Brandon Marshall is a Bear

Ed Hochuli 3:16

With Jackson likely headed to Tampa, I can see San Diego drafting Michael Floyd at their pick to make up for that loss.

As for the Bears pick, I still want Martin at 19. If he's not there, I suspect the Bears go Mercilus then. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears move down and take Hill, and in the process, picking up another 3rd.

That's great. Nice find, man. I haven't heard that bit yet.

Mercilus is dependent on what the Bears do in free agency. If they sign a nice DE, they probably don't go that route. Martin would be quite nice.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want to do it, Cliff can make it happen...

One important thing that I haven't seen mentioned, they didn't have to give Marshall a signing bonus!!! That means all of that money the Bears had held back to give to Jackson or Williams for their huge signing bonus they would demand is just sitting there.

If they want to pursue someone like Nicks, they can give him a huge bonus and small salary for this year and back load it. There's a lot of work Cliff Stien can be doing do with the contracts, having that extra money to give out.

I'm really glad to see this. I was and am still not a big fan of getting Jackson. Having Marshall makes it easier for Jay to adjust as he knows him already. And the talk I was seeing about whether the team should worry about getting Jay what he wanted or he would "be gone in a few years", IMHO, was ludicrous. They sent Angelo and Martz packing and had a player like Bennett still on the roster, mostly I am sure due to Jays input. They even drafted a top tier OLman last year but who would've thought he would not be able to finish the year? The team has been doing what it can to help Jay and the offense. Unfortunately it was mismanaged somewhat.

As far as Williams...no thanks. Originally I was pretty excited about the concept but with players like Wimbley, Hawthorne and Freeney possibly available (at a much lower cost) then I'm ok with letting him go elsewhere. With the move of adding Marshall I'm pretty excited to see what else Emery has up his sleeve. Keep up the good work my man.

I couldn't be happier. Great way to start FA! By the way I also like the LB we signed for special teams as well as re-signing Jennings. Clearly Matt Forte liked Marshall coming on board. There is room for more and Mario Williams will have to think if he wants bigger dollars or to win a Superbowl. If we dont sign Williams then the second tier of Carr or possibly Wimbley, or Nicks, Carlson, among other options; all make us that much better.

Getting Marshall opens up a lot of flexibility on draft day too.

I couldn't be happier. Great way to start FA! By the way I also like the LB we signed for special teams as well as re-signing Jennings. Clearly Matt Forte liked Marshall coming on board. There is room for more and Mario Williams will have to think if he wants bigger dollars or to win a Superbowl. If we dont sign Williams then the second tier of Carr or possibly Wimbley, or Nicks, Carlson, among other options; all make us that much better.

Getting Marshall opens up a lot of flexibility on draft day too.

They have backed off of Williams because he will command 16 to 18, we dont have enough money to buy him.