Bears Sign WR/KR Eric Weems

dawhizz

There are some thoughts that Hester, who is due a 10M roster bonus, might be traded.

I can understand where this is coming from, but if Weems didn't cost too much, this won't be the case. In fact, Weems is a horrible PR and a solid KR, while Hester is a great PT and a horrible KR. Weems will be the KR and will be the ST ace.

Guest TerraTor
I can understand where this is coming from, but if Weems didn't cost too much, this won't be the case. In fact, Weems is a horrible PR and a solid KR, while Hester is a great PT and a horrible KR. Weems will be the KR and will be the ST ace.

Horrible Kick Returner...

What?

He is a better PR, 6 tds in the last three years. This gives us depth at WR and a STs guy. I dont think Knox will be around at the begining of the season. I think they will go to Hester and ask him to take a different contract and have Weems as a backup plan if they release him.

Guest TerraTor
Statistically, he was better than Hester.....

Silly rabbit...

He has 1 td in kickoff returns over 4 seasons...... Hester had 4 in 2 seasons...

And the guy doesnt provide WR depth he has 24 career catches

He has 1 td in kickoff returns over 4 seasons...... Hester had 4 in 2 seasons...

And the guy doesnt provide WR depth he has 24 career catches

He averaged more yards per return than Hester on kick returns.....over the past four years has had the same amount of TD's as hester on kick returns

BTW dont cherry pick stats from 06-07, thats just sad.....

Guest TerraTor
He averaged more yards per return than Hester on kick returns.....over the past four years has had the same amount of TD's as hester on kick returns

BTW dont cherry pick stats from 06-07, thats just sad.....

Big deal...nobody kicking to avoid him

He is a better PR, 6 tds in the last three years. This gives us depth at WR and a STs guy. I dont think Knox will be around at the begining of the season. I think they will go to Hester and ask him to take a different contract and have Weems as a backup plan if they release him.

That's what I said. Hester is the better PR and Weems is the better KR. Also, Weems will take Graham's spot as the gunner.

Yeah I didn't really like this signing. I would have rather got an actual receiver like Royal who can play some special teams as well. Weems isn't really a receiver.

We only want Weems to be a back-up receiver. We're talking about the #5 or 6. Dane Sanzenbacher should be worried.

BM, Bennett, Knox & Hester are locks to be on the team if healthy. We could add one more.

The Weems deal is only around $1.4m/year. That's a steal.

That may be a steal, but that's a helluva a lot of money to spend on a back-up punt or kick returner. I'm guessing we'll continue to utilize the duel threat, where if they kick away from Hester, there's another option to fear.

We're just spending one helluva a lot of money on back-ups. i'll feel better once we upgrade the offensive and defensive line.

That may be a steal, but that's a helluva a lot of money to spend on a back-up punt or kick returner. I'm guessing we'll continue to utilize the duel threat, where if they kick away from Hester, there's another option to fear.

We're just spending one helluva a lot of money on back-ups. i'll feel better once we upgrade the offensive and defensive line.

He won't be a back-up, unless you mean a back-up WR. He is going to be THE kick returner. He's going to take Graham's spot as a gunner, and everyone LOVED Graham's work last year.

If I told everyone Graham would be back for 1.4 million a year, everyone would've had an erection. This is a great move for a guy who is even more versatile than Graham, and everyone will agree when the Bears have the best ST in football again.

Seriously. Emery is really adding a lot of fuel to Toub's tank....

He won't be a back-up, unless you mean a back-up WR. He is going to be THE kick returner. He's going to take Graham's spot as a gunner, and everyone LOVED Graham's work last year.

If I told everyone Graham would be back for 1.4 million a year, everyone would've had an erection. This is a great move for a guy who is even more versatile than Graham, and everyone will agree when the Bears have the best ST in football again.