Brandon Marshall is a Bear

Ed Hochuli 3:16

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I love the trade, that article pisses me off because Glazer says the Dolphins fired the first shot of the FA period. Um, sorry, but this is the Bears firing the first shot. Getting an all-star, dominant, game-changing WR who would be drafted in the first round if the future could have been predicted, is much better than two 3rd rounders who may not even crack the starting lineup.

It's awesome. He turns 28 in March and he's salary cap number will be one helluva a lot less than Jacksons.

It's awesome. He turns 28 in March and he's salary cap number will be one helluva a lot less than Jacksons.

Actually, I'm not sure what the cap impact will be, his number for the dolphins was supposedly substantial enough that it would ahve made signing Manning + Manning's guys a problem. Things always get really funky when a guy is traded though.

His average cap number is about 9.4M. That will be at least 2M under what Vjax will come in at. Latest reports I've seen, indicate Bears now have approximately 15M to 17M in cap space remaining (including Forte).

Note: I'm not sure what the overall impact is cause there could be certain components about his contract which would potentially adjust/impact what his cap hit to the Bears is.

Actually, I'm not sure what the cap impact will be, his number for the dolphins was supposedly substantial enough that it would ahve made signing Manning + Manning's guys a problem. Things always get really funky when a guy is traded though.

I don't care about the cap numbers, he is a hell of a lot better receiver than Jackson, I'm stoked, plus he only turns 28 this month. This is HUGE!!! Now go get me Nicks and I will love Emery.

This is awesome, even better than getting VJack or Colston and only giving up 2x 3rd rounders? Wow! The Dolpins used 2x 2nd rounders to get him.

I just can't believe no other team offered more than that to pick up Marshall. Cutler has to be stoked.

The Bears should do everything in the power to sign Mario Williams now. I know Vaughn McClure tweeted he might be too expensive for the Bears now, but this is their chance to get a true #1 WR and another stud pass rusher. This way, they can go LT at pick #19.

I agree with TD. Marshall is a more accomplished WR than Jackson who absolutely tore it up with Cutler. Look at his stats in Denver. I believe the one year with Cutler he had around 105 catches and around 1300 yards.

While I do respect everyone's opinions, but I'd rather not have Carl Nicks. Paying an OG $8-10m/year isn't a recipe for success, and if they want an OG, go with Ben Grubbs who would only cost about $5-6m/year.

I just talked to my source, and he said the Bears made this trade because they don't believe Vincent Jackson's asking price was fair. He told me to keep an eye out for Brandon Carr. I know Sean Jensen tweeted this last night, but the Bears might choose to go younger in the secondary with a really good CB in Carr, a guy who Emery knows from KC.

The Bears should do everything in the power to sign Mario Williams now. I know Vaughn McClure tweeted he might be too expensive for the Bears now, but this is their chance to get a true #1 WR and another stud pass rusher. This way, they can go LT at pick #19.

I agree with TD. Marshall is a more accomplished WR than Jackson who absolutely tore it up with Cutler. Look at his stats in Denver. I believe the one year with Cutler he had around 105 catches and around 1300 yards.

While I do respect everyone's opinions, but I'd rather not have Carl Nicks. Paying an OG $8-10m/year isn't a recipe for success, and if they want an OG, go with Ben Grubbs who would only cost about $5-6m/year.

I just talked to my source, and he said the Bears made this trade because they don't believe Vincent Jackson's asking price was fair. He told me to keep an eye out for Brandon Carr. I know Sean Jensen tweeted this last night, but the Bears might choose to go younger in the secondary with a really good CB in Carr, a guy who Emery knows from KC.

Carr & Wimbley would be pretty nice.

VERY VERY COOL! MUCH HAPPINESS!

2 thirds is a more than fair!

I know BM has some issues but i think he is better then Vlack and Colston. I really like the fact that they traded 1 3rd this year and 1 3rd next year, still leaving us 1 3rd this year.

Really happy about this trade. What a way to start off Phil!!!!!!!

A happy Cutty is a good thing...

This is awesome, even better than getting VJack or Colston and only giving up 2x 3rd rounders? Wow! The Dolpins used 2x 2nd rounders to get him.

I just can't believe no other team offered more than that to pick up Marshall. Cutler has to be stoked.

Agreed! And I love the rapport already between him and Cutty!

I know BM has some issues but i think he is better then Vlack and Colston. I really like the fact that they traded 1 3rd this year and 1 3rd next year, still leaving us 1 3rd this year.

Really happy about this trade. What a way to start off Phil!!!!!!!

Bears | Brandon Marshall deal is friendly for squad

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:08:51 -0700

Chicago Bears WR Brandon Marshall is basically on a series of three one-year, $9 million deals right now. There are no salary cap ramifications if the team were to release him at any point.

0 Comments | Source: NFL Network - Jason La Canfora | Share: Share on Facebook

nice

Yes, I say Wright or Hill would make for a great tandem between Marshall, Eddie Royal and Earl Bennett.

With Jackson likely headed to Tampa, I can see San Diego drafting Michael Floyd at their pick to make up for that loss.

As for the Bears pick, I still want Martin at 19. If he's not there, I suspect the Bears go Mercilus then. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears move down and take Hill, and in the process, picking up another 3rd.

Bears | Brandon Marshall deal is friendly for squad

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:08:51 -0700

Chicago Bears WR Brandon Marshall is basically on a series of three one-year, $9 million deals right now. There are no salary cap ramifications if the team were to release him at any point.

0 Comments | Source: NFL Network - Jason La Canfora | Share: Share on Facebook

nice

That's great. Nice find, man. I haven't heard that bit yet.

One important thing that I haven't seen mentioned, they didn't have to give Marshall a signing bonus!!! That means all of that money the Bears had held back to give to Jackson or Williams for their huge signing bonus they would demand is just sitting there.

If they want to pursue someone like Nicks, they can give him a huge bonus and small salary for this year and back load it. There's a lot of work Cliff Stien can be doing do with the contracts, having that extra money to give out.