Wyche

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Wow. Nicks and Winston would be a major coup.

That would allow the Bears complete freedom in the draft because they'd have shored up the primary problems. The following OL (or variation thereof) would be unbelievable:

Winston - Nicks - Garza - Williams - Carimi

I would actually hate Abraham because he's a situational guy who's old and doesn't show up in big games, but Nicks and/or Winston would be terrific.

Don't be shocked if the Bears eventually add Freeney (if they go the right of a Winston or Nicks/Grubbs). I say that because the latest reports seem to indicate he'll eventually get released and I think he'd like playing for lovie and the Bears defensive players. Plus he wants to win and would probably be willing to take a bit less (and a short term deal) late in his career.

Damn...seeing that spelled out as you did makes me drool over the possibility that not only could our line be serviceable, but actually good!

Wow. Nicks and Winston would be a major coup.

That would allow the Bears complete freedom in the draft because they'd have shored up the primary problems. The following OL (or variation thereof) would be unbelievable:

Winston - Nicks - Garza - Williams - Carimi

Don't be shocked if the Bears eventually add Freeney (if they go the right of a Winston or Nicks/Grubbs). I say that because the latest reports seem to indicate he'll eventually get released and I think he'd like playing for lovie and the Bears defensive players. Plus he wants to win and would probably be willing to take a bit less (and a short term deal) late in his career.

Freeney is making 15 mil a year, how much of a pay cut, do you think he will take? He is not worth what he is making but I dont see him taking less than 10 mil a year.

Freeney is making 15 mil a year, how much of a pay cut, do you think he will take? He is not worth what he is making but I dont see him taking less than 10 mil a year.

I don't think he will get anywhere near that, but if he did, he isn't signing with the Bears. Mincey had 8 sacks and is 28 and the talk is he'd sign for anywhere from 4-6M per year. I realize Freeney is the better player, but he's older and has had injury issues, so I'm not sure he would get more.

Supposedly Abraham wants 12M per year. If that is true, than Freeney probably wants similar. Not saying it will happen though. But when guys like Whimbley are talking about 6-7M how the heck do those guys get 12M per year. Maybe Whimbley is about to get paid a lot more than I think.

Wimbley was set make 11 for the Raiders, so I think he will demand a little more like 8 to 10 mi.

Wimbley was set make 11 for the Raiders, so I think he will demand a little more like 8 to 10 mi.

Wimbley is guaranteed 4.5M this year. The problem with his deal is some terms in it that will force the Raiders to guarantee an additional 17.5M (and impact there cap) if he is on there roster by Friday. The full extension he signed last year was a 5yr 48M deal. Which would put his average over that deal at just under 10M per year.