Update: Williams leaving Buffalo without contract

flea

Your the only one on here that thinks we have lots of money left. I would like to say I hope your right, I have visited 10 different websites and the most I seen them list was about 26 before the signing.I am not saying they know but between all of them saying about the same money, it looks like the figures I stated for quite some time.

I highly doubt the Bears are seriously in on Mario Williams after they spoke with Mincey (who re-upped with Jax, but the Bears allegedly tried to sign him).

However, we probably shouldn't be too fixated on cap numbers because if the Bears wanted to clear space...they probably could. They may very have a deal worked out with Forte to save a few million off of the cap this year while removing the franchise tag and they may have a trade available for Briggs to clear another 3-4 mil off of the cap.

This is all speculation on my part, but if they shaved around $5mil off of the cap and had 18 mil or so available to make a run at Mario and paying him 13mil during his first season....it isn't impossible.

Now with all of that worthless speculation on my part...I feel Mario is out of the question for the Bears (but dear God I hope I'm wrong).

Williams could easily make up that money differnce with market in Chicago, Advertising earnings is 3 times what it is in Buffalo he also has to consider that, If he gets 13-15 sacks he will be on TV more then JG wentworth is, He coud easily make millions from that alone. But if he sucked it up then he would get tomatoes thrown at him. So if he comes he better bring his A game.

Williams could easily make up that money differnce with market in Chicago, Advertising earnings is 3 times what it is in Buffalo he also has to consider that, If he gets 13-15 sacks he will be on TV more then JG wentworth is, He coud easily make millions from that alone. But if he sucked it up then he would get tomatoes thrown at him. So if he comes he better bring his A game.

Forget itSuper Mario is not coming to the Bears he wants to play for a losing team and take the money. If he comes here for less money ..he can make that up with all the deals that might come his way by teaming up with Peppers. Sack Attack comes to mind But if he were to come here.....NFC champs we will be next year if we got him a another WR and a OT

However, we probably shouldn't be too fixated on cap numbers because if the Bears wanted to clear space...they probably could. They may very have a deal worked out with Forte to save a few million off of the cap this year while removing the franchise tag and they may have a trade available for Briggs to clear another 3-4 mil off of the cap.

This is all speculation on my part, but if they shaved around $5mil off of the cap and had 18 mil or so available to make a run at Mario and paying him 13mil during his first season....it isn't impossible.

Now with all of that worthless speculation on my part...I feel Mario is out of the question for the Bears (but dear God I hope I'm wrong).

Exactly! I haven't posted since FA started, but I've been thinking the same regarding freeing up cap space. To add to your comments; they can restructure contracts from the likes of Url and Peppers. They can also backload the deal and offer greater guaranteed money. Williams reluctance to sign with the Bills tells me he is considering "other options". It could still be us. There is a way if the Bears see it as THE piece that gets them over...

Do I agree with a team gambling the future for instant gratification - generally no. In this case, you're damn straight I do!!!