Williams, but PFT reported earlier that Colston is close to signing an extension with the Saints. He supposedly really wants to stay there. If he signs, the Bears have to go all in with Jackson and forget about Williams, or else they'll settling for Manningham and Lloyd, two more WR's who aren't overly big. Even if he doesn't re-up in New Orlenas, it sounds like he might get too homesick being away from the comforts of the nice weather NFC South cities and the turf in the Superdome.

I would love Williams, but PFT reported earlier that Colston is close to signing an extension with the Saints. He supposedly really wants to stay there. If he signs, the Bears have to go all in with Jackson and forget about Williams, or else they'll settling for Manningham and Lloyd, two more WR's who aren't overly big. Even if he doesn't re-up in New Orlenas, it sounds like he might get too homesick being away from the comforts of the nice weather NFC South cities and the turf in the Superdome.

With the weather and Brees , and have had more success than us, sounds like he might stay.

I don't think Moon Mullins track record has been very good on these sorta things. I'll believe it when it gets reported on Sports Center. Mario Williams on this team with Peppers = Top 3 defense in NFL, easily. Only problem with Williams is he will take up most of your remaining cap space. Then it'll be a guy like Meachem or Eddie Royal to finish free agency. Vincent Jackson or Colston give you room to possibly sign another impactful free agent like Ben Grubbs. If it were up to me, I'm going for the biggest bang for your buck, Mario Williams and Eddie Royal.

I don't think Moon Mullins track record has been very good on these sorta things. I'll believe it when it gets reported on Sports Center. Mario Williams on this team with Peppers = Top 3 defense in NFL, easily. Only problem with Williams is he will take up most of your remaining cap space. Then it'll be a guy like Meachem or Eddie Royal to finish free agency. Vincent Jackson or Colston give you room to possibly sign another impactful free agent like Ben Grubbs. If it were up to me, I'm going for the biggest bang for your buck, Mario Williams and Eddie Royal.

I actually like Eddie Royal as a cheap option. he kind of got hosed with McDaniel/Tebow in Denver.

As much as we need a #1wr investing in Williams is a much safer investment than VJack based on past character issues both on and off the field. I was hoping for Colston but i just read that he has had microfracture surgery on both knees. I dont know when those surgeries were but thats a bad sign for his future. It seems the Bucs moght be the ones to offer the outrageous contract to VJack. In that case i go with plan B and grab Williams, and any combo of OG, CB, second tier WR. We will have to go WR early in the draft but this is the draft to do that.

As much as we need a #1wr investing in Williams is a much safer investment than VJack based on past character issues both on and off the field. I was hoping for Colston but i just read that he has had microfracture surgery on both knees. I dont know when those surgeries were but thats a bad sign for his future. It seems the Bucs moght be the ones to offer the outrageous contract to VJack. In that case i go with plan B and grab Williams, and any combo of OG, CB, second tier WR. We will have to go WR early in the draft but this is the draft to do that.

It would be fun to watch the defense if he comes here, but I fear we cant upgrade the OL and WR spot to satisfy Cutler. His contract is up in two years, and if he takes a beating again for another year,I guarantee he wont be coming back. He has waited for 3 years for them to improve on offense, if we blow him off for another year?

It would be fun to watch the defense if he comes here, but I fear we cant upgrade the OL and WR spot to satisfy Cutler. His contract is up in two years, and if he takes a beating again for another year,I guarantee he wont be coming back. He has waited for 3 years for them to improve on offense, if we blow him off for another year?

Valid worry. I share it. Then we go back to a QB drought for 20 more years. It's baffling that the Bears finally got a franchise QB, we finally got a guy to cheer, and the team just won't support him.

Would I love to see Williams crash in the OL and meet Peppers in the backfield for a QB sandwich? Yes. At the expense of the massive holes on offense? IDK. It's definitely a gamble. The only way this would make sense would be if the Bears pretty much devoted the rest of the offseason and draft to the Offense.

Apparently Colston and the Saints are trying to work out a deal before FA starts today.

The guy I'd go after is Robert Meachum. Got lost in the shuffle in NO, but he's a blazer, former first round pick, still young, and 6'2". He's been banged up, but not nearly as bad as Colston (two microfracture surguries).

Apparently Colston and the Saints are trying to work out a deal before FA starts today.

The guy I'd go after is Robert Meachum. Got lost in the shuffle in NO, but he's a blazer, former first round pick, still young, and 6'2". He's been banged up, but not nearly as bad as Colston (two microfracture surguries).

If the Bears want to go for the big DE score and have monsters on both sides, they still need to find WR parts, and RM would be a reasonable one.

It's also interesting to note that Schefter was on Mike & Mike this morning and besides noting that the Bears were in on Mario, he also said they were talking to some of the top CBs in the FA pool. I find this quite encouraging, as it's a position I'm concerned about. I'm wondering if maybe someone like Tracy Porter or Aaron Ross is worth a look, depending on how the rest of the Bears' spending goes.

If the Bears want to go for the big DE score and have monsters on both sides, they still need to find WR parts, and RM would be a reasonable one.

If the Bears do sign Super Mario, i would love an Eddie Royal or Robert Meachum. They can not just go D and not address anything on O, if they went Royal then I think it is a must to go big WR in the draft.

If the Bears do sign Super Mario, i would love an Eddie Royal or Robert Meachum. They can not just go D and not address anything on O, if they went Royal then I think it is a must to go big WR in the draft.

If they sign Mario Williams then that 1st pick almost has to be a WR, and they still need help beyond that.