With Marshall now what???

Wesson44

Since we got Marshall....I think our focus in FA should be with Nicks from the Saints and Winston from the Texans. With those two we could have a great Oline for Cutler. Some same Winston is a RT...so put himthere and move Gabe to the left. I would be better than Webb right? So where does Nicks play LG..then move Williams to RG...let them (Spencer,Williams) fight it out. Or you can line then up this way...sure will be better than last years line!!!

Winston - Nicks - Garza - Williams - Carimi

Carimi - Nicks - Garza - Williams - Winston

Well until I see Mario Williams sign on the dotted line somewhere else, our focus should be on him. You can't do any better than Brandon Marshall and Mario Williams as your two main free agent acquisitions. I think if he ever meets with the Bears he won't be leaving anytime soon. One thing you have to credit Lovie for is that he has a good reputation with players around the league. They like him. As long as the numbers are somewhat in the same ball park as to what he's looking for, we still have a shot. If not, then I'd turn my attention to Carl Nicks or Eric Winston and sign a secondary WR and call it a day.

Well until I see Mario Williams sign on the dotted line somewhere else, our focus should be on him. You can't do any better than Brandon Marshall and Mario Williams as your two main free agent acquisitions. I think if he ever meets with the Bears he won't be leaving anytime soon. One thing you have to credit Lovie for is that he has a good reputation with players around the league. They like him. As long as the numbers are somewhat in the same ball park as to what he's looking for, we still have a shot. If not, then I'd turn my attention to Carl Nicks or Eric Winston and sign a secondary WR and call it a day.

Nicks aint coming here, but Winston is a possiblity.

Nicks aint coming here, but Winston is a possiblity.

You're probably right, but the following still looks pretty decent:

Winston - Williams - Garza - Louis - Carimi

Carimi - Williams - Garza - Louis - Winston

As long as Louis keeps progressing (he's the obvious weak spot), that's potentially a solid OL.

As long as Louis keeps progressing (he's the obvious weak spot), that's potentially a solid OL.

Either one of those looks like it has a guy people think of as "Best at RT" playing LT...

Again, we don't know that...put either of them out on an island in Martz's offense like Webb and we'll see.

No, dude, we know that. Webb was the worst LT in the NFL last year. Even if you don't agree, by any approximation he was one of the bottom two or three. There is no way in hell a first round talent like Carimi (who has been slotted at RT because that's where he best fits, not where he only fits) or a guy like Winston who has produced consistently well in a powerful offense in the NFL over the past few seasons can be worse than Webb. No freaking way. We may not know how well they'll do, but we unequivocally know they won't do worse than Webb.

It will be an improvement, but I think we still have a OG to get in FAgency or the draft that could fit in to the LG spot. I just read Mincey resigned for 4 year 27.6 mill, thats almost 7 per year. That leaves Wimbley as our only other choice of substance in FAgency. What about M. Anderson? He has had his moments and could be cheap as a situtational pass rusher. If they dont sign a DE, I think they will resign Idonije and draft a DE in the 1st or 2nd round.

No, dude, we know that. Webb was the worst LT in the NFL last year. Even if you don't agree, by any approximation he was one of the bottom two or three. There is no way in hell a first round talent like Carimi (who has been slotted at RT because that's where he best fits, not where he only fits) or a guy like Winston who has produced consistently well in a powerful offense in the NFL over the past few seasons can be worse than Webb. No freaking way. We may not know how well they'll do, but we unequivocally know they won't do worse than Webb.

Yes, they could easily be worse than Webb, and I can say that with no hesitation because the Bears employed a backup tackle last year who was significantly worse than Webb in Omiyale. It is definitely possible to be a lot worse.

The Bears still at least need to add depth at tackle to replace Omiyale...it was pathetic that their backup tackle was so bad their only option was to move one of their young guards out to tackle for 1/2 the season. Putting a RT at LT might be an upgrade over Omiyale, but it might not be the pass blocking upgrade the Bears want.

There were a ton of issues last year with the line setup that would have made it difficult for anyone to succeed in that spot. So no, I can't honestly judge where Webb sits...but I will certainly say that the future of the coaching staff hangs on making that decision correctly.

Yes, they could easily be worse than Webb, and I can say that with no hesitation because the Bears employed a backup tackle last year who was significantly worse than Webb in Omiyale. It is definitely possible to be a lot worse.

The Bears still at least need to add depth at tackle to replace Omiyale...it was pathetic that their backup tackle was so bad their only option was to move one of their young guards out to tackle for 1/2 the season. Putting a RT at LT might be an upgrade over Omiyale, but it might not be the pass blocking upgrade the Bears want.

There were a ton of issues last year with the line setup that would have made it difficult for anyone to succeed in that spot. So no, I can't honestly judge where Webb sits...but I will certainly say that the future of the coaching staff hangs on making that decision correctly.

Bears need to add depth on the OL. You KNOW I don't disagree with that.

A lot of things made it difficult for the OL to succeed last year. Sure, I can buy that.

But at the same time, the OL just sucked on their own, even when not hindered by other considerations. While Winston/Carimi might not be the incredible upgrade the Bears would like to have at LT, going from an F to a C+ (and potentially much better) is a considerable upgrade nonetheless. I'm 200% confident that neither of the guys being discussed (i.e. Winston/Carimi) can be worse than Webb. In fact, I think there are very few OTs in the NFL worse than Webb, and luckily the Bears got rid of one of them in Omifail. Rather than finding depth to replace Omifail, I'd prefer they moved Webb to backup as his replacement and just get Winston or a LT in the first round of the draft this year. Either move makes so much sense it's not even worth saying. It's like saying the sun is hot.