How does this sound to you?

Wesson44

If we can spend a little why not get Jay another FA target like Laurent Robinson from Dallas and still draft Floyd/Hill? Marshall, Robinson,Floyd/Hill Hester, Bennett, Knox those would create a lot of match up problems for the other teams coaches and their secondaries. We would then win a shoot out with the Packers!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we add another WR like Robinson then IMO we should go after other needs. While i would love to get Martin I would even take DeCastro if he is there and put Chris Williams back at LT. Other options for first pick are CB, DE, LB, TE, or even LB to get ready for the future. For the first time in years we are headed toward a draft where we can take best availabe in Rd 1. However expect at least one of these needs to be covered via FA very soon.

If we add another WR like Robinson then IMO we should go after other needs. While i would love to get Martin I would even take DeCastro if he is there and put Chris Williams back at LT. Other options for first pick are CB, DE, LB, TE, or even LB to get ready for the future. For the first time in years we are headed toward a draft where we can take best availabe in Rd 1. However expect at least one of these needs to be covered via FA very soon.

Too many other issues. I could see adding someone like Eddie Royal but we need to address:

• OT
  • Safety
  • Cornerback
  • DE
  • Tight End
  • Linebacker

Peace :dabears

Too many other issues. I could see adding someone like Eddie Royal but we need to address:

• OT
  • Safety
  • Cornerback
  • DE
  • Tight End
  • Linebacker

Peace :dabears

Here is a list of players that might can fill some of the need you say we need to address. So who would you go after?

1. Texans defensive end Mario Williams.

2. Chargers offensive tackle Jared Gaither.

3. Ravens cornerback Lardarius Webb (RFA).

4. Chiefs cornerback Brandon Carr.

5. Saints offensive guard Carl Nicks.

6. Titans defensive tackle Jason Jones.

7. Texans offensive tackle Eric Winston.

8. Falcons defensive end John Abraham.

9. Dolphins defensive tackle Paul Soliai.

10. Patriots defensive end Mark Anderson.

11. Falcons linebacker Curtis Lofton.

12. Ravens offensive guard Ben Grubbs.

13. Eagles offensive guard Evan Mathis.

14. Redskins safety LaRon Landry.

15. Chargers offensive tackle Marcus McNeill.

16. Giants cornerback Aaron Ross.

17. Cardinals offensive tackle Levi Brown.

18. Bills offensive tackle Demetrius Bell.

19. Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch.

20. Texans center Chris Myers.

21. Saints cornerback Tracy Porter.

22. Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford.

23. Cardinals cornerback Richard Marshall.

24. Panthers linebacker Dan Connor.

25. Bengals offensive tackle Anthony Collins.

26. Lions offensive tackle Jeff Backus.

27. Steelers cornerback William Gay.

28. Seahawks linebacker David Hawthorne.

29. Bengals safety Reggie Nelson.

30. Redskins linebacker London Fletcher.

31. Broncos defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley.

32. Ravens linebacker Jarret Johnson.

33. Patriots defensive end Andre Carter.

34. Jaguars defensive end Matt Roth.

35. Bengals linebacker Manny Lawson.

36. Saints defensive tackle Aubrayo Franklin.

37. Giants offensive tackle Kareem McKenzie.

38. Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson.

39. Chargers defensive end Luis Castillo.

40. Raiders center Samson Satele.

41. 49ers safety Reggie Smith.

42. Jets safety Jim Leonhard.

43. 49ers offensive guard Chilo Rachal.

44. Eagles defensive tackle Trevor Laws.

45. Ravens defensive end Cory Redding.

46. Vikings cornerback Cedric Griffin.

47. Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett.

48. Vikings offensive guard Steve Hutchinson.

49. Raiders tight end Kevin Boss.

50. Rams center Jason Brown.

51. Raiders defensive end Jarvis Moss.

52. Redskins safety O.J. Atogwe.

53. Colts tight end Jacob Tamme.

54. Bengals defensive tackle Pat Sims.

55. Raiders defensive end Trevor Scott.

56. Packers center Scott Wells.

57. Seahawks tight end John Carlson.

58. Colts tight end Dallas Clark.

Thank you. Enough of this fantasy football, Madden stuff where the Bears trade for and/or sign two FA WRs and still use a first round pick on WR. Enough. It's stupid. It's one or the other. There are other positions on the team, and one position (LT) that is still a greater need than WR (just like it was when Free Agency started).

Thank you. Enough of this fantasy football, Madden stuff where the Bears trade for and/or sign two FA WRs and still use a first round pick on WR. Enough. It's stupid. It's one or the other. There are other positions on the team, and one position (LT) that is still a greater need than WR (just like it was when Free Agency started).

I hate to agree with you so much but I always felt LT was the biggest need with Wr a close second. I think we need to sign one more wr in FAgency(Royal met with Redskins and didnt sign) Could he be thinking about the Cutler connection now that Marshall is here? They are bringing in Herrera/OG who started for Minn last year, probably an upgrade over Williams at LG. At 31 I just see him as a stop gap for a draft choice we will make. Also Hayden is a former starter that played well in the cover 2 system that would be a cheap addition. I think they have one more good addition and the rest will be on the cheap.

I hate to agree with you so much but I always felt LT was the biggest need with Wr a close second. I think we need to sign one more wr in FAgency(Royal met with Redskins and didnt sign) Could he be thinking about the Cutler connection now that Marshall is here? They are bringing in Herrera/OG who started for Minn last year, probably an upgrade over Williams at LG. At 31 I just see him as a stop gap for a draft choice we will make. Also Hayden is a former starter that played well in the cover 2 system that would be a cheap addition. I think they have one more good addition and the rest will be on the cheap.

See, I don't mind agreeing. Anyone who didn't know OL/WR were the top two needs doesn't know a thing about what the Bears did last year (and years before). And once one was/is addressed (it has been), then the other should be the #1 priority. And since Winston is the only legit OT out there, it makes sense for the Bears to give him a look. If they think he can do nothing but RT, and Carimi can't be moved to LT, then it's probably not a great move. If that's the case, then the first round draft pick absolutely has to be a LT (provided one of the four makes it to the Bears). If one doesn't make it to the Bears, then they should go BPA at a position of need.

I would love to see a Madden team out there for the Bears, but that's just not realistic. Investing in a first round WR is fine, provided they didn't just get Marshall. Marshall is the the first rounder. Focus is needed elsewhere.

Enough of this fantasy football huh thats your take????? Well picture this if you would...Knox is hurt(might not play) R. Williams is gone Hurd cut so that leave who as your WR's before Marshall??? Max Komar, Dane Sanzenbacher. Hester and Bennett. Now can you get a title with those names? Heck NO!!! So you can not play fantasy with your team and get leftovers or think outside the Box like the 49ers who signed Moss when they have three good WR already and went to the playoffs. Just for the record go look at the WR'S the Packers (15-1) put on the field last year they have four stars(Driver,Jones,Jennings,Nelson) and a TE and then drafted Cobb!! ANd you know the PAckers have a great running back like Forte...........not!!! So you saying to me that they Bears should not give our strongg armed QB a chance to win in the passing game by adding WR's is like giving Forte the ball with no blockers, he can make a few miss but not all. Sure our WR'S can gain a few yards but......... So we have Marshall, Bennett, Hester, Knox (maybe) drafting Floyd/Hill (for the future) and signing Robinson would not make our team better? Now a never said that we should ignore the defense and the other holes we have at LT, but the passing game wont work without the WR's. They Colts used to be the team with Manning because of the weapons he had to throw to, Brady, Farve,all the good QB had weapons at the WR position not scrubs.

OH JASON????? Why did the Bears just sign another WR can you please tell e that HUH???????? Oh that's right they are playing fantasy football......lol the should have signed Robinson instead they already have Knox(maybe) Bennett and Hester that can catch punts and kickoffs. The real reason they signed THIS guy is the loss of Graham only and to take Hurds spot.

OH JASON????? Why did the Bears just sign another WR can you please tell e that HUH???????? Oh that's right they are playing fantasy football......lol the should have signed Robinson instead they already have Knox(maybe) Bennett and Hester that can catch punts and kickoffs. The real reason they signed THIS guy is the loss of Graham only and to take Hurds spot.

Gimme a break dude.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,6928167.story

SPECIAL TEAMS ACE. The guy got signed as a deep roster WR and a ST standout. Not a starting WR. They are filling the gaps now. Do you honestly not see the difference?! If not, you can't be helped.

Enough of this fantasy football huh thats your take????? Well picture this if you would...Knox is hurt(might not play) R. Williams is gone Hurd cut so that leave who as your WR's before Marshall??? Max Komar, Dane Sanzenbacher. Hester and Bennett. Now can you get a title with those names? Heck NO!!! So you can not play fantasy with your team and get leftovers or think outside the Box like the 49ers who signed Moss when they have three good WR already and went to the playoffs. Just for the record go look at the WR'S the Packers (15-1) put on the field last year they have four stars(Driver,Jones,Jennings,Nelson) and a TE and then drafted Cobb!! ANd you know the PAckers have a great running back like Forte...........not!!! So you saying to me that they Bears should not give our strongg armed QB a chance to win in the passing game by adding WR's is like giving Forte the ball with no blockers, he can make a few miss but not all. Sure our WR'S can gain a few yards but......... So we have Marshall, Bennett, Hester, Knox (maybe) drafting Floyd/Hill (for the future) and signing Robinson would not make our team better? Now a never said that we should ignore the defense and the other holes we have at LT, but the passing game wont work without the WR's. They Colts used to be the team with Manning because of the weapons he had to throw to, Brady, Farve,all the good QB had weapons at the WR position not scrubs.

What I'm saying is, they have already made a big move for WR. They also have a few pieces at WR. They still aren't a collection of all pros at WR. But at the same time, attention is required elsewhere. To go out and grab another big name FA WR is a bad move, and more in line with fantasy football than what a team trying to win should actually do. You know, because most fantasy leagues don't have to worry about signing individual talent on defenses, and no fantasy league allows you to draft an offensive lineman. What you seem to fail to grasp is that by focusing all that attention on WR, you actually are saying they should ignore the other positions. Two FA (well, now three) AND the first rounder? Too much focus on one position.

Remind me again about why Peyton, in all his greatness, has one ring (against our team)? Oh right, defensive and running game flaws.

Remind me again why the Packers didn't win last year with their collection of WRs? Oh right, horrible defense and running game flaws.

Having good weapons: Good.

Having good weapons at the expense of the other positions and the salary cap: Bad.

Gimme a break dude.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,6928167.story

SPECIAL TEAMS ACE. The guy got signed as a deep roster WR and a ST standout. Not a starting WR. They are filling the gaps now. Do you honestly not see the difference?! If not, you can't be helped.

Oh eating crow now huh........I know why the Bears signed him and I stated that but the fact remains the same ....they did just get two WR during the FA period and may still indeed draft either Floyd or Hill. So now Komar and Sanazenbacher may not be one the team much longer after camp.

Oh eating crow now huh........I know why the Bears signed him and I stated that but the fact remains the same ....they did just get two WR during the FA period and may still indeed draft either Floyd or Hill. So now Komar and Sanazenbacher may not be one the team much longer after camp.

the fantasy football reference is the fact you suggest we have tons of money to sign all those good players(and we need them)but just cant afford 4 or 5 bigger contracts. The signing of those lesser players doesnt constitute fantasy football, those are the type of moves that is expected with (not as much money as everyone thinks)what we have left to spend. I would like everyone you suggested, but without a lot of creativity dont see us making anymore big splashs.Hopefully one more.

What I'm saying is, they have already made a big move for WR. They also have a few pieces at WR. They still aren't a collection of all pros at WR. But at the same time, attention is required elsewhere. To go out and grab another big name FA WR is a bad move, and more in line with fantasy football than what a team trying to win should actually do. You know, because most fantasy leagues don't have to worry about signing individual talent on defenses, and no fantasy league allows you to draft an offensive lineman. What you seem to fail to grasp is that by focusing all that attention on WR, you actually are saying they should ignore the other positions. Two FA (well, now three) AND the first rounder? Too much focus on one position.

Remind me again about why Peyton, in all his greatness, has one ring (against our team)? Oh right, defensive and running game flaws.

Remind me again why the Packers didn't win last year with their collection of WRs? Oh right, horrible defense and running game flaws.

Having good weapons: Good.

Having good weapons at the expense of the other positions and the salary cap: Bad.

I understand what you are saying but tell me why we didnt winanything last year or this year passing game flaws (and backup QB)......we have the defense and the running game as you well know. But our neglect of a good WR or two over the years has always cost us. Now that you mention the Packers and the Colts and even the Saints neither teams has a team of all pros but......... did they not get where they are now with bad WR'S and a weak passing game????? But you have to focus on what you need to make your team good if not great. Looks at the years that Denver had a great line. hell every back they brought in ran for 1000 yards, now that they have a sorry line what happened 759 tops QB leading rusher.......lol. Now I'm sure you have watched the Bears over the years with a good defense and can't even score in the red zone or better yet convert on third down because our WR's can't catch.......yes you have seen it many times. but with better WR's comes better results.

the fantasy football reference is the fact you suggest we have tons of money to sign all those good players(and we need them)but just cant afford 4 or 5 bigger contracts. The signing of those lesser players doesnt constitute fantasy football, those are the type of moves that is expected with (not as much money as everyone thinks)what we have left to spend. I would like everyone you suggested, but without a lot of creativity dont see us making anymore big splashs.Hopefully one more.

Most people talking about signing multiple wideouts were talking about signing multiple cheaper wideouts vs. signing Vincent Jackson and trading for Marshal. Or signing Vjax/Colston.

I understand what you are saying but tell me why we didnt winanything last year or this year passing game flaws (and backup QB)......we have the defense and the running game as you well know. But our neglect of a good WR or two over the years has always cost us. Now that you mention the Packers and the Colts and even the Saints neither teams has a team of all pros but......... did they not get where they are now with bad WR'S and a weak passing game????? But you have to focus on what you need to make your team good if not great. Looks at the years that Denver had a great line. hell every back they brought in ran for 1000 yards, now that they have a sorry line what happened 759 tops QB leading rusher.......lol. Now I'm sure you have watched the Bears over the years with a good defense and can't even score in the red zone or better yet convert on third down because our WR's can't catch.......yes you have seen it many times. but with better WR's comes better results.

Technically we didn't win anything last year because our QB got hurt. There were other flaws to the team but this was one of the best teams in football last year (or at least playing like it) prior to Cutler going down.

Technically we didn't win anything last year because our QB got hurt. There were other flaws to the team but this was one of the best teams in football last year (or at least playing like it) prior to Cutler going down.

Yes I total agree with you. And the team could be even better with the guys we are getting now and letting go.

Most people talking about signing multiple wideouts were talking about signing multiple cheaper wideouts vs. signing Vincent Jackson and trading for Marshal. Or signing Vjax/Colston.

Yes i was one of those people...I never said that we had to hve MOss Jackson Wayne and all the such, but we needed two of the bunch to be able to spread the field and not have the defense double team our star WR. We have that in Marshall our go to guy....now we need another one the other side..Bennett, Hester and Knox are not the outside type but more of the in the slot guys

Yes i was one of those people...I never said that we had to hve MOss Jackson Wayne and all the such, but we needed two of the bunch to be able to spread the field and not have the defense double team our star WR. We have that in Marshall our go to guy....now we need another one the other side..Bennett, Hester and Knox are not the outside type but more of the in the slot guys

How are you defining the slot/outside guys? I always thought of a slot guy as more of a possession, over the middle kind of guy, and I think I put Bennett in that role, while the "outside guy" in the 2 spot is a nice deep threat, which if they're healthy Hester and Knox do sorta fill that role.

With Weems on board I'm not sure if they count that role as filled or not. He's only been a 10 catch a year guy with the Falcons but the Bears might want to expand his role there as well. If they think he's just a 10 catch a year gimmick guy, then the Bears could still use an additional WR, but it's not a giant priority now...a 2nd-3rd round priority perhaps. TE and the defensive spots are moving up the priority list now.

Wesson, ease up. Jason is saying that the Bears don't need a great WR, solid WR, and another in round 1. If your argument is really that "HA! I WAS RIGHT! WEEMS IS A WR!," then you're really off base. If Weems gets more than 5 catches this year, something really went wrong for them. That would be like the Bears trading Hester to Oakland, you being a Raiders fan, and saying "the Raiders add WR Hester." No. They added a ST player, just like the Bears just did with Weems. Weems will be their #4 or 5 WR this year.

How are you defining the slot/outside guys? I always thought of a slot guy as more of a possession, over the middle kind of guy, and I think I put Bennett in that role, while the "outside guy" in the 2 spot is a nice deep threat, which if they're healthy Hester and Knox do sorta fill that role.

With Weems on board I'm not sure if they count that role as filled or not. He's only been a 10 catch a year guy with the Falcons but the Bears might want to expand his role there as well. If they think he's just a 10 catch a year gimmick guy, then the Bears could still use an additional WR, but it's not a giant priority now...a 2nd-3rd round priority perhaps. TE and the defensive spots are moving up the priority list now.

Well I define the outside guys are the ones who have the biggest mismatch with the corners like our 6'4 Marshall going against a 5'10 CB...now with the inside guys you have a bigger slower saftey or Lb trying to cover the speedy Bennettt/Hester/Knox....thereby creating another mismatch for us. Then you have the TE for the middle of the field like we did when Olsen was here.

Well I define the outside guys are the ones who have the biggest mismatch with the corners like our 6'4 Marshall going against a 5'10 CB...now with the inside guys you have a bigger slower saftey or Lb trying to cover the speedy Bennettt/Hester/Knox....thereby creating another mismatch for us. Then you have the TE for the middle of the field like we did when Olsen was here.

Eh, I don't know of too many teams who sport 2 different 6'3"+ wideouts.

And BTW, the Bears are paying Bennett $4.5m for the next 4 years. I highly doubt they make him their 4 or 5.

If he's healthy enough to stay on the field, Bennett is clearly going to be a very useful option, especially if Marshall's presence means he's regularly single-covered...but there are still some catches to go around here, if Knox isn't going to be ready. Right now the Bears 3 big receiving threats are Marshall, Bennett, and Forte, with Knox, Hester, and Weems covering "Gimmick/occasional plays/maybe missing part of the season", and Sanzenbacher possibly as an injury fillin/hands guy who also winds up on special teams.

There's room there for either a tight end who grabs a good number of catches or another WR who grabs a good number and pushes the 3 faster guys farther down the list.